Horse speed not affected by gear

My horse Pegasus has a standard speed of 42 but reaches roughly 70 with gear. All other stats are buffed but speed stays at 42.

This happened recently when I took it all the gear off to repair for the first time And then put it back on. I have tried replacing the horseshoes with a new pair but this does nothing.

Is this a known issue? Is there a solution or anything i might have missed?

Same issue here with jenda only 42 with racehorse perk and military shoes I just bought another horse and got 63 speed with it when jenda is supposed to be 69 like in my first playtrough.

Did either of you equip the gear on your horse?

I suppose I could maybe get Jenda then, but I’d prefer to have Pegasus working. You can get Pegasus from the Uzhitz stable btw.

Well yeah obviously. I think both our comments confirm that.

If I’m going to go into it it just sounds like your putting it your horses inv then not equipping it.

dude seriously I have played this nearly 300hours I know how game works and I dont use mods

That 300 hours isn’t on your add here so how am I supposed 2 know

It doesn’t sound like that at all. We both said what our horses get up to with gear. To know that we need the gear to be equipped. I also said it happened after I took the gear off for repairs. To take the gear off it needs to be equipped. For it to be damaged it needs to be equipped. I also said all other stats are buffed, which means gear is equipped.

Taking gear from the horses tack would be unequipping it from the horses inv, gear could’ve been damaged then taken from a dead horse and there are countless reasons your horse could’ve been getting buffed.

So your responses are based on unlikely scenarios. And that I can’t put my high level gear back on after repairs.

You’re not helping

Read their other posts. I think that’s the point. They’re either trolling or stupid. Is there a difference? Saying stupid, or pointless, things, and then claiming trolling is a common internet trope.

As for the horses and stats, are you using mods? Any? If so remove them all and add back one by one. I haven’t played for a while, but I never had this issue.

Shoes and the racehorse perk add speed, equipped weight reduces speed, based on the horse’s strength. If nothing changes then try getting a new horse and then going back to your preferred horse. If all mods are removed, and it still has this issue, then it’s a bug.

It is bug I had 0 issues on my first playtrough and on second horse felt slow and then I realized speed is 42 no matter what but yea just buy other horse and buy back that horse what u wanna use.

It’s the stupid choice.

bought back jenda still 42 but gear affects other horses but not jenda

Jesus what did you do to Henry?

what do u mean? XD

I mean you made him look like crap

thx I like this “toth” look “noble”

No, Toth is half as ugly