House of God = Neverending loadingscreens - SOLUTION INCLUDED

Holy crap that is sad, I’m sorry that happened. Hopefully they fix it soon… I only lost a few hours.

Chiming in here.

As stated above that specific quest causing mad issues, as soon as you turn in the guy who drops the stone on you from that save point forward, huge load issues, infinite load screens on story cutscenes, drank SS to reload got an infinite load screen.

Loving the game, cool quest but needs some investigation.

Definitely some sort of problem if all of the above are experiencing this issue.

Spoilers belows to how the quest might be doable without bugging the game.

**SPOILERS** Possible solution **SPOILERS**

I have a brother who’ve now done the quest only with a different outcome and he haven’t experienced the same issues. Here is the difference.

• He never figures out it was Zmora who caused it all.
    • He let the dude who threw the rock go.
    • Just went to the Overseer and delivered the quest

He did these things and still got a quest reward of 2K

There seems to be an issue with the entire catching of Zmora.
I also noticed in a couple of my many replays of the quest, that sometimes Zmora would be on the roof floor of the long building to the North, with the other guy standing up in the other room, but unconcious. Zmora is in these cases not carrying the other guy, yet my character pretends that he is carrying him. I don’t know if it’s the cause of the issue or a result of the issue. But thought the information might help. Because it shows there’s something about the quest that isn’t quiet right.

2 Likes

I’m having horrible loading time issues. Any time I try to talk with someone is a 5 minute loading time and I haven’t done that quest yet

Do you have your game on a hdd or ssd? mine had shitty load times till i moved it to my ssd

I just did that and turned off my capturing hoping to shave a little time off. Here’s to hoping.

Im having the same problem with that quest, My save right before meeting Zmora will make the game crash if I try to load.

Please thank your brother from me for this solution Kanj, this was really bugging me out and now, after doing it exactly as you said, I finally can continue to play this (so far) really great game! Thanks allot! :upside_down_face:

Same problem here, I could save, but when I sleep I have a neverending loading screen.

This is what i did, spoilers

I never found the clue at the construction site, so this is still “open” after killing Zmora.
I took the skull to the knacker
I beat the shit out of the guy who tried to scare me with the rock
Chased down Zmora and beat him to death

I did the same thing. Now I’m stuck.
Wonder how to get the hell out of this quest.

Well here’s what I did if it helps.

1. delete all saves
  2. find a thread like this too late
  3. cry
  4. hope for a patch for a day or two
  5. cry some more when you here the next pc patch will be due in approx 2 weeks.
  6. just start a new playline when urge to play becomes unbearable.
1 Like

Just did that hahaha

It’s f#cked Boys

Henry gotta gather more herbs now

Yes, this is what we all meant by “not able to save”. Sleep = save, saviour schnapps just stops working beyond this point.

Just hit this bug. Frustrating.

Going to load an older save and see if the alternate quest approach solves the problem.

Doesn’t look like it’s possible for me to not figure out it’s zmola because of the way the dialog with the stone thrower works. I cannot exit the conversation without asking “Who sent you” and it’s that question that gives me the quest update to find zmola. And that step is also bugged for me, he’s not in the house where he’s supposed to be and the quest times out and I get an update to go back to Divish. It’s at this point that my save problems start.

Not sure what to do.

I tried to complete the quest, that did not work either. Im going to leave the game for a while. Till they sort this shit out.

It work for me! thanks!

I killed the guy who throw me the rock after he told me that Zmora is on the mill
I went to the marked area, I didn’t entered the mill, waited an hour
The mission changed to inform Sir Divish in Tamberg, so I completed there the mission
Then I went to Tamberg’s bed and slept and save with no problems at all!

Ah, i didn’t try turning it in at Divish before sleeping. Gonna try that today.

Didn’t work for me. I traveled to Tamberg and turned the quest in at Divish and received the reward. Then I immediately slept in the bed there, which resulted in an infinite loading screen.

Looks like I’ll have to put the game down until this particular bug is patched.

I get this before or after the cutscene after playing dice with Nightingale