House of God = Neverending loadingscreens - SOLUTION INCLUDED

Same problem than everyone here and I’m on PS4. I found no solution to avoid this bug after the quest except loading a previous save.
Unfortunately I deleted all my previous saves and now I’m stuck. I can’t save the game anymore…

You’re not alone, I did it too… -_-

Patch 1.2.5 released today did not solve the matter :frowning: *Waiting for next patch)

Read what I’ve edited into the 1st post if you’re still experiencing the bug.
It’s a possible workaround. Obviously you need to load a save from before you started the quest.

The other workaround is what I did, start a new savegame.

Ran into the exact same issue. Conversation load times starting getting longer and longer, if i open the menu and select save nothing happens and the game is non-responsive. Anything that attempts to auto-save will just get stuck at an infinite loading screen. I think it’s definitely something to do with Zmora and/or the Scaffold maker guy who Zmora kills. I found Zmora in the upper level of the mill, Henry reacts like he’s carrying a body, I kill Zmora, then find the guy he was supposed to be carrying in the other room, standing there. I can attack him and “kill him”, it will even give me the mercy kill option, but the NPC is obviously bugged and will never die, never move, never talk to me.

Unfortunately I no longer have any save games prior to starting this quest. I’m too far in to start over, so I guess it’s either wait and hope a patch fixes this obviously bugged quest, or hope somebody else figures out a work around.

Same here I started a new game and deleted all my old saves and it’s still taking forever to load. I have a very fast comp to. The first 50 hours the game loaded everything under 5 seconds. Now it’s at the point where I have to close the game and reopen it in hopes whatever it is will load. Even dialogue and trade screens take awhile to load now.

Guys, my problem in THE HOUSE OF GOD quest is when trying to interact with zmola after the rooftoop scene. He’s at the house, but he doesn’t do anything, and if i try to kill ou nock him out he runs to the guards. What do i do?

Currently the only options with this bugged quest is to reload a save prior to starting it, or at least much earlier in the quest line and hope your game is not bugged yet, then avoid it like the plague, or try to finish it in the order mentioned above, making the same choices.

After trying something here and there i found another solution (at least for me)
before you talk to Zmora, after you identified the “Demon Skull”, go to the rooffloor of the mill, talk to the guy that is sitting in the corner (forgot his name, the one that found the skull) and talk to zmora after that. Now you can kill Zmora and finish the quest.

I think the event at the mill where Zmora is supposed to kill that guy is causing the bugg because i can save and sleep without problems until i enter the event area

1 Like

I found a soultion. I loaded back to after i talked to the guy who threw the rock. I let him go. I waited 1 hour. Rode to the event scene where Zloma don’t apear. I waited undtil dawn and walked into the mill. There I met Zloma and killed him. Right after, I slept 1 hour in the bed right next to where i found Zloma, in the room upstairs. It worked for me and then I just walked and finished the quest. Don’t no what fixed it. Maybe the time or the waiting time fixed it. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Awesome, this worked for me as well. I had a save right before the meeting under the scaffolding. Instead I went straight to the Mill and let Lesek go. It seems that the bugged step in this quest is getting to the point where Zmola kills Lesek. If you find a path that doesn’t get to that point you can finish the quest and it won’t bug.

1 Like

I think its the patch cause i was playing a new game and it still happen like 30 minutes into the game when sleeping, talking to npcs etc very long load times. Then when going on patrol with nightingale, and then the playing dice part which is where the infinite loading screen bug happens. It loads so you see him sitting at table then all the light sources kinda freaks out then it fades out to black and the infinite black loading screen happens with the loading bar that never fills up. Alt+enter etc never works only close with task manager or alt+f4.

Thanks man, but i kinda lost patience and just killed the guy, and it actially worked😂. Apreciate the tip anyways!!

Ran into the same type of bug again, this time with the quest in Talmberg for the Huntmaster where you search out the poacher. I ran the quest to the point where I kidnapped the hunter’s wife and took her to the mine in the forest, then get the huntmaster to sign the confession. At that point it’s the same symptoms, load times take forever, unable to manual or autosave. Quest name is Cherchez La Femme.

Just thought I would pitch in as I’ve got a way to fix, Just like Rayplay said.
Once I spoke to the guy who threw the stone it then says catch Zmola.
I just waited one hour then when when it resumed the quest changed to Go see Sir Divish, I went to him he gave me 2k odd Groschen then quest finished.
I went to sleep in Talmberg and woke up fine no long wait time or stuck on loading screen.
Hope this helps

Created an account only to express my eternal gratitude to those who figured out that it’s the scene in the mill that bugs it all.
So, what I did:

• loaded a previous save, where I learnt that the skull is fake, but I didn’t go to the location suggested by the quest
  • I went straight to the mill, and on the upper floor found this Leshek guy or whatever his name is
  • he told me he was hiding there from Zmola, and I decided to take him to the overseer
  • after that game immediately “teleported” me to overseer, and I told him that Zmola is to blame for all this
  • after that I got a task “report to sir Divish”, and that I did and after that I successfully saved the game after sleeping.

Updating the post with solutions given by contributers in the thread. Sorry if I missed any of you :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for this post and including the multiple solutions. I had quit playing this game for a while because I thought it was a problem with patch 1.2 on Xbox One because it just happened to coincide with me doing this quest. I used solution 3 and went and saved just to try it and it worked perfectly…cannot say how helpful this is, first game breaking bug I have come across, just glad to be able to keep playing now.

The long loading screen bug cleared up after finishing house of god questline. However I noticed all npcs had clipping issues during the quest and still have after the quest, where their skin clips through their clothes especially the monk robes, I dunno if its the patch or the quest that bugged something, since i didn’t have this issue with the day 1 patch…

Also created an account to specifically to say thanks to those posting solutions. I was ready to quit game until patched