House of God = Neverending loadingscreens - SOLUTION INCLUDED

So my brother went through the quest differently than I did and the way he did it clearly avoids the bug.

**SPOILERS** SOLUTION #1 **SPOILERS**

I have a brother who’ve now done the quest only with a different outcome and he haven’t experienced the same issues. Here is the difference.

• He never figures out it was Zmora who caused it all.
    • He let the dude who threw the rock go.
    • Just went to the Overseer and delivered the quest

He did these things and still got a quest reward of 2K

There seems to be an issue with the entire catching of Zmora.
I also noticed in a couple of my many replays of the quest, that sometimes Zmora would be on the roof floor of the long building to the North, with the other guy standing up in the other room, but unconcious. Zmora is in these cases not carrying the other guy, yet my character pretends that he is carrying him. I don’t know if it’s the cause of the issue or a result of the issue. But thought the information might help. Because it shows there’s something about the quest that isn’t quiet right.

If you like me got to the point where you had to hunt down Zmora and the game bugs out and you can’t sleep nor save. Solution above is prolly the way to go.

Another Solution have been given by K-RayPlay :slight_smile:

**SPOILERS** SOLUTION #2 **SPOILERS**

Another Solution have been given by Kamui.R :slight_smile:

**SPOILERS ** SOLUTION #3 **SPOILERS**
1 Like

It’s getting to the point where starting a conversation with a guard takes 3 minutes to load. Same goes for washing yourself and eating from a pot. I am clueless as to what started this because earlier in the game everything was pretty fast and loading was seemless.

PC SPECS –
Intel® Core™ i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

I run game at lowest settings to reduce load times.

1 Like

I’ve kept repeating the process for a long while now, same result although I’ve noticed when I get to the 2nd loading screen (The one with a black screen) I can hear things going on around my character, such as people shovelling. Dunno if it’s any assistance.

Thank god I’m not the only one. I was getting scared. it’s been about 5 hours since i had to stop playing because i had the exact same issue. eat from pot, talk to npc, wait, washing, end of fast travel …etc all end in minutes of loading time. sleeping or saving the game results in indefinite load times. the game is unplayable for me. I can’t save, and i can’t sleep. I made it as far as I could by drinking spirits to keep my energy level up doing main quests hoping for an auto save, but it seems moving onto a story cutscene also runs into infinite load times. I’ve sent an email to the devs but in truth, I am a bit doubtful that it won’t involve just starting over from the start. I’m 20 hours in…
I truly hope we get some response so we may keep playing :frowning:

and yes I also noticed that for sleeping, there’s the first loading sequence identical to that of waiting, but then there is a second loading which gets rid of the time wheel/clock thing and just gives you a black screen with the loading animation on the bottom right corner. At that point I can hear things going on around me but that won’t end the loading.

I am experiencing the same (after 26 hours of gameplay). It Started happening towards the end of the quest where you look into the death at sassau monastery (cant remember the name of the quest). It has come to the point where after i sleep, i get into a never ending loading screen, which really sucks as i cant play the game anymore because of it

The original version of the game worked fine, and loading times where really fast for me (basically instant loading time for when talking to NPC’s). But after the two patches now, I’m sitting waiting up to a minute each time I talk to someone.

I first had it installed on an SSD, and to check I had the task manager on my second screen checking the harddrive activity whilst loading. Whilst waiting it was a few seconds in the beginning with some load, and then the harddrive more or less idled for 30-40 seconds. The last 5 seconds or so was when some read activity could be seen.

I’ve also now tried moving the install location to my M.2 drive, but it’s the same issue.

And i’ve also noticed now that I can’t save games at all anymore. When doing it manually and the autosave after sleeping, just seems to freeze the game. The spinning icon in the bottom right is still turning, but nothing happens. (As of writing this, the game hasn’t loaded in over 10 minutes)

EDIT:
I first thought it was unrelated, but after reading the comments here I can also confirm that I’m playing the Sassau monestary quest when this happened.

Well… good to see i’m not alone , had try to lower the gfx settings , seems hopeless , keep loading in the abyss (21 minutes to be honest lol) hope it’s going to be patched , because the actual situation point is -> [=> no more adventure’s <=] unless if you like to fight loading screen ^^’

1 Like

exactly same! around 24 hours in, during the monastery quest. (SPOILERS) I have an autosave where you bring the guy that tried to kill you to the overseer and later go to catch zmora(i think). I played it over so many times because I keep having to reload after quitting a loading screen that I noticed a bug in the quest. If you go to catch zmora too quick, ie sprinting with your horse, he wont be there. go too slow and he wont be there. gotta be there at a precise moment…

Same issue here. After killing zmora i’m not able to save any more.

1 Like

That is exatly the same for me. asfter killing him i cant save anymore.

It is 100% the exact same situation I was in. Reloaded with the conversation with the overseer so many times trying different things to see if it would change. I guess there’s something with that quest that messes up the game.

1 Like

good qyestion wether it is the quest or too many temp files or some such for having played for x hours

Can’t be hours. I’ve restarted the game, the PC, everything so many times that all I did in that seesion was do the quest and then attempt to sleep and get stuck.

with hours i mean total hours, not session time

My bad. Doubt it still though. I had like 12 hours in the game when it happend. I have brothers who’ve gone way above 12 hours.

Alright, after playing for a few more hours (without doing the sassau monastery quest- i loaded back and avoided it) i found out that it IS linked to that quest. I have not have any other long loading screens since. That quest need to be fixed

Same problem here, showed up after doing this same quest. Looks like that quest is for skipping. Shame too, I liked it and the reward is good, but these loads are making the game totally unplayable.

Definitely appears to be related to this part of The House of God quest. Loading earlier save seems to have fixed it… just have to replay a few hours now

Sadly i deleted all my saves because I initially thought that perhaps I was holding onto too many saves and it was causing the game to slow down. The broken one is all I have…

1 Like