How about a Deal?

So as we are all happily aware, KC:D is slated to release the day before Valentines next year. I’m happy. In fact, I cried tears of jot when I watched the new video.

So, let’s talk.

As we know, the release is 8 months away. That’s a bit of a wait, and all we have is an unoptimized BETA that won’t be updated. But we do have another BETA…

You see, what I propose is we are given the Developer BETA that Tobi played on YouTube. It wouldn’t be a spoiler, we’d have a new BETA, and we have two we can play until the game releases. I mean there is only so much you can do in a BETA probably played to death by now. Now I know this might seem redundant, so let me finish.

The Developer BETA Tobi played is, as he said, the first quest of the game. This would give us a chance to understand Henry better before we get the full thing. Think of it like an appetizer before the entree. I can understand that you, being Warhorse, would be reluctant, probably even fully against this idea, but it would serve to help you in my opinion. It would a fresh new BETA to beat to death, YouTubers could make videos on it, and you’d get far more publicity. Now I’m well aware Warhorse will not update the current BETA we have. I respect that. They’re putting their time into the finished product. But at least give us a new toy to play with.

I’ll also add that while I can wait 8 more months, I mean I’ve waited 14 years already, so it’s not much to wait 8 more months, not everyone is as patient as I am nor am I everyone. People lose interest fast. You, as game developers, know this all too well, so you know I’m not wrong, but I also understand you’d be reluctant to give out something new when you have only 8 months to fully finish.

Just my opinion though. I’m sure there are those who agree with me and others who think I’m asking too much. I feel the same, but with a release date locked in, it’d be a good move to have more people wanting the game.

So, let’s talk.

2 Likes

I would like demo for game. Beta you are talking about is technical version of game, I wouldn’t call it beta but developer’s cut.

I guess I’m one of those against. As sayvvym said, what they have played is more of a dev’s cut. I think this would lead some of their valuable resources away from main product (you have to deny access to unwanted areas for player etc). But in case they have capacity for it, why not?

i have a better deal. reneg on the simultanous platform release, get the pc out the door 5 months in advance and watch the salt mines unfold. yes i am a sadist.

5 Likes

This. I would love this
change the title so it gets more views tho
How about a deal dosent attract a lot of attention

1 Like

I have a better deal: Release the game now!

You would be the first to complain that some quests can´t be finished and your lip-sync doesn´t look as good as in real life… so yeah… nope

1 Like

Pán Vávra said that the game is finished. So, they’re only polishing.

@savvym Updated or brand new?

@RailBalco I believe Tobi said that their technical BETA ended right after you completed the sword quest and it was all just unfinished cutscenes afterwords.

@213 A pure fucking madman you are. Why not four months? Six?

@fang3412 What do you think would be better? That was as good a title as I could come up with at the time.

@Mundhalai-khan I would agree for backers only though. A worldwide release right now? What do they still need to polish that would take eight months?

@Tsunamik Clothes clipping bug anyone?

Good idea. Though Warhorse won’t listen.

Yeah, I think he truly said something like that (lazy to look for it), but I dont think that their internal technical Beta was isolated piece of code and assets and that is what I think will be problem.

1 Like

Warhorse won’t listen.

That was the whole point of this is to strike a deal with Warhorse. We’ve backed them, we gave out our money, we stood by them, and so now that the game lies eight months away, the backers should get something for their patience. If not a new BETA or updated old, then at least our items such as the t-shirts, hats, the collectible model, coins, dice, etc. I feel that while we love Warhorse and their vision, not all people are patient like me. I can wait eight months, but I think everyone feels kinda betrayed with how Warhorse has been all quiet these last few months. I know you have, with wanting a refund.

In short, Warhorse, how about a deal? Talk with us. Let’s find something we can agree on, like maybe we backers get the game early by a few days before release, even the day before would be good. Or we can have our extra items. Just something so we know that we’re not getting fucked in the ass despite everything these last few years.

I think it would be great for backers to give them demo, if they made it.

You are right, the Build Tobi will show on the E3 is not an isolated one, it is not just the first level.
We would have to cut it out to prevent that people will get the developer version of the whole game.
And if you cut things out, you break things, and if you break things, you have to fix them. And this is a lot of work. That is the whole reason, why the Beta was not updated for a long time. This is simply not an option, even for “just the first quest of the Game”.
Our first priority goal is to have the game finished as good as possible.