How do i get the launcher?

i have a soilder teir pledge and i have recive a email to play beta today . however in profile page i cant find a link for launcher or a steam code . what should i do ?

@fight4ccp,
welcome to our forum. Thank you for support.

Sorry, but there is a misunderstanding.
If you have knight tier or higer, you get access to the beta.
With soldier you get (only) the full game. You have to wait some months.

1 Like

Hello, I bought the baron tier and don´t see the link to download the launcher. I just see the steam key.

Hello @Schatz

If you are an “old” backer, you have a steam code.
Activate the code in Steam, and have fun. :smile:

1 Like

Hello and can i Have a question on launcher too? I had a Steam update from alpha to Beta. But i am buying SSD disk and after that i want to instal Kingdom Come to SSD. Can i find somewhere link to download launcher and instal game without Steam? Thank you.

Hello @Docik

Sorry there is no choose (for the beta). It´s an either …or…

“Old” backers have Steam.
The new one and Knights (from Kickstarter) have the downloader.

For the final game is nothing fix… :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

ok thank you… i try somehow to install it by steam out of steam directory…

i am a old backer . i backed this game when it just annonced , one of my friend that work in cryteck ask me to back it .

Look in your profile. Is there a steam code or the downloader. Looks like we run out of codes anyway…

I don´t like to use steam and I will not install it. Is it possible to get the launcher without buying the game “new”? I already wrote a mail.

So the old backers, who started this whole thing get screwed over? i dont want to use steam, the kickstarter said nothign about needing to use steam. Why are new backers getting more than the rest of us, i want my non-steam version.

Actually that makes no sense, my email FROM KICKSTARTER states:

Please register on our website with your Kickstarter email Go to your profile Click on the Warhorse Launcher link to download it Install the Warhorse Launcher Enter your login and password Download the Beta Play the Beta :slight_smile:

If your saying kickstarter backers dont get access to the launcher, why does this email clearly state taht i do.

No one is getting ‘more’ than anyone else; people who backed with a level including alpha access get Steam keys, while everyone else gets the launcher instead (apparently because Steam are refusing to issue any more keys). I asked in another thread if I could use the launcher instead of my (unused) Steam key, and one of the devs told me they’re looking into a solution, but can’t promise anything.

1 Like

I can understand them running out of steam keys, but if the launcher is controlled by them, and everyone else has access to it, surely they should allow everyone who is eligble to access it.

Also, as i pointed out the instructions given to kickstarter backers specificly tells you to download the launcher, if they never intended kickstarter backers to have access to the launcher, why did the kickstarter backers recieve instructions to download it? were they jsut trolling us?

I’m guessing they don’t want to give people more than one copy at once, so they’d have to find a way to cancel the Steam key before giving you access to the launcher. I do sympathise - I don’t want to use Steam either - but we’ll just have to be patient for a while and hope they find a solution.

As for the email, that only applies to new backers or to Kickstarter backers who didn’t have alpha access (i.e. the Knight tier). Since you have the Baron title, I’m guessing they already issued you a Steam code for the alpha, and you just didn’t realise it.

1 Like

In the past when devleopers have their own release method, as well as steam, ive been given both. Since im using the same email to access both games, im the only one using it. Theyve already given me a steam key yes, but the launcher is seperate, everyone should have access to that, the steam keys are just a bonus to the original backers. If i want to run it via the launcher, i should beable to, after all, thats what i paid for, and i intend to get what i paid for. I just wish i could get some feedback from someone in the know.

The steam release isnt even the same version as the launcher version, im not sure what the difference is, but if the launcher is getting updates that the steam releases isnt, thats another concern.

Too many times ive backed a project on kickstarter, only to be screwed over when they dotn deliver on what they promised. Im not askign for anything mroe than what was advertised, if they email me telling me i have access to the launcher version of the game, then thats what i should get, if they provide me wit ha steam key too, thats a bonus, but i should be given the choice.

Because we don´t have enough steamcodes for the Knights anymore. And Knights are also Kickstarter Backers. Everyone who had a profile on our Homepage before Beta release and was a Baron backer and above does have a Steam key, everyone who is a Knight or who don´t had a Profile on our Homepage before Beta release received the Launcher.

Yes, the Launcher is made by us, not by steam and we have control over it. And we are working on a solution for people who prefer the launcher instead of steam. But we have more important issues right now, people who are not able to get access to the game at all, and we will work on this issue first before we are able to provide the service to people who prefer to have other download option then Steam.

2 Likes

I would like to point out that I am not able to play the game since the alpha, because it was only provided by steam, although I bought the tier (baron special edition).

What are the plans for the final? Is there only the steam client on the cd? If yes, can I make my purchase undone?
I hate steam seriously and I will not install this crapware. If I had known it, I would not have bought the game.

Final release is not completely sorted out.
But there will be Digital version (maybe steam, maybe WH downloader, maybe both) and Physical version.

Continuing the discussion from How do i get the launcher?:

Hello there i have a knight tier and should be able to access the beta but I cant find the installer in my profile. There is just some information to complete and thats it. What am i doing wrong ?

ps: and yes i registered with my kickstarter e-mail.

i have checked … no .
i was backed this in end of 2013 or early of 2014 .