How do you beat Runt

Hi, I had the game preordered and I’ve really enjoyed myself so far, already got to the part where you raid the Bandits/Cumans Camp, but it’s here where my problem is.
How in the world are you supposed to beat runt, I entered the fight with almost full health and after one hour of continuous attempts the closest I got to killing him was taking off about 1/4 of his health bar, no matter what I do I just keep getting shit on.
Any ideas?

1 Like

I used a bow, ran round and fired fully (or nearly fully) charged shots into his head, he went down after three

1 Like

I’ll try that, pretty sure that’s not what they envisioned lol

1 Like

Lol probs not but I kept getting slaughtered also so hey ho

Poisoning your weapon could help.

And if you use a mace instad of a sword you have not go for his weakspot.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAH Im crying it actually worked thanks lol

No worries friend, he was kicking my ass until i laced him with arrows

1 Like

There is no way that should have worked. Lol!!
This fight needs to be nerfed badly, and it physically pains me to say that. I spent three hours trying to beat this clown. I never got him below 1/4 health. I was getting frustrated until I read this “arrow hack”, beat him first time.

Game creates a set of rules and then throws them out the window in the name of challenge. Trust me, this beauty is challenging enough. That’s why I’m loving it. But runt was so over powered it was ridiculous. He can parry my riposte, and when he does get staggered; he staggers ten feet away and when you get to him he has recovered. His 5-8 hit combinations are brutal and I lost health (large chunks) with full stamina. I was not bleeding or injured. I parried him, and reposted; he instantly recovered after I poked him (stabs were the only thing I could land) and unleashed a devistating combo that took me from 96 health and killed me.

Don’t nerf him to the point of him just standing there taking every hit you dish out, but make him loose more health, something!!

4 Likes

Lol quite proud of myself for finding that arrow technique haha

1 Like

Did you have mace?
Or did you aim on his head with sword?
Were you in plate/mail armor with proper protection?:slight_smile:
This guys is badass, but not impossible if you are well geared.

1 Like

Ive hit him with the sword on the head and parried almost everything… but he just wont die and kills me with attacks i cant block :frowning:

BTW he killed me in about 2-3 blows … i am in full plate and mail

Where do you guys see a health bar? Wtf

PS: It has one good thing… after fighting runt for about 1-2h i am now a master at blocking :wink:

2 Likes

Best training of your life huh? :smiley:

2 Likes

I also had to use this bow method… And I have to say, the cutsceene after made me look a bit better then what really happend…

4 Likes

I’m having some serious problems with this fight, How come he can just grab/push me away as soon as i start landing a combo?! Its ridiculous! Seems like 90% of the npc’s have unlimited stamina and the whole logic behind the fights is just thrown out the window!

Why can they swing 5 times and still have the stamina to block every one of my strikes? - its infuriating.

The combat, i have said multiple times to anyone who asks me, is the best AND the worst part of the game.

1 Like

I couldn’t do it because my archery skills aren’t good enough to take them out… and I have no idea where they are to sabotage before hand.

Basically… I’m not good enough nor have good enough items yet. But I have like 10 other quests I can do to rank up first.

So maybe you’re just not ready yet… You get into the quest pretty early on I found :joy:

Edit; I get to the bit where you have to defend against some more men just outside a gate… but the archers get me. If anyone knows where the bows are to sabotage let me know lol.

You mean the ones on the hill? I got stuck there too before i realized you could burn the hay for cover!

Update on Runt - Another Bow and running around abuser for the sake of getting damn past him!

1 Like

Just perfect block his attacks and counter with a cut/thrust of your own. Don’t attack him - let him come to you.

Also, if you have the treasures of the past DLC then go get that full set of plate beforehand

4 Likes

Haha had the same problem, then i used my bow and 2 shot him… so bring your bows to a swordfight friends!

1 Like

I’m struggling to even get past the camp but , after you’ve killed the Cuman Captain how did you progress from there because I just get killed by the archers

Don’t be too proud, I found it as well :wink:

Died four times when trying to kill him in melee (I only had one third of my HPs left due to some ugly backstabs in the battle), so I just equipped freshly looted platearmour, started to run in circles and peppered his head with arrows :sweat_smile: