How do you beat Runt

Knockout perk worked for me, i play defensively so parry head shot… KD… stab to heart done, 5 min

Block, run, Aim for his head. The point of this fight is to teach you about weakpoints. The guy’s a tank and is armoured to his neck. But above that is all soft flesh, attack it.

I say don’t nerf runt at all, I say buff him so that he charge down people trying to cheese him with a bow and arrows. The battle should be easy enough as long as you’ve practiced combat and done some side quests

1 Like

1 minute, maybe 3 strikes and Runt is dead… Pretty easy.

I had decent bow skill because I hunted a bit a single arrow to the head at the start killed him.

This is what I did

Easy, do it Iron Mike style https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232274009

I beat him in 3 hits unfortunately.

I want to suck on your toes for this Jesus Christ Be Praised

Meh, I beat him on my 7th try. I found out I can hit him while he’s mid-swing and he would get interrupted. It wasn’t at all a glorious fight for me, I’d say it was cheap… wish I learned the mechanics more before I set food in there.

One time I killed him with the logsword with one riposte. Unluckily there was no save after the cut scenes. So I had to do it again. I got no chance to hurt him with a sword. Then I changed to a spiked Hammer which I hadnt used before and it was that easy. There was no techniques needed. I just striked at him a few times and that was it.

For me it came down to the last hit. We hit each other and both died… Except my “Last Gasp” Perk proc’d and I won. Honestly when it went to the cut scene I thought I had lost.

I agree dude. The quest design on Baptism of fire is bullshit. Henry is a fucking peasant with a 2-3 weeks fight experience or maybe less depending how you play (Lets says you talk more, good luck talking out your way through that quest) and suddenly the game makes decision for you where Henry is like, “Oh yea this f***ker is mine i want my sword back!” No you idiot Henry, i am playing the game, let me choose how to handle that quest, you can’t kill two cumans alone and suddenly you want to go after a leader that wrecked you with one 2 hits weeks ago, I thought we were free to finish any quest any way we want and suddenly we are forced to an unrealistic fight.

1 Like

I put two arrows in his head and he went down.

Exactly my thoughts. Sure “I” hated Runt, but leading an army to his door was (IMHO) enough to get my revenge. I (as a roleplayer) wouldn’t have needed to fight him personally.
Can’t wait to meet Markvart … another pointless fight I presume. Because as far as I am concerned he doesn’t deserve to die. He’s a soldier, nothing more. He did what he was tasked to do. Was it evil? Yep. But it wasn’t for him to decide. So it shouldn’t be for me to judge him. At least this time I know to suspend my roleplaying and just level up my peasant to be killer. Too bad, since I would really have liked to play this game as a talker, not a fighter.

3 Likes

I LITERALLY one shotted him last night after reading about the difficulty. Went into this with Warfare defense sword etc around 16 and I had to reload the save to actually land a combo because I kept killing him in one hit

My experience precisely

Some people are complaining too easy, some too hard. Some people have to resort to cheesy tactics, some oneshot him.

It all comes down to your level going in. Master strokes proc based on yours and your opponent’s relative ranks so “just repost and hit him in the head” doesnt help. When i first fought him i parried a very large number of attacks with no master strokes and no successful ripostes, and he got a perfect block and master stroke on every single attack I put out. This was not because im bad at the game, but just because I hadnt prepared properly.

That is my overall takeaway from reading this thread.

Just 1 hit kill him. A proper bow with better piercing arrows soaked in bane. 1 hit kill to the head.

2 Likes

Master this, reposte that, combo whatever I am not sure I even unlocked doing that.

The game is too heavily based on stats. I picked flowers to get a bailiffs mace which enabled me to kills pretty much everything even though I still havent really figured out the combat system beyond chaining strikes. The new mace enabled me to kill every bandit I saw on my travels. The high carry capacity, the chest cheesing and the fact that your horse can always carry you no matter how overburdened enabled me to easily move my loot to the traders where I just bought the best armour and after that the rest was just hack and slay in godmode. Including runt who was a one hit. A lucky one but a one hit still.

To the people here who say train in the arena, all you do is increase your stats and with high stats you can just beat everybody, it is not that your playerskill improved that much.

To quote from above: Before going into the battle I spent 2-3 rl hours in the arena with Bernard training two handed sword because I wanted to be good at the combat system, I aquired a very good sword (sword of herodes) and a good (but not “op”) Armor and that is all you really need. When I went into the fight I had very good stats because of all the arena training ( strength 14 or 15, combat 15, defense 16 and sword 16) "