How do you beat Runt

:stuck_out_tongue: With Swordfighting level of about 14, 15 and the herod’s sword plus a heavy shield. Ran around, threw a few attacks but runt dodged them. Then I won him over a clinch, 2 Slashes to head and he drops…

Spend an hour or more weapon training with Bernard.

I killed Runt on my first try with two quick stabs to the face with my small sword. He never touched me once, fastest “boss fight” ever. i wasnt sure if i should be proud that i had prepared Henry so well or if i should be dissapointed that the boss fight was so easy.

Early in the game i was very frustrated that the combat was impossibly difficult, but it was supposed to be. You cant just pick up a sword and instantly be compitent, you have to spend time training, the more time you invest the better you will become.

I stabbed him once in the face and he bit the dust, I simply did every side I could before main beucase I wanted to keep main story as long as possible.

Easy fight if you have herod sword and a reasonable level. I killed him in 1 strike in the face like a samurai, parried and strike. Battle took less than 5 secs.

1 Like

Same for me, was really disappointing.

How do you beat Runt? Too easily thats how

2 Likes

With a mace…to the face! lol

1 Like

Unfortunately I also had to resort to the Bow-method. I didn’t have proper equipment or high enough stats (strength 6, for example). As much as I like this game, I totally blame it for that situation.

SPOILERS (for Trial by Fire) AHEAD:

The moment you get the quest for Neuhof, the game heavily emphasizes how important and time critical that mission is. So it basically throws you from “come with us”, to “investigate for us” to “spy for us” to “fight for us”. From pure game mechanics, there are a few circumstances where you could take your sweet time and train, do side quests, etc. (hell, you could probably leave the moment your enter Neuhof and come back weeks later and the quest would still sit in the same state). But from a role playing perspective (and Kingdom Come is still a RPG), that would not sit well with me.

IMHO they should have given you some hints on whether you are fit for that mission. You regularly speak to seasoned warriors … Radzig, Bernard, …
Why couldn’t any of those, at appropriate moments (for example before you prepare for battle?) hint to you that you don’t look fit for battle if your stats aren’t high enough? That would be totally in role and wouldn’t break the game mechanics (I mean, you could still insist on fighting anyway).

In short: the quest design pushes you to that fight early on while the game mechanics expect you to take your time and train first. A pity.

1 Like

Maces. That’s your fix for the non-problem.
Stop using swords for anything other than enemies with light/no armor. Runt was challenging, but do-able on the first try with a mace.

1 Like

They, at no point expected you to solve a bandit raid and the consequent murder in a matter of days. Such things take time. Enough time for you to include some combat lessons.

I had no problem training from time to time, while I solved the mystery.
I would argue it was you who forced it upon yourself to solve this case the moment you had the quest and tunnel-visioned on it.

1 Like

runt is good at blocks and ripostes, so you should feint low and attack high on his unarmored head. i killed him after hitting him in the head with a warhammer

1 Like

I have a decent sword level and had no luck (Level 11)

I switched to my Mace (Level 2) and killed him instantly to the head when he first rushes at you

Thats a good example for using the right tool for the right job. Swords did little against heavily armoured opponents. You could technically do the same with the sword. If you hit his unarmoured head he goes down pretty fast with the sword also. With a mace on the other hand you do not need to concentrate on that weakspot(head). :smile:

1 Like

I stabbed him in the head three times with a shortsword; he went down in less than 30 seconds. The fight felt pretty easy

I was so disappointed that I beat him within first 10 seconds of the fight… I’ve been waiting for this challenge for so long, preparing, and all it took me - one riposte (the one with a long sword when you hit opponent’s face three times with a pommel). Such a shame… Probably will load that moment again today and replay it.

I wasn’t trained well enough, nor equipped, when I fought with Runt. But I did it witcher style - I buffed myself with few potions (more stamina, more strenght) and I covered sword with most powerful poison available. I was surprised how well it worked.

Maybe I missed something, but in my memory it was:

• “There was a raid, follow us” (you had to follow, otherwise that quest failed)
  • The scenery to be investigated was a fresh crime --> no time to lose (RPG-wise)
  • Someone fled the scene … the longer you wait, the farther he could go
  • The one he leads you to is dead, so someone is cleaning up (again: RPG-wise this means you have no time to lose or your trail gets cold)
  • Once you find the last one he tells you about the camp.
  • Radzig asks you to investigate (so far that does not indicate the need to fight)
  • After investigating he asks you to tell Divish. Still no indication of a fight.
  • He asks you to show him the way (again: not to fight on the frontline)

After that it’s too late. Once you are in, you are in. That’s what I meant. There were enough opportunities to indicate that you MIGHT have to be prepared. Since that quest started early on and I was just a stupid peasant I fully expected it to be no less than what they said: spy and show the way. Not fight on the front. (hell, even fight a “boss”. But that Radzig couldn’t have known.)

i fought runt when i was much lower in stats. strenght 4 and sword 4 or so. heard about the arrow hack but i think it will be a much easier fight when i go back now ive got strenght and sword up to 7 and agility around 6. also i hadnt unlocked master strikes and combos yet. looking forward to the rematch. might posion my weapon too haha

Literally signed up to post this… I just one tapped him the head with a bow

1 Like

Something tells me you’re supposed to take note of the fact his head is unarmored =)

1 Like