How do you start the Hare Hunt side quest?

I was halfway through the side quest before I had some issues and had to revert to an older save. How do you start the quest because I can’t remember what triggered it? The quest involves speaking to the Talmburg Huntsman.

Maybe you mean the beggars feast quest in Rattay? You’re asked to get 90 pieces of rabbit meat? You have to talk to specific skalitz refugee after completing the hunt with Hans and dealing with neuhneuholf if I remember right

You get it from the Talmburg Huntsman south of the castle.

That’s not it. The one I’m talking about involves the Talmburg Huntsman.

I assumed so too, but apparently he’s part of the quest but not the trigger. Well, at least I don’t think he is seeming as I don’t have an option to start a quest with him.

Strange… He triggered it for me.

Were you at a certain point in the story? Do you remember the side quest appearing after a certain mission, or did you just go up to him and the side quest became available?

It was right after I escaped Talmburg before going to bury my parents I think.

Oh, interesting. Do side quests disappear if you get too far in the story?

I have no idea, but wouldn’t be surprised.

I’ve been wondering about this too. Does anyone know about this quest’s prerequisites? I was able to start it in my first playline (and finished it via the Cherchez la Femme route, etc.) but now I’ve restarted the game and can’t trigger it. Last time, I just talked to Nicholas. Now, the only options with him are trade and training. I’ve finished the Delicacies and Beggars’ Feast quests (although Beggars’ Feast was a lot shorter this time than I remembered from before - two orders and then Alex said it was enough). I also finished “Skin” for the Talmberg tanner. My hunting is at 16, so that’s not likely to be a limiting factor either. Does one need to reach a certain place in the main quest line before this quest appears?

I started it just before heading to Merhojed for the main quest. Got the tip about it from the innkeeper. I’ve noticed most sidequest availability is based on reputation, wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case with Hare Hunt too. You can see if there are any sidequests available at the moment in a town by looking at the map - there will be an orange star over the innkeeper if so, labeled “Quest Tipster”.

That might be it. Last time, it was after Pribislavitz, which if I remember right raises reputation in Talbberg? I’ll experiment some more and report back.

If anybody has an answer I would appreciate it. The huntsman will not give me the quest. My reputation is 100 Guards, 100 villagers, and 50 quarry men. I am pretty well into the game - lots of side quests - but not far into the main quest.

The Hare Hunt Quest is available after you complete the Battle of Prizbyslavitz. Anytime before the battle won’t trigger it.

1 Like

Thanks. Appreciate the quick response.

I done battle quest is not still available.

Perhaps there are secondary conditions such as hunting skill and/or hunting quests. I’ve done them all beforehand both times I did Hare Hunt and my hunting skill was pretty high (above 15), so it’s hard to know exactly.

I have bow and hunting both 20.

What about Delicacies, Beggars’ Feast (and possibly Skin)? If the quest is still not available (by talking to Nicholas - that’s what I did) after that, then it looks like a bug.