How many times have you started KCD over?

I played KCD on launch day just enough to get familiar with the control schemes. Then I decided to start over.

Lockpicking became a problem, although I kind of preferred the old method as opposed to the updated version. But once update 1.3 launched, I started over.

Since 1.3 I’ve played 20 hours. And I thoroughly enjoy it. But tonight I decided to put the game down since update 1.34 will be out adding back random encounters and miscellaneous bug fixes. I’m tempted to play it, but I know that I’ll probably stupidly start KCD over again with patch 1.4.

Just curious how many others of you are in the same predicament.

Such a fabulous game IMO. And I kind of don’t mind replaying things. But I don’t want to keep restarting and lose interest.

1 Like

I started over three times just to get bandit jack and then found out it was removed😢

2 times. First time I focus on the main story. Sec time I am try to max everything before I start with the bandit camp.

Twice(PC)… finished game on the second run did not do any of the side quest to minimize the bugs want to know how the ending went. I’m now waiting for a proper patch so that i have a go at the side quests as well.

Four times.

Probably one of my least favorite things about the game, I keep starting over when things get better. I feel like I’m beta testing.

1 Like

Didn’t count. but more than six times before I joined this forum and discovered I wasn’t alone with the R2 problem and many other infuriating bugs! Love the damn game though. got rid of and waiting to upgrade to master race PC before trying again !

1 Like

Same here. If Warhorse pushed the release date out a couple months I’m sure they wouldn’t have had most the bugs tested out. But I am still enjoying the game as is regardleas. It can only get better.

Once.
For my 2nd playthrough

Two times.
Finished the whole game in first run.
Then wanted to start a second one, but patch removed random encounters. I abandoned that one and will start a third one next week when new patch comes out to fix random encounters. Although now I’m worried that it will mess something else up - so glad that I at least finished the game (strugling trough the bugs) once before that patch came out.

On my second. I had gone quite far down the main quest and all of a sudden I started finding side quests, many of which seemed odd given where Henry was in that play through. I restarted a “poor Henry” play through with the idea of not really getting into the main until most of the side quests and activities were done. Feels much more natural.

1 Like

So you played sidequests before the campaign? That’s interesting. Maybe I’ll try that sometime.

1 Like

Four times. The first three times I made it past the monastery and the never ending updates to go eat and pray drove me crazy, so I started over.

Oh, except the first time… had a corrupt save that destroyed all my saves that time.

I am doing something similar with my 2nd gameplay. I am palying as Henry would be behave in real life. If one side quest lead me to another, then I continue with it. When I was playing yesterday and chose a wrong path, Henry didn´t know that, so I continued. This Henry doesn´t magically know about great oportunities. He is living the life and responding to the conversations ect… So no hunting and stealing during night just for profit. (But sometimes I need to make compromises - like buying a horse in Neuhof :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Only once yet, already finished the game and I have 90% of trophies.
So, I need minimum an another gameplay (for platina), but now I am waiting for the final patch.

The final patch? … So you plan on waiting for 2 more years or so to play the game again? :rofl:

Haha, that’s great! That’s usually the way I play Bethesda games and the Witcher. That’s probably how I’ll end up playing once 1.4 is released.

I hope it isn’t 2 years! Although I do hope they will support the game and add stuff that far out. But that’s what modders are for I guess :slight_smile:

The 1.4 patch will be out soon, but that won’t be the “final patch”.

1 Like

Sure, why not? I like to play my older games too. I think there will some DLCs so far… more trophies!
I made to Platina my Dragon Age: Inqusition couple months ago. That game already ~4 years old, and? I’m just love it.

Nothing wrong with playing great older games, but that wasn’t the point I was trying to make, but maybe I missed your point as well?.. You love your trophies, but I couldn’t care less about trophies. Anyway, it’s all about each of us having the best fun possible, while suiting our styles of gameplay. Now let’s go have some fun!

2 Likes