Hussite Wars Mod

Here is the first draft of the Concept Design document detailing all of the planned features and changes for this mod. If you wish to give feedback or contribute to this project, please join our Discord server!

01.0 Hussite Wars Mod - Concept Design (Google Docs)

There are a few better ones!

Maybe you can give some links or information who, where, etc.?

Hi @rataj,

Of course there are better, but few and far between.

It is possible to add new maps and fast travel between maps, a completely new main quest, new NPCs with inventory template definitions, etc.

Here is an example of a quick map someone made recently.

The Seven Kingdoms team is showing good progress on new environment art for their map as well, and having used the CE terrain tools in the past it is pretty easy to make a massive map, doing the detailed level design for villages is arguably much more time intensive, but doable.

2 Likes

this looks promising. Have wanted crossbows for a long time, cant wait to blast civilians with them!

1 Like

@nopinkcreations I can’t promise anything, there are some very real technical challenges, but I’ll try my best!

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can Someone Explain to me a Detailed Guide on how I can edit the House of Zoul Armour

Best wishes on your endavour. This looks really amazing. Very interested and looking forward to your mod.

2 Likes

I was kind of hoping we’d get to play Henry as he would be about 28 or so by that time, if he was 16. I think I see somewhere where he is about 16. Maybe 17 or 18. So, he’d be a man full grown and in prime of his life, so you’d think he’d participate. Although sadly, Radzig dies in the time frame you are talking about, I think.

1 Like

@Gilmer I am assuming you are referring to the narrative story concept? I did consider something like that originally, however I don’t think Henry’s story is mine to tell, almost like Rian Johnson… err… nevermind… anyway… I believe continuing that story isn’t the right thing for a mod to do, and I would like to tell a different story, but in a similar context to the original. It is very possible to bring some of the characters from KCD into it, especially the historical ones, but I wouldn’t want to step on WH’s vision. I believe it was Hans Capon who died during the Hussite Wars, but I do believe Radzig Kobyla was killed in 1416 some time after the death of Jan Hus.

2 Likes

Oops. You’re right. It wouldn’t be right.

What about have no manes going through the caparison or to add an optional file of no manes on horses through caparison only on player horses and to have white manes on white player horses (no browns, ginger, blonde, black manes: because these white player horses in real life should be having white manes because when they grey horses get older the lighter they are).

Another suggestion is to remove the mane on horse full caparison

Thisis part about Hussite War mod.
Please, do not use it for unrealated mod suggestion.
Made your own (topic or mod).

Speaking of the mod… nice scrossbow!
I just noticed - isn’t the rope holding the bow a little bit too thin?

1 Like

You mean like this .

1 Like

At least thick like this yes.
It is too early for metal bow in my opinion, so I would look at composite/wooden examples

2 Likes

I agree, the string could be thicker. I have been working on learning how to import animated bows so I haven’t really had time to go back and work on the crossbow model.

The concept I posted was based on a replica of a 15th century munitions grade bow with composite limb, however I will note that steel crossbows were in heavy use in early 15th century Europe, as they were much cheaper than composite, required less maintainance, were more reliable than either wood or composite limbs. Composite from my understanding were almost soley reserved (and prohibitively expensive) to nobility, usually for hunting, and would probably not have been seen on the battlefield.

It was common at 15th century in Europe, but what I know it became common in Bohemia only at 16th century.
I guess that there were not yet manufacturers who could do that so they created them in the old way (composite/wooden).

Also “composite” is relatively wide term. It could be layers of wood or horn and wood or some exotic materials (I heard about whalebone f.e.). The cost of those could wary a lot (though it would still be less realiable and effective, and/or more costly than the steel).

@Wenceslaus do you have any references for steel crossbows only becoming popular in Bohemia in the 16thC by any chance? I have actually had a really hard time finding any good references for crossbows in Bohemia in the early 15thC. The only examples that still exist in museams were made for nobility and I cannot determine exactly what design of crossbow (or spanning devices for that matter) would have been used by soldiers or common people, such as the Hussite revolutionaries.

You are absolutely correct about composite limbs actually including wooden varieties though, I guess I was referring to the more exotic ones which are typically referenced.

Are you already on our Discord btw?

Yes I’m on this mod Discord (though under different name and I’m not really active).

I do not have anything but some articles on pages that focus on Hussites and they are in Czech. I will try to find something more oficial.