I seriously can't kill anything in this game

Yeah, I’m just going to have to keep trying. I love the game, hate the combat.

2 Likes

the game kinda reminds me in my childhood gaming times, when I needed weeks to kill a single boss. And all the theories by your friends how it could work, and you never gave up… yeah cool times with extreme frustration resistance. Lets come back to this style of gaming ^^

6 Likes

Also, learn to love the thrust.

Make sure you have the correct strength/agility levels needed to use your sword. Also make sure stamina is fully regenerated when you strike enemy’s. There’s a bug where captain Bernard gets stuck at neuhof and there’s no fix so I’d recommend training with him BEFORE you do the “the prey” quest with Hans capon. Without him you won’t be able to learn combos or master strikes (ripostes). Aim for the weak spots in enemy armour, and swords are pretty useless against plate armour but excellent against light armours. But just keep training your levels and eventually it’ll get easier.

okay that bug doesnt look to be present to all users, for me he returned. So befure dumping a save to come back to an earlier stage you should check if he returns.

I started a whole new game because he never left neuhof after in game weeks had passed and I wanted to experience using ripostes and combos. I tried everything to get him to go back to rattay, even pushed him the whole way on his horse using my horse. It didn’t work, the following day he returned to neuhof and it duplicated his horse leaving one in rattay and making a new one neuhof.

1 Like

The fighting is too easy if anything. What you are doing wrong, perhaps, is not that you aren’t winning every fight, it’s that you think you should. Unless you carefully learn the controls and practice a lot, why do you expect a poorly armed/armoured blacksmiths son to win against an experienced opponent? The problem isn’t that you are losing, it’s that you seem to insist that winning everything is necessary to enjoying a game. This is an unfortunate side effect of the cancer that is the AAA industry.

7 Likes

The RPG element to get better at a skill (combat in your situation) it’s a natural way to level up. If you want speech to level up just talk to everyone in town and talk, if you want combat to be Easyer level it up by swinging weapons around, if you want to run faster run a lot. It’s logical stuff man.

1 Like

I leveled strength (needed for combat too) by leveling herbalism with that one perk that connects the leveling of both. Worked well :>

3 Likes

What does Casual Gamer stands for? :stuck_out_tongue: It’s super simple, you’re son of blacksmith that doesn’t know anything ANYTHING about swordfight, you need to spend some time in game until you get it - just like in real life, nothing comes immediately.
In one of first missions you learn how to fight, its your fault that you didn’t pay attention to what your teacher said and/or you did not read anything about perks.

7 Likes

Try also to get a better armor. If your are survivng longer there are more chances for you to hit the enemy :wink:

Did you finish the Neuhof quest?

Let’s get one thing clear. You are not all about challenges :smiley: .

Jokes aside. I’m level 5 (I been taking my sweet time). haven’t lost a fight yet. One or two close calls tho.

The combat isn’t non-user friendly. The need to learn different techniques is probably not emphasized enough. I guess I didn’t need that as first thing I wanted to do was to become an Arthur Dayne ( Warhorse gimme my two handed swordsman you mutha fuckers) .so I was seaking this out amidst the first parts .

The issue if you can call it that is .

People start and are just out looking to have a wander around get lost abit , then run into banditos get fucked up and think ah this combat is too hard … Because the freedom is there to look around after first let’s say prologue they don’t necessarily hand hold you into learning to defend yourself .

So player start exploring not realising there is a need to do a certain degree of main quest before you are introduced to more combat experience and then are genuinly capable of handling yourself in the wild .

Just like in real life practice makes perfect.

You mean the ingame Codex an tutorials? Riiight…

Make sure you are using a weapon that fits your abilities too.

Just go to captain Bernard

Weve been at this point yet, but it looks like there is a bug that can keep Bernard at Neuhoff forever…

Google google google.

Everything you asked in this thread could have been answered via google. No manual needed. Plus ingame it has some escellent codex guides.

Yeah in this case you may be right, but I allways remind ppl, that the pointing at google could kill over 50% of conversation. Sometimes a Question that could be googled is asked to have a talk and go further into a topic than possible by researching on your own :wink:

1 Like