Ideas that you would like to be apart of this game

i wonder if they were/are hung up on idea that they need cutscene animations to do this. if so, too bad. buy steel from town trader, charcoal from charcoal burner (or someone else), buy weapon/armor template from artisan NPC, and pay the artisan to his use smithy. no cutscene animation. just have necessary items in inventory, pay artisan, and then select item to make. cut to black screen like bathhouse and viola… new armor/weapon

… just enable/commission item from artisan. select, pay, wait, receive

2 Likes

In a past video they showed a random event that unfortunately was removed. It was a wagon assaulted by bandits.
Maybe they will add it again in the future.

1 Like

I think they were planning for smithing to be a minigame like alchemy or sword-sharpening. Metal in the coals, work the bellows, tongs and hammer, quench bucket, etc. But the entire process of forging weapons and armor proved much more involved than they anticipated.

If they move away from that mindset for the mechanic, I’d personally be disappointed as an armorer myself, but I’d rather have some sort of mechanic than none at all.

3 Likes

agree, but would you prefer to have no customization / commissioning ability at all, or the ability but without the mechanic

2 Likes

There is a empty lot in sasau and it made me think that maybe there was a way that I could get a house. It would have been nice to have been able to gather the supply’s from traders or by doing quest in order to build one for yourself and then decorate it as well.

5 Likes

some sort of bedding that u can carry around, surely this would be needed for henry during this time period.

4 Likes

Maybe have it show up on your horse. You should be able to load that thing down like a mule lol. Looking like a pack rat🙂

1 Like

Also maybe some way to cook all food. Or not leaving the fire place after cooking one thing.

2 Likes

yea some real meals receipts would be cool (with effects, of course)

2 Likes

I would like to give alms to the Skaliz refugees. This really should be a thing👍

9 Likes

How bought a option for 3rd person while standing still for screenshots🙂
Or a zoom in option in the menu screen; both for items and Henry. So you can examine things a little better.

2 Likes

I think a great DLC would be to have an urban legend inside the game as maybe a side quest in which maybe there were werewolf sightings and maybe people would start to disappear. I don’t know, something like this would make the game a little spookier at night time when walking through the forest. And seeing how this game looks at the world through a realistic outlook, perhaps you can make the werewolf killings to be man-made or something.

6 Likes

Something like that could be really cool and it would make sense because of how superstitious people were

2 Likes

Repackage as medieval fairy tales and might have a chance

edit: come to think of it. game already has a fantasy quest (animals, woodcutters). creating a dream/fairy tale DLC wouldn’t be a stretch beyond what the game has already done (considering many of the regular easter eggs are allusions to fairy tales)

3 Likes

Legendary-type enemies, as in guys walking around in full plate armor with high level combat skills. Reason I give is, once you hit max level, there aren’t any enemies you can’t kill easily, not without switching to a weaker weapon, which makes all the high level equipment you’ve acquired kind of moot.

8 Likes

do you realize this an at least a 3 act game so this is act 1 & 2?

5 Likes

They’re selling act 3 as another game

1 Like

yup and looking forward to getting that Bestard Markvard and the Hungarian weasel and shoving my sword up them where the sun don’t shine in the next one!

2 Likes

love idea of legendary NPC. esp in context of NPC group leader

form a line… it’s an essence of Western combat from ancient Greece onwards (for reference even if a bit overdone is Victor Hanson Davis’ Carnage and Culture; same guy was a consultant to movie 300)

i want solid fighting as a line (team) AI. outflank and destroy. fragment enemy line. etc

it’s going to be hard to battle as Henry the mass murderer of nest of vipers, etc. but i don’t care. if WH needs to adjust for playability, fine. small groups? enhanced individual AI. larger groups esp soldiers/guards? team AI. these are areas in need of much improvement

if legendary NPC (leader) dies, have the team AI degrade (as loss of morale, tactics, whatever)

1 Like

I was thinking more along the lines wandering mercenaries or hedge knights, that you can challenge to duels one-on-one. As much as I like the game, the group combat is just so…meh.

Which brings me to my next suggestion: upgrades to group fighting movement. I always found the way Henry strafed and backpedaled to be a bit…slower than it should’ve been. I think that either the Light Armor perk or the Warfare skill/Agility attribute should enhance combat mobility. Like, say, the lighter your armor, the easier it is to maneuver around multiple enemies. It would be affected by your armor weight of course, but the trade off is maneuverability vs protection.

Or maybe that’s a bit unrealistic? I dunno.

3 Likes