Ingame Nudity ?!

Yeah but why??? There won’t be an option to turn visual violence off or swearing off. So why the option to turn nudity on or off?

12 Likes

Lord Crash: Yeah, we could have butterflies flying instead of blood xD

1 Like

nudity wouldn’t add anything to the game, so i don’t see the point. you’re going to run through streets naked so they have to program extra things for that? yeah…focus on more important things, please. but if it is in, don’t add parental controls. that’s just redundant in a mature rated game. the best parental control is the parent’s own judgment. "should i buy my 12 year old son a mature rated game featuring killing and nudity?’

2 Likes

Of course it would add to the game since the whole concept of the game is about believability and realism. So why excluding something like the natural portrayal of the human body in situations in which it makes sense (like while washing/taking a bath or while having sex)? Only Puritans could agree on that…

14 Likes

it shouldn’t be tacked on like every rated-r Hollywood movie have, caught a cheating spouse? raiding a whore-house? sneaking at your neighbor bathing to see if she uses human blood as soap?

A really mature game uses the natural portrayal of the human body where it is appropriated. :wink:

6 Likes

the most mature method of implementation is to do it matter of factly. don’t draw attention to it like “look how edgy we are, we have nudity”, some games have that problem.

interestingly enough that was my point as well ^_0

exactly, unless your in a whorehouse usually people back in those days try not give free views just for the fun of it,you know with the church and all.

I think the safest path for developers is to just leave it to the modders. If they make the game nice and modable then we should see things like that, and the developers don’t need to take the heat for it. (I personally would definitely streak around town if guards reacted to it :P).

Parents just aren’t ready to accept the fact that humans have bodies beneath their clothing, and they apparently want to shelter their kids from it (who of course ignore the rating and get the game for them anyways). Though I’m not sure what this accomplishes personally, sometimes it’s religion, or culture, or closed-mindedness. Either way it’s safest to remain neutral on things like this. Besides you wouldn’t want Warhorse Studios to take heat on their first game together, they just started! They need to come in with their hats on, show the world how a world without dragons ought to be. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Warhorse is a Czech dev and as good (eastern) Europeans they hopefully don’t give a fu… about being politically correct or something just to please the US institutions and media. We in Europe are quite ready for nude bodies, parents or not…

37 Likes

Yes, but how big is the market in Eastern Europe? As big as the Western and American markets? They are after all in a business industry, they do need to make money to remain so. I’m just saying, nudity is almost a guarantee if the game is as open to modding as they say it will be. Why take extra flak when they don’t need to?

1 Like

To follow any type of realism, I am sure people were caught in a sawed off barrel of a bath nude. I personally do not mind this if it was in the game. Adding to the game would be at the end users discretion as your choices in the game are to reflect to direction it is going. Good Idea and I am sure there are many more to come.

2 Likes

you know how it goes, the Americans will get the nudity censored, the Germans,UK,Australians will get the excessive violence censored, japan will get any mention of nuclear weapons censored and the rest of world will enjoy the full game.

19 Likes

I say go for it. It adds to realism and the immersion especially. I like to roleplay and having things like this possible would double my enjoyment of the game.

7 Likes

Because some people value creativity, vision and passion more than pure profit… With Kickstarter video game devs have the unique possiblity to decide on their own how they want to develop a game and which topics and content it shall contain - without a publisher telling them what to do. It’s the reason why CDPR still refuses to use any publisher. And hey, if CDPR can make successful games with nudity in why not also Warhorse?

6 Likes

Personally I am all for options, the Call of Duty series is a great example, they have an option to turn on or off disturbing content, and that was awesome it gave people the opportunity to still enjoy the game. To me if you going to go full blown and add full nudity to the game then just give the option it shouldn’t be that hard, that way more people can enjoy it. Or you can do the modding thing, leave it to the people who want nudity in the game to add it in. Unless it is going to be a core feature in the game for example how people perceive you, how you complete quests, and how you affect the story, then don’t include it or give people the choice.

You really compare a mass murderer scene in CoD to the natural portrayal of the human body??? You really want to call the human body “disturbing”?

I have no words for that tbh…

If modding should ever be used for anything like that than for cutting nudity out when you are too puritan for it but not for bringing it in.

2 Likes

Actually Czech are somewhat proud about not giving fuck about political correctness even within EU standards.

From the NPC customization video it looks like they go this way. Casually showing nude NPC in few frames and not mentioning it or trying to draw attention to it.

2 Likes

No I was using it as an example, they include an option, which also turns the swearing off, I wasn’t talking about the mass murdering thing. Dude chill. No I am not calling the human body disturbing. Seriously I am just suggesting to give people the options, hey I am all for including tools so I can take the nudity out of it, and honestly I done that for countless games but that doesn’t mean I didn’t like the game or I don’t support the developers I just wanted to enjoy the game without the nudity. Honestly chill bro, were all adults here.