Inverted Mouse - NOT Inverted Combat Wheel

Why isn’t the combat-star mouse movements inverted with the mouse-view? If I have the mouse inverted to view, and I use mouse up to look down, then why the hell am I using mouse UP to attack UP? Its INVERTED… I can’t engage in any combat because my brain is telling me to push the damn mouse down to aim at his head. And I’m certainly not going to overwrite 30+ years of gaming with an inverted mouse, for combat ONLY in this 1 game.

2 Likes

Ouch, it really isn’t? Interesting find, seems like noone plays with inverted mouse here :slight_smile: Sorry, we will look at that…

Hey no worries. Its cool as hell that you’re responding to the issues. Gives me hope for the game. :slight_smile:

would really appreciate a fix for this. cant properly handle up/down attacks. Feel kinda like a backwards medieval version of zoolander. https://youtu.be/N_EacLppMW0

1 Like

Whew, glad someone else ran into this. I had to uninstall after the combat tutorial, no way I was going to be able to play it like that.

Oh my god -yes this needs to be fixed or please make a switchable setting for it.

1 Like

I also play inverted axis both on mouse and joypad. In the last update 1.3 also combat wheel axis has now been inverted.
Personally I liked it before the update 1.3 with my mouse and pad vertical inverted but combat wheel uninverted. Reason to prefer the uninverted combat wheel is because it is easier to menage and attempt combo’s since we have to replicate precise patterns according to the combo visual guide.

An extra setting to be able to also individually switch the combat wheel vertical axis would be a better option.

3 Likes

For me its the same like @ElleBi
View should be inverted and fighting weel not.
Hope they will make an setting to change this.

3 Likes

Yes I support this!!!

I cant play because of screwed up controls, please revert back to:
Mouse: INVERTED
Combat Star: NORMAL
come on guys, this is simple oversight

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat as others now put a lot of hours practising in to get used to the combat wheel not being inverted now I’ve got to try and unlearn that.

Please make it a seperate oprion in next patch.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I’ve played many hourse with inverted mouse and normal combat star. And now i cant play. I cant do any combo. I’m waiting for the next patch.

2 Likes

I agree 100%. I play inverted mouse on view, but now that mouse is also inverted on combat wheel it has become unplayable.

2 Likes

I support it too. Please, make it optional or revert it back.

2 Likes

Please, please give us a separate inversion option for the combat star. Moving the mouse up and left to strike from the bottom left is so counter-intuitive that I can barely fight any more, certainly can’t hit any combos right now. I could understand if it inverted horizontally too, as that’d be moving the mouse in the same direction as the sword cuts, but this just makes no sense to me.

3 Likes

Yes, please change this back to the 1.2 version. It makes no sense to attack downwards when you want to hit someone’s head. This makes combat completely unplayable. An option would be great, but until then can we just leave it the way it was ?

2 Likes

I agree, this absolutely needs to be made optional!
A simple toggle in Control Options would be best, but at least let us know where in the configuration files this can be changed.
Please just tell us what you did for the 1.3 patch, so we can undo it.

3 Likes

The thing I’ve started doing is once I lock in on an enemy, I pause, go to settings, and revert my inverted mouse setting. Since during combat you don’t look up or down, so you can fight like pre-1.3.

Pain in the ass, since you have to change it back after combat and it sucks when bandits start running away and you have to chase. But this at least makes the game playable for me for the time being.

Really hoping they will fix this soon

1 Like

One can invert mouse using console. Command will be cl_invertMouse 0 or 1. I tried to find the way how to bind this command to a key but had no luck. May be someone will prompt the to do it.

P.S. also hope this will be fixed.

I feel you, I was in situations like this in some other games too, 20 years of inverted mouse. One day I finally decided to just switch no “normal” (i.e. non-inverted), just makes things easier as a gamer. It’s not hard, took me about an hour to feel ok with it and after a few days its just normal.

I agree with this. I have immense trouble in combat with the current config. At least tell us how to modify the files back to the previous state of the combat wheel being unaffected by the inversion setting if there’s not going to be a patch for a 2nd option in settings. I can’t play as is :frowning: