Is a Robin Hood build playable?

Is a Robin Hood character build a possibility. I generally knock out one one the guards in the initial fort and steal all his gear for a total knight build and still take quite a thrashing in this game sometimes. I think a light armored thief character would be fun to play. I just would hate to keep replaying large sections of the game because of the limited save system.

Yes I did it and it is a good build though I hated not having a perk tree for my main weapon the bow.

Here was my rogue build.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! How did you deal with multiple combatants and those pesky archers? Don’t U die alot and therefore have to always be replaying big sections?

1 Like

Try poisoning large groups before battles.
Or try to stealth kill a couple before the rest wakes up.

1 Like

Aside from the things Erik mentions above, you can use a horse and play hit and run… though 1.5 makes it a lot easier to get knocked off your mount. I’m terrible at this game but have managed +200 headshots so give the rogue (with a horse) a try. Just avoid the temptation to get in the middle of a multi person battle … unless you’re an expert at counter attacks

1 Like

was robin hood czech?

2 Likes

You can absolutely play a robin hood type. “Hal in the Hood”

I’m not a fan of heavy plate armour, so I rock light armour, bow and sword.

2 Likes

It is absolutely possible to do a robin hood style build. I just finished my first playthrough as the typical knight in shining armor (Axe, shield, plate armor, good guy, god fearing, etc.). It was lots of fun, but I didn’t get a chance to play around with the stealth system / archery system as much as I had wanted to. As opposed to doing the assassin / thief build (not really a fan of thievery or murder), I’m doing a Link (Robinhood-ish) build. No metal armor (attempting to wear only green cloth clothing lol), bow, longsword, stealth, good guy. It has been fun thus far, though the bow and arrow combat is waaaaayyyy too difficult IMO.

Also, I found that I got way too rich in my last playthrough, so I’m only going to take money, food, and equipment that I plan on using from defeated enemies. No looting, no thieving, and I’ll only make money by making and selling potions. It’s like the sims but you get to kill bandits and sleep with bathhouse wenches.

2 Likes

Awesome response ImHungry!

Recommend Perkaholic mod for this: having a Bow perk tree is awesome.