Is anyone still playing this?

I just started to game and filming my first play through, any advices or good places I should not mis showing to my northlings ?

It is Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. Great card game with consistent rich story. I am close to its ending. But again, something else caught my interest, now it was Insurgency: Sandstorm because it is free weekend. But that game is about to be released next week but is bugged and badly optimized, still a lot of fun. I even tried that new CS:GO Battle Royale mode, but it is not as much fun as the old CS 1.6. Every game seems to copy PUBG and Fortnite now. For example, Rapture Rejects, it is isometric crazy PUBG. Besides, I used to play Total War: Arena regularly but they are closing this game before release cause it does not make profit (F2P).

This is a great game and it’s got a realism to it that most games don’t. It also gives you the option to play your character in multiple styles so you can add to your realism feel. It is also in a real world place. You can literally go to these places, though some are not named the same anymore but you can Google it. The game is based on and plays off of true events in history and gives a unique perspective to the genre being the fact that you are a blacksmiths son and not just some guy or gal that was gonna die but because of freak events you will Ultimately HAVE to become a legendary weapon wielding warrior. Also they keep saying that the newest DLC; A Woman’s Lot, is the final DLC but I have received a message from a representative at Warhorse about my in game money issue. I have more than I could ever attempt to spend, and in this response to my issue, I was told they have the A Woman’s Lot DLC coming and they intend to implement new and better ways to use your Groschen in the future as well. So contrary to the popular beliefs, I don’t think this game has taken it’s last breath. The 1.9.1 patch fixed a serious amount of issues and made the gameplay much better. Once gamebreaking bugs are fixed. I also feel like they made the AI more adaptive and kinda reactive to what level you are now cuz I used to destroy 5 bandits easily early on in the game and if you get swarmed by even decent fighters now you almost always will die. I respect the fact that you personally may not have enjoyed the game… That’s on you but this game is no where near bland and it’s not their fault you don’t enjoy history and realism. Your bad

@KiNGPiN42DBM You are out of touch with reality or like fantasy because there is nothing real about this game at all.
You can not hunt/fish/swim ETC that is not reelism lol reelism fishing reference …

Ich finde dazu irgendwie keine Motivation. Ich bezweifle dass sich das mit dem erscheinen der Tools sich das ändern wird. Ich modifziere momentan lieber jedes andere Spiel, doch nur nicht KCD!

Yes, I’m still playing. I played “A Woman’s Lot” and got all but two achievements that were related to having skills that were too high. So I started a new game and played through until “A Needle In a Haystack” and then restarted Johanka’s story and got the two missed achievements. One of which was highly amusing, as I woke up in an outhouse instead of playing dice with the Tailor.

During this playthrough, I thought it’d be fun to do the opposite of what Johanka and the others wanted me to do. So I intentionally did things that caused me to fail her quests, like walking in on the guy beating the prostitute and beating him to death. Then, when an angry mob crashed Johanka’s sermon, I pulled out my sword and killed one of the rioters, causing them all to flee. This choice results in a cool sort of easter egg at Johanka’s trial. The bailiff glares at you and then says some of the rioters were killed, lol. In the end, Johanka wouldn’t shut her mouth so got her tongue ripped out. I like how there are multiple possible endings to this story. I will say that the “bad” ending is probably the most realistic, and is definitely the most impactful. IMO she definitely was a heretic, and the virgin mary did not come to her (Ecclesiastes 9:5 tells us that the living know they will die, but the dead know nothing. Unlike her son Jesus, Mary is not God, so she’d still be just as dead as any other mortal Bible character). Therefore, claiming that a dead woman spoke to you is blasphemy.

I’m still really fond of this game, and I hope warhorse fixes all of the bugs still in the game and optimizes it better. Using slightly lower than recommended settings, I’m still having trouble running the game at 60 FPS with my GTX 1080. But even though the game isn’t perfect, I still find myself coming back to it time and time again, making different choices in quests than I did last time in an effort to see all available options. There’s so much depth to many of these quests; it’s fantastic and provides lots of replayablility.

However, I hope warhorse fixes some of the issues with their game, or at the very least, does a better job with the sequel.

1 Like

You are so picky about little things that you’d never be able to enjoy the game anyway. “You can’t even fish tho.” It’s a lot more realistic that most RPGs. Sorry you can’t go noodling for catfish. Jesus Christ

2 Likes

There is always a trade-off between realism and playability (and developers interests). It does not bother me that Henry cannot swim or go fishing. Not everyone knows how to swim and using a fishing pole versus a fish trap is not a gamebreaker. The “realism” in this game stems from the fact that Henry is human and is not a superman and expert at everything. In my playthroughs I still have a hard time mastering the sword, but am much more effective in use of the mace. That is realism to me. The fact that without preparation I will probably die in an encounter with enemies is realism to me. The fact that I may lose a contest or race is realism to me… So, some may think the game unrealistic, there are some of us who believe the game does represent a realistic environment.

3 Likes

Game is good, but right now I put it on the shelf, and got myself into Witcher 3.

What I really dislike in the last update are the dogs. They are bad for classic swordsmanplay (while should be easy killable for a man in some descent armor) and completely destroy my favourite “stealthy” game style. It is just obvious bad gamedesign - there was working system, which wasn’t being built with dogs in mind, and then said dogs were added, breaking A LOT of nuances.

I am still enjoying it very much.

1 Like

237 hrs in and just downloaded all the DLC’s so I’m starting a new game. :slight_smile: I love it It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for in a game.

2 Likes

I’ve only just started playing this, and I’m enjoying it a lot. There’s a definite sense of danger and the openness of the whole game is entrancing. Having dived straight into the story missions, it took me a little while to realise that would just get me killed eventually, and I’d miss the little stories and experiences happening elsewhere. I’m also really liking the small tasks that are given - a certain amount of planning seems to be required for everything, from brewing a salve to raiding a bandit camp.
For a game released in February of 2018, it seems a bit weird that it’d be written off before the end of the year…
And in terms of realism… this game feels to me like Morrowind did 17 years ago. But way better. Fishing in computer games is best handled by Nintendo - here there are traps to take the tedium out of it! I’d even hazard a guess that a mini game was partly devised for it and then wisely ditched - there are enough time sinks already in this game to take enough of my time!

2 Likes

Started the game recently, 20 hours in or so (main level 5) and I love it SO MUCH. Better than Witcher 3, I think and definitely beats RDR2 at every corner - gameplay-wise and especially story-wise. Though I love the Wild Wild West and the Middle Ages equally, the KCD story is just SO much better - it’s heart-warming, life-affirming. Thanks for making this, you made my winter, I think…will try to switch rest of family on to this but they might find the start a little too challenging…will see. I played all of the Dark Souls games before so no complaints here.

2 Likes

Things I like about KCD I miss in RDR2 and vice versa. That said, not playing either now. Instead trying to mod in FO4 to deliver what’s missing in both… my own faction, less funneling, I control their clothing, weaponry, play style, where we go, what we do, who we attack and how we defend

This isn’t disrespect towards KCD. At+1000h, just need more than rinse repeat to play KCD more

Started playing a few months ago and still love it. This game draws you in