Is Henry customizable?

He looks way different in the latest trailer to how he looked in all the beta video I seen on youtube. Just asking people who have the beta if his appearance can actually be altered. Certainly looks much better in this new trailer. That’s for sure.

2 Likes

Hello. No, you will not be able to change Henry. We changed him to the character seen in the Trailer because of the feedback from the community.

8 Likes

Is he completely unchangeable, or will we be able to modify hair/beard like in the Witcher?

We thought about it. But right now this will not be possible in the release version. Maybe in some update, but this is still an open question.

2 Likes

You can freely customise his dress, however. There are a very wide range of clothing elements and Henry can equip all (?) of those suited to male characters.
Choosing your equipment and clothing plays a non-trivial part of gameplay.

Well his new look is cool. Brilliant work there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I like the new look too, the blond one seemed too metrosexual. I don’t need customization at all, always pick the default characters in any game, but mark my words, you’ll have a lot of people whining and moaning if you don’t make at least his hair and beards customizable. That’s just the expectation of today’s audience.

I will say that brigandine looks really loose on him. There’s a lot of space to slip a knife into his ribs.

It is a coat of plates, but yes it does seem oversized &/or misshapen.It is supposed to be a snug fit at the waist and shoulders, with a globus lung plate.

Maybe it was either 1) pulled from a fat corpse or 2) made to require a maille hauberk underneath for maximum protection? I wouldn’t know. I dislike coat of plates/brigandines as well as lamaller.

And now for the king of armors.

3 Likes

I miss the original blond hair a bit, can’t really imagine playing myself for someone so dark haired, yet generally I like the look… could be worse, at least.

King of armours? Alright, I’ll pit yours against my 14th Century English Knight.

6 Likes

hahaha love it man.

1 Like

And who the hell said that the actual hairstyle looks better on his model!?
Sorry but this change fcked me very up. :rage:
Or is it possible to change his hair at a barber?

A lot of people from the community. We changed the hairstyle because we got a lot of negative feedback from that blonde hairstyle.

6 Likes

Good that we have only first person view and on some day tools to change it back. terrible and dislike XD

I agree with that other guy. The old model for the pc looked kinda like an alien, this guy looks like the actor that plays him. Fantastic work :DD

3 Likes

I’m glad they changed the model a bit. In the 2 minutes I’ve seen of the game before it crashes, my first questions were, “whats wrong with his hair?” and “Is he supposed to be blind? Why do his eyes look clouded over?”

Oh please. Your slow brute could not even get near the swift samurai. The Samurai is swift as a sparrow, yet their attacks are strong and deadly like the mighty eagle. Your knight is hopelessly outmatched, and his weapons could not even make a dent in the samurais armour, mean while the katana would easily cut your knight in half with one swift strike.

1 Like