Jesus Christ be praised if someone makes a harder combat mod

Since around the 25th hour, I’ve encountered maybe two or three groups of enemies that were relatively challenging. Literally everything else, including the Wayfaring Knight, poses no challenge whatsoever. Does anyone know how to modify the difficulty via the game’s files, or would anyone be willing to do people like myself a massive favor and create a mod?

The issue is rooted in the fact that all weapon types can punch through all armor types worn by NPCs, almost as if the armor weren’t even there. This happens fairly early on after Henry’s strength and combat skills are at around ~10 or above, and the rest of the game becomes a steamroll at that point. Several other people have pointed out the ridiculous power creep in the game. It’s nothing short of poor design, and I pray that someone knows how to address it via mod. :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s incredible isn’t it? A game based on realism, with such a great challenge in the beginning, devolves into the typical scenario where you become a god way too quickly. Which is interesting as Vavra criticised Skyrim a lot, yet this game falls into the same trap.

I wrote about it here: Decline in challenge + AI ruining immersion

I’d love a mod for it, but I’d love for it to be addressed officially even more.

What makes that criticism even more hypocritical is this video right here, which is literally the opposite of what the game becomes due to power creep.

I mean, the developer specifically states that being able to slash through plate armor is “nonsense,” and by level 10, Henry is slicing through plate armor with swords like that armor doesn’t even exist.

2 Likes

The amount of “combat is too easy” discussions is starting to increase, and hopefully the devs will take notice.

Not just armor but also the AI for that example… I just killed about the whole town guard of rattay and had no real problem with it… if youre on horseback with a polearm youre unbeatable… that makes kind of sense as long as they dont have polearms (wich they have but dont really know how to use), but then again i got down from my horse and took my longsword to kill guards in plate and mail like its nothing…

SOS to any modders or otherwise savvy individuals that know if there’s a way to modify the game’s damage / armor values.