KCD is GOTY

This is a disingenuous line I’ve heard multiple times. The studio is new. The principles aren’t.

Not surprising but not a full account. WH knowingly released software with adverse performance issues (v1.6) and didn’t alert clients. Business software vendors lose their behinds when they do so. Even with a captive audience, it was a bad business practice for a game studio; not to release a compromise but to do so without informing clients in the notes. Fortunately, WH is getting better about issues communications (eg 1.6.3 notes and posting by Christian this week). But, WH testing is still not good enough at ensuring quality. If WH developed more DLC testing around submitted save files, they’d catch more of the issues.

1 Like

I must say, this thread did give me a good laugh. After a while though, I figured some here are actual serious. GOTY is definitely not going to happen. GOTY looks at more as just the fanboys. I looks at what the other people think, the ones not blinded by their love of this game. Which, from the Steam reviews, is a rather big group since the last DLC’s. This game is good but the amount of bugs is crazy. Also the ‘‘historical aspect’’ can often really ruin the fun.

1 Like

If the kickstarter target of a sandbox were achieved, the historical aspect wouldn’t inhibit the fun

It will Be GOTY when the game run well with minimal flaws/glitches/ bugs and even mid level systems can run it at least at 45 FPS and buildings/ city areas that cause massive FPS drops are redesigned.

Why would we put your post on a joke website?
It isn’t remotely funny :slight_smile:

The principles aren’t? Well no shit. I could go start a game development company right now and the principals of game design wouldn’t be new but I doubt I could make a very good game. What is your point? How is saying this is Warhorse’s first game a disingenuous line? This is absolutely their first game. Please tell me which one they made before this one.

I had no problems at all with the 1.6 update or any since. The game actually runs pretty flawless for me at 1440p at 60FPS except for the occasional dip in Rattay. That’s with HD textures on and am I am running the apex reshade.

I never said this would win goty… As a matter of fact I specifically said it wouldn’t. This whole argument started because someone called someone else’s opinion a joke.

There are bugs, yes, but like I’ve already said, I had more problems with Fallout NV and Skyrim than I did KCD. Fallout New Vegas was absolutely unplayable when it released.

I think you are quoting the wrong person. I haven’t mentioned or refered to you in my post.

You said this thread gave you a good laugh and I have been posting in this thread so I assumed you were… I apologize.

1 Like

Absolutely fantastic my thread is so popular because its the controversial winners that break the mould. Just like Kanje West in the Whitehouse, I do think KCD will be talked about in another ten years

1 Like

I am really tempted to think a certain forum user is a new account from an old banned user named Kirsky. Maybe a community manager could just randomly check a few users and see if the IP matches the one of Kirsky. Maybe even check a few users from this thread.

I’m really excited to see what the modding community can do with it once Warhorse releases the dev kit. I hope to God that Game of Thrones mod that supposedly being worked on comes through.

the people running the show are experienced, and some of the issues show a lack of oversight

It was a console issue.

You are correct that they have some experience. However, they are not some huge development company like bethesda who releases buggy game after buggy game. This game had to be funded by kickstarter which shows the amount of resources they had to develop it… while games like skyrim and gta have unbelievable budgets with huge dev teams. For instance GTA V had a budget of 265 million dollars compared to warhorse’s 36 million.

‘Some experience’? That’s a little disrespectful to Daniel, Martin and Viktor

QA fucking up the load files has nothing to do with lacking a massive budget

Actually it absolutely does.

Not when you say massive studios release buggy games. You’ve eviserated your own argument

Daniel created mafia and mafia 2…both great games, but neither one of them were open world games developed on cryengine.

Your disrespect stands

What are you talking about? Bethesda is a massive studio that absolutely releases buggy games.