KCD is GOTY

How is that irrelevant?

Yeah, GOTY. Maybe KCD get it. Maybe not.

Personally, it’s just windowdressing

Guys. There is a fuction called “private message” so people can go off topic or have conversations without spamming. Or the “create topic” option. So you can talk about your issue without going off topic for maybe 20 - 30 posts on this one.

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize we were wasting space on your website.

Has nothing to do WH’s implementation of 1.6, WH knowing beforehand its implementation would have a direct, adverse impact on worsening console popin, and WH not alerting its customers

Waste of my time to report on bugs that WH introduced

The game wasn’t even originally planned to come to consoles…

Czech-made no-fantasy medieval role-playing game Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been turning heads for a couple of years, ever since - and even before - it was successfully funded on Kickstarter. It’s powered by CryEngine and it genuinely looks lovely - and you can watch the 40 minutes I saw of it recently in the video embedded below.

We’ve been primed for a PC summer 2016 release for a while, but, I discovered, there’s a chance this may not happen. It’s to do with publisher/distributor negotiations - a partner developer Warhorse needs to physically put games in shops.

The snag comes from the pending publisher/distributor (not named) perhaps wanting all three versions of the game - PC, PS4 and Xbox One - to arrive at the same time. Problem is, the console versions aren’t as finished as the game on PC, which has been the lead platform since the beginning. In order for a synchronised multi-platform launch, then, the PC version will need to be held back.

Irrelevant

LOL what is relevant then?

Business decisions that are actually made

Actual client facing communications

It seems to me they bent over backwards and spent extra time working to give you a great game that you were never going to get.

Talking to yourself?

If I were why are you responding?

If you’re talking to me, I’ll reply. Otheriwse, I’ll let you continue talking to yourself

I replied to you

Who else do you think I would of been talking to? As far as a can tell we have been having a conversation for quite awhile now.

Glad KCD is on PS4. Soon, I’ll be able to play it and then switch over to RDR2, FO4 with mods, COD WW2, etc when I want a change of pace.

Glad WH didn’t listen to PC snobs like you that said platter spin rate or whatever meant Rattay race couldn’t be done

Glad WH has improved communications

Lets get this thread back.
Fornite has a huge amount of players and is extremely popular. What about Fortnite for GOTY instead of KCD?

Objectively I don’t know how KCD gets GOTY. By active users, by sales, by ratings… the ‘only’ thing KCD has is a unique take on the genre. It’s incredibly well researched and thought out. The script and sound track are top rate.

Problem is there are glaring holes… glaring hole #1, the game intentionally tries not to make the godchild (Witcher/Skyrim) but then confers the ability to use equine resources solely upon the chosen one. Being the only one on horseback truly gives Henry godlike (relative) powers… and so the central design tenant (historical realism/playability) WH employed is undermined. The glaring hole is bc WH (Daniel) was dissatisfied with how well developed horse combat/AI was. How much should this punish KCD? By itself, it shouldn’t. But, there are others…

Not sure how much DLC factor into GOTY but wish WH had spent more on delivering the same level of quality in the DLC as in the core game. This isn’t to say ashes and amorous aren’t quality; it’s just they aren’t in the same league as the core game.

I’m glad people got to play it on PS4 as well. I’ll be playing RDR2 right along with you when it releases.

I’m also not a PC snob. I play games on PS4, PC, and android. I played games on PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PS, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, and regular Nintendo as well.

And I also never said it couldn’t be done.

My main point way back when was that a dev team with about 8x the budget is going to be able to release a game with less bugs(unless their name is Bethesda) and I think Warhorse actually did a hell of a job to get this game running on consoles. I just don’t find it that surprising that it took a little longer.