KCD player base dropped by 95%, Vavra denies

Articles are reporting KCD player base has dropped by 95% since day 1.

Daniel Vavra, the director of the game, denies

Your thoughts about this?

He is right

1 Like

Wish he’d spend less time tweeting pronouncements which have an air of resting on one’s laurels and more time tweeting about DLC plans and other KCD product strategy (eg current state of mod support discussions with CryTek)

No offense but it’s as if he responded to @Holt_Bathgate on twitter instead of here and missed the whole point of sharing a little more detail about what lies ahead with KCD users (incl many backers)

4 Likes

Exactly… “We’re working on __________ today.” Would have taken as much time and would have been more appreciated by what is left of his fan base.

4 Likes

most players played the game already so theres not much to explore now
I dont play it either atm, I’ll wait for DLCs for another playthrough
Thats the thing about singleplayer games…
Its a normal development, considered the hype that was in the beginning 95% drop seems legit
But I can say that I will definitely play it again and WH has my full support for future projects.
More communication about what they are working on would be good though, I agree @DantedellaBroadway

3 Likes

Vavra is right it’s a single player game, once people have finished it they move on. Nothing special to see here the release was 2 months ago.

2 Likes

I am more interested in, who cares about that?! What can these “players” know about single-player games, where they play every minute on every day crap like PUBG, Sea of Thieves, Fortnite. Where do these numbers come from? From steam! Oh yes, then I know what the fanbase looks like. bj

I agree! This is important! And not a huge bunch of consumption kids who moved every half day to another Betrayer and Hypocrite Title. @Hellboy Better you give a f@ck on them.

I do second playtime so Im in those 5%. Fortunately it is not 4%. For that I would not apply :rofl:

It’s still a much better game than The Witcher 3, Skyrim or Call of Duty that have the most players.
People know that, but many of them decided to wait until the game is polished. The bugs are real.

2 Likes

Many people left the game unfinished, though. Including myself. Maybe later…

2 Likes

No, it isn’t. W3 and Skyrim have more breadth, and COD has more depth. WH has the potential to change that assessment. Polishing will help but more still needs to be done relative to DLC and mod support.

I have ~500h into a single playthrough so obviously I’m a huge fan. If I try to be more objective, Skyrim and COD have more compelling reasons to grind. The former has mods; the latter has a near endless number and variety of enemies to fight. W3 has different endings.

1 Like

Sadly mine is still left unfinished. Not that the game isn’t fun. I was just having main os hdd problems, that I just got around to fixing (like waiting for product sales). And just haven’t gotten back to it yet.

@frelmedieval
You are funny. COD more depth than KCD :joy:
And no, Witcher 3 and Skyrim are boring, generic and created for the mainstream with very dull gameplay and game design.

Yeah, COD: WW2: War (alone) has far more grinding challenge and variety. I can play as sniper, heavy machine gunner, typical rifleman, spec ops (SMG), etc. play in different combat settings, etc

My enemies aren’t cookie cutter NPCs. They’re real people with different tendencies and skills

It’s a shooter. All you do is shooting against online kiddies. There isn’t even a STORY.

1 Like

Those kiddies and their elders have far more variety and skill than the NPCs we battle in KCD. And, the battle
context is much more diverse than KCD. I say this having killed over 2000 enemy NPCs in KCD. It’s hardly a surprise that battle/combat/tourney is one of the DLCs talked about for KCD

Never ever in W3, Skyrim or COD did I have an enemy NPC that hit me and was hit by me, stop, stand still and then put his weapon away even as I was drawing my weapon and aiming at his head less than 3m away. I honestly love playing the game in spite of this and other factors. My point isn’t to belittle KCD; it’s to point out WH needs to invest more in KCD if it wants to truly be considered the dog’s bollocks

The story is breadth (to me). Didn’t say COD had more breadth than KCD

1 Like

You say those games are better than KCD, because it’s more difficult to kill NPCs?
Have you ever played one of the best games of all time like “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” where you don’t even kill one single NPC?

COD is better because the grinding challenge is greater. W3 is better because its narrative structure supports different viable end game outcomes, and for me less buggy/idiosyncratic than KCD. Skyrim is better because far more faction variety (incl their quests), and mod support.

When I say better, I mean not my personal opinion but some relatively objectively evaluable criteria. Personally, I like KCD far more than COD WW2, Skyrim and W3. It’s why I’ve spent over 500h killing over 2,000 bandits and Cuman and accumulating over 1,100,000 groschen

In a mp match! In SP part you can choose other weapons, but playing the level on the same way as before. And most time the AI in shooters is more worse than in KCD

The only things their Elders need are Scrolls, to learn how her kids reacting in real life after they played to much in CoD or WoW

And when I say Witcher 3, Skyrim and COD are bad designed games, it’s also not my opinion, but based on facts and many objective critics if you understand how a good game, or even a true “masterpiece” has to be designed. I can write in german what Witcher 3 does wrong.