KCD player base dropped by 95%, Vavra denies

Rough release, multitude of bugs, constant and sometime bug causing patches and poorly optimized for non top tier PC’s did not help.
I also believe the game was not originally designed for non PC’s with corresponding comprises resulting.
Also making the game CPU heavily used didn’t help IMHO .
Being a single player RPG game of a type that requires attention not just hack’n slash, bang/boom and a lot of players have become the one and done types if not multiplayer shoot’em ups type get boared fast.

1 Like

Ugh or maybe he is pointing out the stupid article like your stupid post lacks complexity in its findings. But hey why bother factoring in sales, full price, type of genre, anything other than a player graph timescale graph.

Hey GTA is tops over all them game you mentioned in your shallow post. See how I did that. Seems thinking is the new aids.

What is the agenda of the article. No seriously. Why is there not one every month for every game that comes out. Ye thought so. It’s times like these Warhorse and Dan need to say they hate us coz they anus.

Uh yeah you comparing a game which relase is 4 month back and the others are older, yes, and?
They lost players too, got new ones, lost, new ones, lost, new ones. Yeah some players are angry and they lost the interest. And on some day they come back. WoW lost players, got new ones, lost, new ones, lost, new ones. Only consum. It is like cloth style. It is In, it is Out, In, Out, In, Out
brag, boast or Superficiality

Again what difference does it make anyway ? Many people played the game and finished it or like me waiting for bug fixes and only play occasionally. Warhorse still got their money and the funds they need for their next game. Their monetisation plan never relied on constantly making more money with multiplayer dlcs and lootboxes.The game sold well that’s all they needed so i don’t think that player base dropping is even relevant in this context since their business plan doesn’t rely on it if that makes sense.

Seems like the net in-out number isn’t favorable for KCD even if relative number (% drop) is comparable

1 Like

It is very simple:

Mount and Blade Warband was released 8 years ago and 9000 people play this game today.
Kingdom come Deliverance was released 3 months ago and 4000 people play this game today.

Both games are singleplayer. Simple as that.

you guys are debating back and forth like steam is the only source for the game. What about GOG?
Mikey soft and sonny ( pun intended)?

1 Like

i dunno, it could be true since there counting it from day 1. … i mean once i beat the game 3 and a half times and have 365 hours i sorta lost interest. i havent played kcd since sometime in march. i still love the game. im just waiting for something new then ill play another few hundred hours. 95% sounds way too high of an estimate in my opinion, but then again people lost there minds with the amount of bugs during launch . there is still to this day people out there who cant play anymore because they cant manage to fix the stuttering (for everyone) . i never had any game breaking bugs, i love the game so much. but if i couldnt progress the story or play in general because of stuttering , well i dont think id have this same opinion what so ever…

also even if it was true, if it was your game that u spent all that time making, would u even admit it? me personally id have done the same as vavra deny it and admit nothing.

Even if the playerbase has dropped, you gotta know that doesn’t mean that the game is dead. With KCD, a lot of people are laying the game down until it’s fatal bugs are ironed out. Not everyone has the patience to stay with the game until it’s finished, they want a ready to play product and KCD might not be that for them right now.

If i played a game so much, again and again, i think it is normal to lost the interest.
And that should be the moment to play, maybe an other medieval game. :slight_smile:
Every game can be cool in his own. And if you’re maybe a feak and you’re loving medieval, you will install it again and enjoying it like at the first day

But people need to compare everything from the first day.
Skyrim here, The Witcher there… Mount & Blade, Chivalvry, ELEX, Risen, Gothic, DA… bla bla bla! For me it is more like that everybody is good in learning something pefectly in one week. And most people seem to have developed some of the titles which they defend them against.
Nobody has time for waiting and WH must, MUST a good developer because there is no room for beginners and newcomers. (yeah because we have enough of them who are playing not these hated games) All these Superficiality people have no time. So they hate educations and learning.
Why is it so important to tell everybody that the game is shit, the money not worth. And this with with a rough sound. What is the problem in these people’s psychology!
Her parents never told them that a bad boy will get nothing, especially if he raised his voice.
But @Hellboy Why you think it is interesting to show us again and again these likes and dislikes?
Instead you should using your pc to fixing the game. God, everytime this provocation!

1 Like

GTA tops everything?:joy: Maybe everything in the list of the most dull games.

1 Like

http://steamcharts.com/app/379430#All

Well duh? KCD is an RPG not a multi game, and it’s a short RPG with only around 50-60 hours of content, no modding scene yet, and people are waiting on baited breath for DLC. Of course the player count is going to drop like a rock- 90k is not sustainable population for an RPG like this. That’s purely built off hype, and people have jobs and school to go back to. I love this game and even my hours dropped off in favor of Mount and Blade again simply because I’ve beaten the game thrice and I am now just waiting for more content. It’s a great game but with a frustratingly short length and a bullshit ending. I want more gameplay dammit.

1 Like

Hope WH is actually listening :ear:t4: to this thread

Silence :zipper_mouth_face: about near-intermediate term plans won’t endear them to their current audience too

2 Likes

warband isn’t single player and has a much more extensive modding community. and there’s no way warband has 9k players today, cite source or gtfo

@213
24h peak…
http://steamcharts.com/app/48700
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/48700,379430#3m
Don’t think it to be true but almost looks as if KCD has sparked interest in M&B within past month

I know this is all very hard for you to keep up with.

Mount and blade is not just single player. This goes to show you have zero clue here.

Mount and blade was 3 euro to buy the other week. Civ was also on sale… Dumnn dummm dummmm… Are you building a picture here… My guess… probably not. oh simple as that :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not sure that he should answer directly to that kind of tweets. I can understand that as he is the lead director it’s a kind of personnal “attack”, but also as he is the lead director, he sould focus more on communication about upcoming patches and content than on useless political tweets. There are still many things to be improved with this game, it’s a shame because I really like their work and their approach, but for the moment it has a bad taste- “unfinished / unpolished”.

It is his personal Twitter account… I don’t see the issue to be honest. He wants to take a shit on the shitty article so be it.

Nobody forced someone to make a thread about it.

For your information the stupid shit in that article has been floating around a few threads the last while thanks to Holt or whatever he was called bringing it up every chance he got in every different thread.

And the last updated it was said the next patch is optimisation. They are working on optimization. I think it’s safe to assume this is the information you speak of.

If he start tweeting about the next plans people be pissing and moaning what about the so called optimisation. Game still has bugs and you making new content waaaa waaa.

Wow COD has more depth? Are you off your head? Ok lets grind against some 12 yearold screaming over the mic, you have no idea. @Chessqueen is right, there is no game in comparison to KCD when simulating real life gameplay, you even have to brew potions properly for god sake and you reckon COD has more depth, throw a care package on yourself please.

1 Like

Storm in a beer bottle. Rather serve yourself one cooled. I got 50 in the trunk of my car. Weekend is comming :yum:

1 Like