King loses backer rewards, WH doesn't care

Apparently, DHL spent two weeks trying to deliver my package to a CLEARLY EMPTY HOUSE (i.e. big windows, nothing inside) rather than check with USPS for the forwarding address (they’re supposed to check them against USPS records before returning to an international sender).

My shipment (KING backer) thus, was returned to them on February 22nd. I didn’t even discover that they had tried to deliver until yesterday (March 1st).

I immediately wrote to customer service, provided updates to my address and asked for the item to be reshipped.

The response I received? Well, I’ll just quote it here:

" we have been trying to deliver your collector’s edition of Kingdom Come: Deliverance for last two weeks.

Our delivery service (which in most countries is DHL) have not been successful to get in reasonable contact with you so far.

Please do following: (a) should you have any email from delivery services in which you were asked for some action, please do respond and act as suggested or (b) please log into you profile on our website www.kingdomcomerpg.com and check the waybill on the website of the distribution company, which shall show delivery status and requested action that need to be done.

We are doing our best to resolve all cases where the delivery was not successful yet, however we also need regrettably inform you, that should there be no action from your side in next two days (i.e. by Friday March 2, 2018), the parcel will either be send back or will be destroyed with close to none possibility be delivered again in future. Thank you for your understanding."

That response was received on March 1st, so now it just seems like they’re going to drag me out today and claim deadline passage and well, GTFO.

I’ll leave it to you to guess how happy I feel to have backed as a King in this moment.

I guess, @DrFusselpulli Might help. :wink::wine_glass:

I’d take any help I could get… the customer service response didn’t seem to give a damn that I was doing everything I could to make it easy for them to reship (since it was returned to them on the 22nd).

Have you dont the email stuff they advised you to do? They have a lot on their plate, it may take time but I honestly think that if you do what you’re supposed to do things will work out and WH won’t leave you high and dry. I’ts probably going to be frustrating and take time but they have a loooooooooot of issues to work out, with the game with badges and with this stuff, and I’m sure you’re not the only one. Hope it works out for you.

wow, thats not acceptable, hope you’ll get the package

1 Like

I never got any notification, nor email… this is the problem.

I would have missed all of this entirely had I not randomly decided to check back on my account here.

DHL seriously dropped the ball… I’m just looking for ANYONE to be willing to pick it up.

I’ve spent the last nearly 4 months in and out of hospital, my house is being sold (hence, is empty), and I can’t even rely on a shipping company to check for forwarding address before returning an important shipment to an international sender?

Sorry, that’s just wrong. :frowning:

I don’t see the part where they don’t care. You didn’t update your mailing address that is your fault, you emailed them they emailed back with very specific instructions if you can’t follow those instructions that’s your fault. Are you just looking for attention?

3 Likes

I’m not defending the situation, just trying to offer peace and verbally hoping WH makes things right with people like you. Who’s customer service is railing you? WH or DHL? Cuz no matter who you talk to you can almost always find someone higher up. If DHL is screwing you, maybe contact WH and, per your status and maybe some proof of the situation, they could reship a copy or something. I’m sorry :frowning:

Trolling aside, I did update my address, and I did notify WH as soon as I discovered the problem. It’s their own response that indicates they don’t care - since I would NEVER expect a company to be unwilling to reship or to clearly state they’re going to be ok with the item being DESTROYED for any reason.

the only reason I can think of is that DHL will destroy parcels that couldnt be delivered in a certain amount of time… but there have to be other ways

That’s my point. Hell, I’d pay for the cost to reship, but they haven’t even offered it as a solution.

You updated after the fact… Again its your fault you didn’t updated prior to shipping. They gave you detailed instructions on how to correct this. According to your own post you followed those instructions yet before even knowing the outcome post a thread bashing WH for your mistake yeah sorry im not troll here?

1 Like

Dude, this’s not good idea right now.:wink:

Why I’m not trying to be a dick I’m just confused how someone is not able to take some personal responsibility in this situation. Blame DHL, bashing WH before knowing the outcome but at no point taking personal responsibility? Yeah sure the situation would suck but there was probably a much better way to approach it here.

2 Likes

Are you dense? They replied to me with instructions to do something that is impossible because I never got any email or notification from anyone and the manifest indicates they’ve already returned the item to the sender.

It’s not a mistake to have spent four months in hospital, jerk.

Nor is it a mistake to trust that a company will make reasonable attempts to re-ship a package of value if/when the intended recipient is making all necessary information available to do so.

And yes, frankly, a company deserves to be taken to task for being unwilling to perform even basic 2nd attempt work for people who are supposedly their valued backers.

But since you’re clearly just looking for reasons to be … yourself… this will be my last reply to you. Troll on as you like.

Meh, let’s not make conflicts and argues of this, really. Just let’s help with it and forget.

1 Like

I appreciate this response. Thank you. Seems there are some people in the world who just can’t be happy unless they’re poking people who aren’t with a stick for “the lulz”.

I am helping. Giving tough advice isn’t arguing and I’m expecting an apology post tomorrow when everything works out.

1 Like

giving tough advice and being a dick while giving tough advice are 2 different things.

2 Likes

I think this is unacceptable, it also triggers me when companies end their letters with something like “Screw yourself, thank you for your understanding!” I don’t like this at all.

While the rewards haven’t been delivered to you largely due to unfortunate circumstances, SURELY there is something that can be done for someone who has pledged around $500 during a time when Warhorse desperately needed people to believe in their ideas and back their project? Especially since the project turned out to be kind of a success and the costs and additional effort required to get the rewards to you should be relatively negligible?

@DrFusselpulli @WH_JiriRydl I really think this deserves some more attention than the standardized “Yep, sorry, no can do!”

And @Istoppucks I would certainly appreciate if you got lost kind sir, thank you for any cooperation in this matter.

2 Likes