Kingdom Come Deliverance: act II

He wants? He shall get.

Probably an option to reduce the load would be making a condensed map with only access to certain portions of the fight, like right flank, so only 30 or so allies are loaded in max, have a 30v30 battle which I imagine word strain the system enough as it is. That way, we’d be able to see more but it’d all be lower rendered. I’m no designer or game maker so I have no clue, but it seems logical to me.

He’s just blowing off steam. Even he’s saying to relax in comments to the others… failing that I’m sure another Kickstarter might work :wink:

Can somebody translate this?

@Endriago my best guess is the text in the red box is:
the fate of the other games is in the hands of the manager of the building

@frelmedieval & @Endriago basically from what I remember they were talking about their new move is trashy and it’s almost unbearable. I felt like he said it as a kind of tongue in cheek joke / kind of venting… I’d be pissed if I paid rent on an expensive office location and almost nothing works (when it should be looked after by the landlord.)

In volume I, Lord Divish says that he will extend the village of Pribyslavice with farms. I also suppose a castle and baths!
There is also the reconstruction of Skalice which seems inevitable to me, as well as that of its castle and the mines.
To give interest to this volume II, it is normal for Henry to have to start training in combat again, but this does not mean that they must start all at 0. A bit like the character of Thérèse who rubbed off from the At the beginning of XP, Henry could very well resume his training at 6 by force for example and 2 in sword, 2 in masses and 2 in arc … and even propose to the players who have never played volume I to start again all at 0!?!
No one has claimed that Prague or Kuttenberg should be built in the historic style of the time! Let’s say that reproducing the main axes and the main monuments would be more than enough.
It is only the interiors of the great monuments that need to be invented. The houses can be partial copies of those existing in volume I
Regarding the big battles, I do not have the impression that it is a requirement of the players of this game. We know that the melee disturbs the management of the fights too much.
Personally, I would like the developers to bring a new management of winter climate. I would like to see snowy forests and bright countryside. I would also like to see children, but it will be natural to block these NPCs in non-interactive mode and not killing or pillaging. I would like a system for managing horses in feed and the possibility of very partially increasing their performance with cleaning (such as baths for humans)

Most likely scenario:
Jindrich and Ptacek will be killed on their mission (more likely captured) … The plot will take place after about 16-18 years. It is a historical fact that son of Ptáček (Hynke Ptáček from Pirkštejn ) was born in 1404 … Henry also had sex with Tereza …

So there is an analogy of the first episode - Henry’s son will try to liberate / avenge his father, we have space for character development …

If the plot took place in 1420, here we have for example the battle of Vítkov, the foundation of Tábor, the battle of Sudoměř …

1 Like

That is actually most unlikely scenario and also kinda nonsense.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Henry will probably get the crap kicked out of him Runt style and lose his abilities and be nurtured and nurses back to health by our ever faithful servant and sexy nurse Hans Capon. xD

3 Likes

Why? It solve problem with abilities. Henry’s son inherits his father’s assignment. It would correspond to the nature of Mr. Vávra - responsibility for the heritage of the ancestors …

OK, there is an error in my scenario. Hans Capon was a follower of Sigmund. This is a historical fact. Vávra makes sure that the story is as historically correct as possible. Thus Hans Capon betrays Henry. On the other hand, his son Hance Capon was a follower of the Hussites, so his help to Henry’s son can be expected.

It just sounds like a nonsense and total cliche, I doubt they would do that. I’m pretty sure, that there will be no sons and story will continue with Henry. Because that makes sense and also first part ended with cliffhanger and Henry still has unfinished business.

Also why would Capon betray Henry? That’s another irracional thing to me. We know very little about Capon, and changing sides or opinions in this conflict was very common. Even if he would liked Sigismund, it doesn’t mean he is evil and have to betray someone…
Next Kingdom come will be most likely still before Hussite wars, maybe the third part will be during the wars. Story has to be escaled gradually, not suddenly jump 20 years forward

4 Likes

Again Steph has it right. They have a story set strongly with a character they’ve developed. They can’t and wouldn’t invest time making a 20 year history in the game. It makes no sense whatsoever on why Henry should have this random child come following him. If this child ever exists, with Henry gone they’d probably die or be kept by the mother, of which, would be a lowborn and kept to his station. He isn’t he child of a high lord like Henry was, and so wouldn’t know about his father’s linage and also would have no honour bound or familial clause to require him to seek or avenge his father. Also, he’d be piss poor with a lot in life as whatever it was, a miller or farmer. The region they’re in would be secure mostly and no ills become of them.

Henry’s story has much left over to deal with. He has his budding companion to get right into the aristocratic dynamics and politics of Bohemia and would be an amazing position to actually play a game as a witness and influencer (?) in the events that unfold at a truly epic scale as the Holy Roman Empire is thrown into this time of conflict that leads to Hussite wars. Henry will be injured probably and lose his skills. OR they’ll just figure out a way to port over the KCD save (who knows lol)

2 Likes

Henry will be hurt and lose his skills …? And will everything learn again? Isn’t this possibility meaningless? Like a stroke?

Young Hynce Capon can tell him about the father line. He was known as the Czech Machiavelli. In addition, Hynce = is the original domestic form of the German name Heinrich (Henry, Henry …).

And that he was not a noble family, it does not play any role during the Hussite wars.

The betrayal is only a way to avoid the historical contradiction where Jan Capon was a supporter of Sigismund while his son was a supporter of the Hussites. But due to Hynce’s intrigue in 1434 again changed sides and fought against the Hussites in the Battle of Lipany.

It is possible that John does not betray him directly, but fails to prevent the killing of Henry.

The story of KDC II could move to another location - Chocerady - about 20km north of Rataj.

Between the years 1406 and 1411 the Racek Kobyla z Dvojice (at that time Vyšehrad burgrave) acquired the Čajchanov-Veseli castle and rebuilt it into the Komorní Hůrka castle.

The appearance of this Gothic castle is not documented in written or other historical documents and can only be inferred from what remained in the period after many complex building changes in the mass of today’s castle. From the existing - so far only superficial - exploration of the chateau, it can be concluded that the original Gothic castle contained three single-storey wings, capturing the position of the southern, western and northern parts of the older part of today’s chateau. Even the outer fortifications of the castle can not have a certain idea without archaeological research. On the east, south and west sides was undoubtedly a huge wall with a moat. At the southern corner of the wall, in the place of the south-eastern corner of the so-called courtyard (in front of the current canteen), there was a cylindrical tower that protected the castle mainly from the side where the terrain was not very sloping. On the northern side of the castle, above the steep slope, the main defense task of the polygonal bastion, whose remnants can be seen as the masonry of today’s polygonal conclusion of the castle chapel. Inside the courtyard was a well with a stone ring

Racek Kobyla was killed 2.2.1416 in Kutná Hora.
“They seized them in the inn where they were staying, cut their bodies into pieces and threw them out onto the street, where the mob vigorously stomped on their remains and then went in merry song to the home of the preacher to be praised for the act they had been encouraged to commit.”

Lol bruh did you even play the game? The first thing they did was smash Henry’s face in with Runts club to restart his abilities as he was a trained blacksmiths apprentice and would be stupidly strong and such. They’ll be able to happily do this again by keeping him in prison for a few weeks or whatever. Think it’s a cop out? Oh bloody well, it’s not something you need to look into too much. It’s literally a device that allows you to continue Henry’s story. I don’t care if he gets drunk and goes on a rampant orgy and ends out in bloody Spain and loses his abilities traveling back (more plausible than his son returning). As long as there’s a continuation.

Frankly, the whole of your other comment is irrelevant, they’ll design the castles how they ultimately think is best (also we know WHERE the game will be approximately already… Shock horror exactly where they said at the game finale and surrounding areas and castles.)

And yes, we know that Radzig gets killed… That’s not new information, it’s a crap way for him to eventually die, but I don’t see this being in the game. I see them using Radzig’s ambiguity as a device to allow for plot expansion, and wouldn’t skip ahead to just kill him off.

1 Like

Where did you see drone photos of Trosky castle? Trosky are ruins only!

Silver Skalice was never restored. Kobyla build new castle - Komorni Hradek cca 20 km north-west from Rataje, 5km sw from Silver Skalice in 1411 year.

I think it was some time after the game was out, there were drone photos of the ruins on the warhorse Twitter account. Some of the Warhorse team had visited the ruins and taken pictures with a drone. (And Daniel Vavra even showed a model of the castle on his cell phone)

3 Likes

Yes I’m sure Trosky will be there, but it can be maybe just prologue or something and the rest of the game can be set in different region.

Here is evidence.

It’s screenshot from the spot from Warhorse company. He works on art of village Mstěnice u Hrotovic, which is near Znojmo in Moravia region, that’s also interesting historical location. And that village looked like this back then. Soooo, not bad I think.

2 Likes

Stepan - are you Czech?

Yes :smiley: Jsem