Kingdom Come Deliverance Release will be on February 13th 2018

Feel like I am one of the few that isn’t dissapointed by the release date, It’s a massive game made by an inexperienced company, of course it’d take long to develep, If you back a kickstarter you should know what you’re getting into and the risks.

8 Likes

I rather wait for a game to be finished before it is released, than have it half-finished and released.
It would be wonderful if games were released polished and mostly or completely bug-free but that is probably not possible.
Anyway, it’s nice to know the date of the release.

3 Likes

Anyway, what do you guys think about the trailer itself?

I love how it looks like, the faces, animation and everything looks great. I’m glad they fixed the haircut. Music is also alright, altough nothing you would remember. However, I can’t say I like the rest. The narration is pretty much the definition of cliché, when I heard “what it all means, why did God allow such things to happen”, I cringed really hard. And I really don’t like the voice acting. I 'm not exactly sure, but I would say it lacks emotions? It’s somehow dull, Henry sounds like he is just an uninvolved bystander. I also don’t like how old his voice sounds, you can’t tell who is the father and who is the son.

edit: Did anyone notice the new cover art? They went with the “Kneeling Henry” that won the the forum poll, with a diferent backround. Considering how much their PR discouraged them from choosing this one (according to Vavra’s fb), this is pretty bold decision I guess. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Release date is fine for me, im not so naive to think that the game have release date this year. Four years to create that kind of game is pretty short if you ask me, look how much we must wait for other games, bigger studios have been creating the games many years before announcement. Well maybe if you are Ubisoft you can create the game in a year since it’s a copy of the previous one but in other timeline…
Warhorse creating brand new innovative game, and it must take some time.
Even if i don’t like some changes, like dog companion… hell im disappopinted we dont even have our own shack, and the line “you die by the sword you helped forged” is truly ironic since smithing was removed i still support this project and can’t wait until it release.

Thanks for changing Henry’s default hairstyle, now it looks better :slight_smile:

ABSOLUTELY TRUE! I’m damn DONE WAITING!

4 Likes

This is what they will say, nothing more.

3 Likes

Your own fault for having unrealistic expectations.

ME:A is not “shit”. And it’s not about ME.A here, it’s about KC:D. And they told us: Dez 2015. Than 2016, than 2017. This not about “incrediable hard to predict” but about “unable to lead a project on time.”

5 Likes

All this crying about the release date is ridiculous. They don’t owe anyone anything other than a completed game. Game development takes a long time. This shouldn’t be news to anyone. I just want the best game they can make.

6 Likes

Common, really? Again?
Guys, almost 4 years delay is just too much to excuse (and it might even stretch more?).
Despite quite good communication from the devs during the years. Today I just started to regret, that I pre-orderred the game.
Finally, it is another clear lesson for me, saying just: “Do not pre-order games.” That’s it.

3 Likes

Yes, you might be right, you just want the best game you can get and I just want to be still alive when it will be finally delivered. You are still not fed-up by pre-orders and early accesses? For me, it simply means no more donations, kick starters or pre-orders to warhorse studios or any other company managed by the same guys. That’s simple. I’m working as a project manager in an IT development for about 15 years and trust me - even in SW development, 4 years delay is just not acceptable, It is NOT, despite that game developpers are usually trying to convince os about oposite.

2 Likes

4 years delay?? In what world?

Kickstarted in Spring 2014.
Initial expected release of a short “Act1” Dec 2015, with alpha in Autumn 2014.
First ‘alpha’ given to backers Oct 2014, with the last alpha Nov 2015. An extension of the alpha to a ‘beta’ available to more of the backers and to new purchasers of the PC digital editions followed in March 2016.

By now the game had been recast to include Act 1 and Act 2 (Originally scheduled to follow on by around 9 months), so the original planned date for what we will get was Sept 2016.

A delay to Feb 2018 is no more than a year an a half from the date the content we will receive was originally planned for, and even at the most extreme only 2 years and 2 months from the original single act date.
Has everything gone as planned? No. It doesn’t seem so.
Would I have liked to have seen the final polished version back in December 2015? Of course, but that is wholly unrealistic given the experimental nature of much of the AI and combat systems integrated into the game, and the ambition of the project.
Will I be happy with the 2018 release version? I think I will be, and can entertain myself in other ways while the £20 I placed on the game continues to secure my place at the table.

6 Likes

Read Lieste’s reply about the time frame because they have it right.
No I am not sick of preorders/early access. With out that, this game we are all looking forward to wouldn’t even exist. Do you realize the cost of game development? I would prefer to wait some extra time, rather than not have it obviously. Also for kickstarter i get the game cheaper than I would have otherwise. I really don’t have an issue with the date. I was expecting issues to come up when this team was being very ambitious.

Отлично! Я как раз из тайги вернуться должен :slight_smile:

Is everyone really surprised by this delay? Do you really not know what caused it? It’s obviously the mad dash to try and make a buck by porting this to consoles. Consoles ruin everything.

1 Like

Good. I hope that these dalays caused by console portings didn’t ruin the game.
I’m looking forward for an epic Middle Ages game and a cool Collector’s Edition.

That was no unrealistic expectation! That was an official release date spread by WH PR department everywhere on FB, YT, Twitter. So if they say 2017, I kinda wanna trust them. Should have known better :frowning:

1 Like

I wonder how many backers will have died between the kickstarter and the eventual release date?
Statistically bound to be a couple. I’m not complaining mind, massively prefer delayed to delivered but crap. It was just an off kilter thought I had and decided to share.

As for the trailer, I’m not certain it’s a winner, a bit generic.

I am with @Freix called 2018 release awhile back.

That trailer was truly fantastic and really shows off the work the team has been putting into the game.

Ive been open about my disinterest in the teams less open and communicative tendencies then in the past, but from what they have to show in my opinion justifies the change in approach.

its been a long a bumpy journey but I believe in WH and @Hellboy to live up to there own standards.

We have an actual date not a window I trust them to follow through.

Great work, now show me more godamnit live stream!!!

1 Like

It was a great trailer. Not perfect of course - facial animations deserve improvement, narration was a bit generic, not sure about the voice acting - but overall it shows an immensely ambitious, beautiful game that will be greatly enjoyable.

The release date is a bit disappointing, I hoped for 2017, but I am not a moron and thus understand that good things take time. For example Witcher 3 had TWO already announced, set dates and was delayed twice. And it ended up being my favourite game ever made. Red Dead Redemption 2, made by wealthiest company in the industry with 25 year long history, was also just delayed. As was pretty much every single game they ever released, sometimes multiple times.

The cover art looks great. Really glad they decided on this concept as the forum voted. It is striking.

I just hope Deep Silver and Warhorse will step up the marketing machine before release, so far there is not quite as much buzz as I would like. I really want this game to suceed so that we can have more great RPGs from central europe.

3 Likes