Kingdom Come Deliverance Release will be on February 13th 2018

Yeah i noticed it first time i saw trailer, but not later. My best guess is, that Mr. Vávra had some minor issues with his monitors while rendering :grin:

Except for some minor stuff, I really like the trailer. Story line being “cliché” is not necessarily bad at all, it all depends on the quality of writing and believability.

As for the release date… when the Beta released, I thought to myself that the game is definitely not getting released in 2016 and possibly not even 2017 if the Beta was representative of the state of the game at the time (Q1 2016). Key elements not working properly, a lot of placeholder stuff, etc. It was also painfully obvious from the way the company has handled communication and video updates - before, we would get regular video updates and the studio was very active, after that, they kinda went a bit silent and refused to comment on the release date.

I don’t regret supporting the game through Kickstarter at all (without it, the game wouldn’t get created, so it was definitely worth it and it’s not like I miss the money), but I have to agree that the PR part of the project has been handled rather poorly, explaining what went wrong and why would have gone a long way. Anyway, as already said, I hope the wait will be worth it. I also hope the game is well optimized and runs smoothly, any technical fuckups would be pretty much inexcusable after such a long time.

I just hope we wont end up in a sort of limbo the next 8 months.

Maybe some news at gamescom, but after that? Lets hope for more developer vlogs and the sporadic live stream

1 Like

I think, KC:D have already stable build and 8 months needed to polishing and release.

The trailer is apparently a great success, it already has over 2 million views combined.

2 Likes

oh boy
I was sitting yesterday at my PC refreshing my browser just to see the moment the views went over 1 mil.

6 Likes

[quote=“Freix, post:68, topic:33059”]
It seems to me that since Mass Effect Andromeda, people started to be extremely critical about animations and compare everything to games like Uncharted 4. Open world game with 1000 NPCs you can talk to can never have perfect animations and lip sync…[/quote]
And you can see that someone who makes such comparisons has no idea of games and their development! Engine, Budget, Experiences and much much more. Nothing which is recognized by most enduser.
If people want such perfect games they have to ask Valve about creating them.
I guess they can create one in the next 50 years XD HL3 Confirmed XD

1 Like

Did Warhorse go to E3 this year, if so I’m intrigued as to the reaction of people attending.

I’d love to go there myself one year, that and San Diego Comi Con.

Warhorse is at E3 and so far, fans are not amused or impressed.

They will have another livestream tomorrow. So lets hope for some new content shown.

Actually I don’t know the reaction of the general public on KCD.
Same with Total war: warhammer. The fans are divided between liking and hating it. But the general public seems okay with warhammer 2, for 60 bucks.
I’m thinking i might be following a few games to closely and am way too exciting and have high expectations of a lot of games and now have a ‘narrow’ view of opinions and hype.

2 Likes

Tobias attended two streams which were pretty short sadly, so actually not much of a new content was seen in them, but Playstation Access did decent job with showing new playthrough from E3 build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFiGeLkp0u8 If I am not mistaken the booth was just for a press this year.

2 Likes

Yes, this is true. On E3 we have meetings with press and media only, and we are totally booked out.

2 Likes

God it looks so amazing <3 I WANT TO PLAY TOO XD

1 Like

any news on the physical items? For instance when they are shipped? Or are the packages shipped at the 13th aswell.

2 Likes