Kingdom Come Deliverance Release will be on February 13th 2018

Would have been nice this year. But I have seen all the improvements so i’m not mad.

Surely it is not first game ever produced.
But I would like to point out that the Kingdom Come: Deliverance were not meant to be yet another game by standard template. And if you try to make things differently in meaningful way, then they could become unpredictable at least in time needed.

1 Like

Many people are complaining about the release date, but I’m glad the game won’t be released until next year. I’ve played the BETA and it still needs some work. I really want the developers to take their time to make this game well. I look forward to playing this game in the future!

i fully agree with you! i will never buy something from then anymore!

No game strives to be ‘yet another game,’ but you are making it sound like WH is trying to do something that’s never been done before so we should excuse either the complete lack of ability to predict the project’s completion date, or the thievery scheme of announcing a false release date just to get more money.

Most (all?) new AAA games try to, in some way, do what has never been done before and many of them say the same thing you are saying - “(this) were not meant to be yet another game,” so I can’t see how that can be used as an excuse.

I am glad that a specific release date was announced and can’t wait to play the finished product. I just hope that the reason for prematurely announcing the release, multiple times through the last couple years, was due to ineptness and not greed.

1 Like

Well the only real problem here is, that this game was kickstarted. That alone is HUGE difference compared to traditionally developed games, because under normal circumstances, you have big portion of game already done when you even start talking about it, so you can predict your release date much better - ergo you can set REALISTIC release date.

When they kickstarted this game, they had shit. They had engine, great ideas, vertical slice of features and demo. BUT they had to give atleast some estimate of release date, which can obviously never be as good estimate as the one that company with almost finished game can give you.
I am absolutely certain, that if every company had to give release dates in the very moment they start producing their games, 90% of them would be wrong. There is so much evidence lately, with either postponed or fatally underdeveloped games, that it really doesn´t need any more justification. Only those announced just few months before actual release will usually hit their first announced release date (and still be fully playable without major bugs or missing features). Thats just the way it is.

So no, I really don´t think that there was any scam. And I really think they tried to give as good estimate as they could, albeit it was probably overly optimistic, but hey, atleast it never was SET release date, it was always just estimate - and they always told it was just estimate.

Now if they miss this SET release window, I will be mad as fuck :smiley: So lets hope

4 Likes

Are you sure?

1 Like

cough Call of Duty cough cough Medal of cough cough cough Honor cough
Ah dammit,mans flu season…

1 Like

DEUS VULT God wills it!

So the people here prefer early released games with bugs and less content than a more future date to everything be polished… Interesting…

What? They put years in development to polish the game and you bitch about it? You play what, minecraft? Jesus…

Go back to COD… Shitty games every year for ya to preorder.

1 Like

nope, joaou. i dont play minecraft - but im glad u bother about it^^
btw - u dont like to be lied? like me or a bunch of other gamers too… look facebock/twitter etc!
warhorse studios failed so hard! and im gone!

Hello Trolly … want to feed? :wink:

1 Like

Cry, baby.

I don’t care about dates if the game launched is good. ME Andromeda was rushed to launch and turned out to be a disaster.

Guys, be friendly to each other. Different people have different opinions, and it’s okay to respect all of them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to strongly disagree with you on that one. AAA games of today are nothing but producers playing it safe by releasing unambitious and unimaginative games with recycled-to-death ideas year after year. What comes to AAA games these days, “do what has never been done before” only applies to technical features such as graphics, audio and animation. Everything else has stalled to a complete halt and there seems to be no revival in sight.

1 Like

…and I will disagree with your disagreement :wink:

However, for the sake of discussion, let’s follow your idea. Let’s say you’re right, and KC:D breaks the stagnation of game ingenuity and will be heralded as a masterstroke of of genius.
Do you feel that that would excuse WH’s total lack of ability to predict the game’s release date? …or, from a more cynical standpoint, their publication of release dates they know they won’t meet, just to get more money?

1 Like

So, very nice trailer and I don’t mind at all about the release date.

However, since no one has mentioned it yet as far as I can see: has anyone else noticed the slight jitter in the (it seems) animations? It feels like the resolution of the animations steps is too large, and so very slow movements will seemingly jitter. Tell me I’m not crazy? Of course I don’t know how it’s actually handled in-engine, but I’d do some smoothing before release (or whatever would apply), because right now it really triggers my “ocd”.