Kingdom Come Deliverance Release will be on February 13th 2018

Voice acting could also be better. Jindrich speaks like he isn’t part of the events.
I also don’t like polovstians: not even close to Tatars.

i just hope the game will be still lucrative for WH, if they have to pay 100 people for 8 month longer

3 Likes

I’ve been OK with the delays given I was expecting to have to wait at least two years or more from the time of backing it on Kickstarter in the first place, even though, according to the page, they stated on the campaign they’d be releasing it that year; oddly a date which I really don’t recall being there at the time of backing the game which was why expected a few years wait at the time; due to the fact I acknowledge how long games take to make and develop.

Though it’s a persons right to say they are unhappy, I personally don’t see the point in hanging around and moaning if you intend to get a refund or have already got a refund.
Simply get your refund and move on; no need to stay and stir the pot of a game you no longer support; to me sitting here bemoaning how you’ve lost faith in the company/game if you have decided to get a refund or have got one is nothing short of a flounce, as the saying goes it’s not an airport you don’t need to announce your departure.

now i have watched the new trailer but i have to say…
idk but it isn’t the same feeling like last year.
I’m very confused about these massive content changes.
Don’t understand me wrong the anims and meshes, textures, MoCap looking very very awesome but it is not the same.
Example, you have changed the hairstyle of Henry and it is not like on this picture anymore

And now i’m scared about the direction of the game goal :-/ srry^^
I hope i will not get an witcher 3 number 2 downgrade game! XD

Well we only saw the game while it was in heavy development, things change. For me they changed for the better.

And them saying we need 8 months more, doesnt point to a downgraded game, especially when it looks this great, Sure the facial animations and lip sync need some love but I guess thats why they need some more time.

1 Like

They changed the hair style because everybody was bitching about it. Not medieval enough.

1 Like

I think they need more time for localisation too. The game has english, german and france voicovers and many more subtitles. The game has a lot of script, thats a lot of work…

I honestly don’t understand the complaints about facial animation and lip sync, which are quite frequent on youtube and elswhere. It seems to me that since Mass Effect Andromeda, people started to be extremely critical about animations and compare everything to games like Uncharted 4. Open world game with 1000 NPCs you can talk to can never have perfect animations and lip sync like corridor games with a few NPCs and everything scripted. When I compare KC:D animations with other open world RPGs, KC:D is definitely not worse. Take for istance Witcher 3, their facial animations are nothing special, yet I have never seen anyone complain about them.

2 Likes

It’s only good they changed it. I would be bitching too if they didn’t.

LOL gaming on a mac

Guys WH is obviously trying to teach us a leason about Bitter Sweet! Henry survived but his family died. We got a release date but it was delayed :stuck_out_tongue: tbh just wait guys. This is a final date. They dare not delay a definite release date after delaying it 4 times!

Well in case of Mass Effect Andromeda. certain animations were a bit meh, combined with the lifeless faces and the bugs that plagued both systems. People were right to complain.

Ofcourse KCD looks alot better other rpg’s. And if the lip sync doesn’t match the line of text, then that is something alot of people can live with. You barely see it anyway. The character animations look really polished and done, in this trailer. It’s just that the faces seem to be not there yet. This could be because of the strange lip sync, im not sure.

But there is no denying it looks amazing graphically, imho it looks better then the witcher 3.

Guess pc version is gold…also guess extra time is becaus consols to polish becaus they want bring out all on same date…

Well it is one thing to be bitching about the unending delays. Quite frankly I have no expectations of release and this unending story doesn’t get on my nerves anymore.

What pisses me off though are those guys whom I recommended to back the game back when the release was set for 2015 and then 2016. I hate to be the fool and this is the position WH has put me into.

I can definitely understand the disappointment of not having a KC:D release this year but am happy that they finally gave a specific date. I am very new to KC:D, having purchased the game only a few months ago.

I guess the one question on my mind is, "What was the reason BEHIND the continual delays?"
Was it due to WH being so horribly bad at predicting when the game would actually be finished that they could miss the release date by several years? Or, was it to create hype and generate more income for WH?
If it’s the first reason, then the WH project management team needs to go back to school since it’s difficult for me to fathom how they can fail so horribly at meeting deadlines.
If it’s the latter, then WH should be ashamed. Announcing a release date that you have no intention of keeping, in order to generate more income, is completely dishonest and amounts to nothing more than a thievery scheme. Even when the unscrupulous just wave it off as ‘business as usual,’ no amount of ale at the pub will ever erase this fact.

On the bright side, at least we now can make a reason for the absence of blacksmithing. The sword that was made by Henry and his father, and used to almost mortally would him, was stolen by the primary antagonist. The story could go that Henry doesn’t want to even touch a hammer and anvil until he gets that sword back and pays retribution to those that murdered his family.

It is certainly the latter.

LOL not knowing you can game on a Mac.

uhmmm… what school? There is no “Production of AAA games with many first-to-be-seen features” school in Czech Republic…
Some things are just hard to guess, and when doing something like this, guessing is all you got. You can ask your departments how long they need, they will give you a guess - estimate. This way, you take 10 guesses, and make one big guess. The best thing you can do, is take this guess, and make it double - but even then, you are in no way guaranteed that you will make it, because when one department makes their guess wrong, all departments that rely on the first (lets say, engine programmers will be the first) will be delayed aswell… Thats why all good developers say “When its done, its done” without any expected release dates.

Now, if they announce KCD2 or smthing, their release date will be much more realistic - they now have functioning pipelines, they know each other, they know their limits, they know their tech, they know what they can and can´t do, they have workflow setups and such things, so it will be much easier to make any estimates - but for new studio with new IP in basically new genre, there was no such thing.

3 Likes

uhmmm…ANY school.
In any kind of management class you must learn to predict and forecast. This may be the first game that the WH project management team has done but it’s not the first game ever produced. As humans, we have the capacity to learn and extrapolate from other humans’ past experiences. When I manage a project, I look at my past history. If I have no experience with this particular project, I look to others’ experience.
If I was on the WH project team from the beginning, I would have studied game development and project management for months straight. I would have been having constant virtual meetings or even taken flights to anywhere I needed, to meet those experienced enough to give insights into the game design flow and timing.

1 Like

That was an awesome trailer, can’t wait till February 13 to play the full release of the game. Just wanted to say as someone who has studied game design I know how hard it can be to create a game. A game of this magnitude and daring is going to have hiccups and that should not only be expected but is needed to make an already stunning game polished so the players enjoy seamless gameplay that is immersive. Just seeing the beta and all the stuff you already have implemented in the time you have had to make this game in one word, amazing. The attention to detail this game has is spectacular and I bet all of us gamers who are itching to play the full release will be completely overjoyed with it and the wait will be well worth it. Keep going strong WH!

1 Like