Kingdom Come (Steam PC) crash after a couple of seconds spend on map or in inventory

I have a problem with Kingdom Come game on Steam. The game is crashing after a couple seconds spend in inventory, map or journal. The game is not crashing when I just play without opening the map or inventory . It just freezes, I need to kill it from task manager. Using Bordeless option with Very High Graphic settings. I’m not using any mods. I’m using CPU x3700, GPU 2070 Super, 16 GB RAM, M2 SDD. Ultrawide 2560x1080 75Hz with GSync On, Sound Blaster X G6 USB. I set limit FPS to 72 in 3D NVIDIA Settings (for GSync). Newest GPU and Sound Card drivers. MSI Afterburner with Rivatuner (also tried to close the Afterburner + Rivatuner - didn’t worked). CPU is not overclocked. RAM is a little OC, but it’s stable and tested in all other games - passed also PORT ROYAL STRESS TEST in 3D Mark.

When I use Fullscreen instead of Borderless - when it crash sometimes this error is show “dxgi_error_device_hung” and some times it’s just frozen.

I tried to set in NVIDIA 3D Settings for the game only - User Maximum Performance. It worked for some time - I used map and inventory. Then I loaded other save point, and just after load is completed - frozen.

It’s a real pain!

Even reinstalled Windows 10… Didn’t worked. The game is f**** up at least for my rig.

There is topic perhaps about this issue with Ryzen. What I understood disabling SMT solved it. Though I can see that is not ideal.

I found a possible solution (for now it works). You need to disable any FPS limiter, because with FPS limiter when you open a map or the inventory - with fps limiter the GPU core frequency starts to drop and after some time it freezes. When I disabled FPS limiter it stays high.
I believe that it’s the game fault - but if someone has a problem with freezing game when using map or inventory - disable FPS limiter to maintain high usage of your GPU.

What kind of FPS limiter did you use? I tried to limit it with the Vsync in the menu and then open the map but have no freezes. Open / close it, move on the map, let it open for some time… nothing.

I have i5 4570 16GB RAM and RTX2070 (not the super version - thx nvidia!) So I still think it is the Ryzen 3xxx series. Maybe in combination with the map.

I was using RivaTunerStatistics or in Nvidia 3D settings (new feature in newest drivers). In both the same problem was present.

Why do I use FPS limiter? To benefit from GSync.
When you want to benefit from GSync you need to limit your FPS just under your native refresh frequency of your monitor. I have 75hz so I set my fps limit to 72 FPS. If the FPS would hit 75 or higher then Gsync stops working.

The VSync is set off, it’s something different. Gsync is much better than VSync (input lag and huge discomfort when FPS drops under the VSync native Hz).

And now game froze during a cutscene. F***!!!
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
Probably I wasted my money on addons, it’s not playable.

I set in NVIDIA 3D Settings for this game to use max efficiency on GPU. Maybe it will help. Definnetly there is a problem when GPU is dropping MHz on Idle moments (like map, Inventory, cutscenes).