Laughable experience

I was ultra-hyped for this day, when I was about to buy this game and here we go.

My Computer has a gtx 1070 ; intel core i7.6 and 16 gb of ram. I run this game so poorly (28fps) that my head hurts
everytime I launch it. I hoped to get a beta, that is at least playable as it is realeased and sold as the game currently.

I hope this will soon be fixed.

What’s the resolution you are playing, and are you playing with high quality?
How much Anti Aliasing are you use?
How much fps you got on other modern games and quality settings?

On everything else i play with 60 fps max graphics, I have a gaming monitor in a 1366x760 resolution. No other modern game runs like this

For you and many other, because I see this topic open everyday. Beta will not be updated, the final game is optimzed already. Announcement of announcement of final game will be in a week.

Ok, you are playing in a low resolution, so this may not the problem.
Sure the game is not optimized yet, it’s very difficult to say why the performance is on some systems poor, and on others great.
Hope some one can give you a tip to boost your performance!

Nice to read! Yay! :blush:
Edit: Ok, i’ve read it, 9th June… thx

Bosswave
3h

I was ultra-hyped for this day, when I was about to buy this game and here we go.

My Computer has a gtx 1070 ; intel core i7.6 and 16 gb of ram. I run this game so poorly (28fps) that my head hurts
everytime I launch it. I hoped to get a beta, that is at least playable as it is realeased and sold as the game currently.

I hope this will soon be fixed.

You seem to have not known what you were ‘buying’. You bought the game and also were granted access to the Beta. An old Beta at that, too. You’re not playing the game yet.

Players of Beta offerings today seem to expect that they are getting a pre-release of the finished game. Maybe that’s a good thing inasmuch as many games have Beta stages that are pretty close to the final release. Kingdom Come:Deliverance is not offering a Beta that is close to the release product.

Beta should mean “If II play it, I should expect to have a beta tester’s experience”. Not “Great! I’ll play the game early!”.

Your disappointment could have been avoided by checking out the forums and arming yourself with info about the state of Beta for this game. Your “laughable experience” was completely avoidable but you neglected to find out what was what; I’m sorry but this is your fault not the Beta’s or anyone elses.

I hope we all have an incredible experience playing KC:D when it is finished and released, but in 2017, there’s every easy opportunity to arm yourself with info about things like this. The lesson here is “look before you leap”. You leaped and then looked. That’s the trouble with experience: it gives the test first and then teaches the lesson later.

1 Like

Incorrect. I did a lot of research before I bought the game and no…I did know this is the BETA and I did know that it will not represent the actual game. What I didn’t know is that they have left it completely unchanged since a lot. That’s very unfortunate.

''Your disappointment could have been avoided by checking out the forums and arming yourself with info about the state of Beta for this game. Your “laughable experience” was completely avoidable but you neglected to find out what was what; I’m sorry but this is your fault not the Beta’s or anyone elses."

I was on the forums for about 3 weeks. I did all the research needed. As I mentioned bellow, I am blaming no one, but the guy who thought leaving the BETA outdated would be a great idea.

And yet you try to tell me that you did, quote, " a lot of research before I bought the game"? But you still didn’t know the state of Beta? You are asking me to believe that. You did a lot of ‘research’ but still didn’t know the facts? Okay. Who’s fault was that, again? The developers were supposed to have a personal briefing for you, to let you know info that is all over the forums you “researched”? Sorry, that’s pretty darn shaky.I don’t quite believe it.

And I didn’t say that you did not know it was Beta. I’m beginning to think your problem is understanding what you read.

Maybe autism? Try talking to a bot online, you might find it suitable for you. At least it will give as pointless answers as yours. You keep up making up untold things by my writings. Never asked you anything. I don’t care about you. Just stating that I though the game over before buying it, but there was no clear text saying “…the beta is completely unchanged, beware…”. With such a useless beginning, I ain’t bothering to tell what the rest of your message is.

So first of: There are ways to communicate nicer and not let a conversation escalate :slight_smile:

Now to the state of the BETA: This is what DrFusselpulli wrote in another post:
“the last update was in March 2016, as far as I remember correctly. Since then we focus on the release version, because updating the Beta would cost a lot of time, without contributing and progress to the final release version. We are a small studio compared to the scale of the game, and we have to use our rescources quite cleverly.”

(OT: You own a GTX 1070 and a monitor with a resolution of 1366x760? Why?)

1 Like

Oh, I did not type it correctly. It is 1920x1080. The one I wrote earlier will be replaced (this resolution is my laptop’s). Also, thanks a lot for the info. Still, when I play the game, I see my resolution changing. It does not look normal (a bit more pixelated), but it says that it’s running on my resolution.

3 Likes
1 Like