Layering system and medieval clothing explained [lots of pictures]

i rest my case.

“most likely” is not evidence or proof of any kind. furthermore, you have to show that it occurred in bohemia. no contemporary accounts or manuscripts support that notion.

the only thing you can say is that the earliest known armet was from italy 1420. everything else is unsubstantiated. so no “circa 1403”, dear

I’m not trying to show that it was in Bohemia at the time. I’m showing that it existed at the time. I’m done feeding you. Have a good day.

except no evidence points to its existence at the time. you still have all your work ahead of you.

by your logic, you must think ak-47 was used in ww2 since it’s only off by a few years. :wink:

That example is bad since technological progress was much faster in the 20th century than in the 15th century… :wink:

I think you guys should calm down. I know that some real history nerds are here but I just want a nice game. I don’t care if there are weapons which were invented 10 years later. Come on, that’s overachieving. Warhorse should integrate whatever they see fit.

6 Likes

actually, it’s very fitting. since the difference is 17 years. and my example was 2 years. i adjusted it for rate of technological progression.

also armet wasn’t even widespread until much later in the middle of the century.

Maybe, but fashion progress was no slower and this is a combination of the two. We’re talking potentially two decades until the “before it was cool” people were wearing them in a game subtitled 1403 and set in the backwateriness capital of the world. Since there’s an abundance of gear that is actually appropriate for the period, the game can probably do without armets.

1 Like

I agree.

I think we would’ve seen more firearms during the Hussite wars than armet helmets.

That said, was Bohemia a backwater country back then?

Sure it can do without them. I don’t question that. But in case Warhorse takes them in for whatever reason I wouldn’t care as well. That might not be the case for such a small “fashion” issue like armets but maybe in other parts of the game. I love their historical accuracy but sometimes it’s imo better to implement some fun and entertaining stuff into the game even if it’s not 100% historically correct (maybe tech of some years later like her or something). In the end it’s still a game and it’s first and primary goal is to fun and entertaining and not to replace some actual history lessons. It’s not a documentary or anything along these lines. The AC games for example did a great job of showing quite accurat historic settings (apart from the Assassin’s “superpowers” of course) but they also made concessions to make the game more fun and entertaining. For example they added the cathedral in Havana to AC4 although it was built some years later than the time the game takes place. Imho that’s ok. I know it’s a thin line and some history nerds will maybe hate me for that but personally, I think historic accuracy is less important than everything what makes the game better in terms of gameplay… :wink:

2 Likes

You mean technically? No, I don’t think so. Prague was the capital of the HRE at that time and among the most important cities of late medieval times. They bought their armory from Swabian and Italian armorers mostly of course…

1 Like

Totally agree with this!
I really like the immersive way (god may strike me down if I dare to use the word “accurate” again in this forum) of creating an appropriate atmosphere in this game but reading some of the discussions here in several threads I think some people forget that this project is still a game with the aim of entertaining people.
Although they (and we) want a realistic setting, story and lore it isn’t such a problem to sacrifice some realism in favor of some enriching gameplay/content.

If this project would be about creating an education software for showing an exact reflection of this time, then yes… then it would be worth it to be sooo nitpicking about it. But this is not the case.

1 Like

Well AC has something along the line of a Historically accurate setting or background while Kingdom Come: Deliverance claims actual historical accuracy.

I would rather have them stay true to that and perhaps publish another Kingdom Come game in another setting where armets and sallets with bevor were seen.

Something set during the Burgundian wars would be great since there is a lot of first hand documentation of it (think Philip de Commines) and sadly has been left out of video game or movie adaptations.

PS, I have a question for someone with a little more knowledge of Eastern Europe and specifically Bohemia Anno 1403: Were the Tartars still raiding and plundering Bohemia in 1403?

1 Like

Well, imo KCD actually primarily claims to have no fantastical elements. That doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be 100% historically accurate although some people seem to think so… :wink:

Maybe so but I suggest you look at the thread on moors and whatnot and you see a developer posted something in regard to accuracy.

They did not browse through wikipedia for five minutes but actually use academic material.

1 Like

I know that. But that doesn’t automatically mean that they will follow a 100% accuracy route. As I said, gameplay is much more important than 100% historical correctness, no matter how much good information you have. :wink:

1 Like

Ofcourse there aren’t any devil from tartarus, this is a dungeon and no-dragon game isn’t devils and no dragons :stuck_out_tongue: But if you mean Tatars from central Asia and other Altaic people i dont know.

Oh yeah that’s what I meant the horse riding steppe people. Not the meat with raw egg thing.

sigismund was king of hungary and there were lots of tatars who settled in hungary i assume that’s why nobles called them “sigismund’s barbarians” as they were probably being sent to bohemia to raid the villages and cause havok for the nobles who may still be sympathetic to wencesalus, in preparation for subjugation.

Oh that would bring a whole new culture to the game if we get to see them.

Are you sure about them being Tatars not Cumans and Kipchaks that fleed from Tatars?

I was always under the impression that Tartar was a blanket term.