Learning counterattack

Cant’t learn to counterattack while blocking with more than one type of weapons. After learnin how to counterattack with sword, and starting learning this technique with mace or axe, after Robard says it’s now my turn and starts to attack slowly, all that character do is perfect block, newer a counterattack. In combat outside training ground only can counterattack with sword, and it doesn’t works with mace or axe.

2 Likes

Same problem here.
Great Patch :frowning:

Eh what? I can counterattack with my warhammer no problem, it just doesn’t happen as often as perfect block, what is your sword/ mace/ axe skill? If your skill and level is lower than your enemy, you won’t really be able to. Once you get your weapon skill to around 15 you should be able to do it more often.

Eh this. Read the topic more carefully and then tell something. If your character learned this before patch 1.3, it is not about this topic.

Skill level is 20 at all weapon type. And more to it - this technique depends on Defence skill, not weapon skill. Even if it is lower than your opponent’s, it is still possible to do it, only the time gap to press the button is smaller.

You didn’t mention the patch, my character learned before the patch yes, but I can consistently do it after the patch. I thought it was the weapon skill which determined, thank you for clarifying that. I read the topic, nothing I said was not about the topic because you didn’t mention it was a problem which occurs because of the patch :slight_smile:

Well, if it was as you took it at first, wouldn’t i describe it like “it worked before but no more”? That’s about reading carefully, and, perhaps, about reading skill. Try stealing some books))

What are you even talking about? What is it that I missed? I was just trying to help dude, the topic was “Learning Counterattack”, not very informative? Tell me exactly what I missed because I don’t see it lol. Why so arrogant.

I’m talking about understanding post BEFORE giving any ansver to it. Logic is needed to perform this. The topic HEAD is “Learning counterattack”, the topic itself is just a couple cantimeters below, and i was hoping people gonna read this part as well. And there’s even a DATE in it, imagine? You should take it into account to understand the issue too, you know. That is one of the most important things in supporting a product undertacking updates. So you read the head, you read the question, note the posting date, then use logic just a little. It is common to expect people to use logic, if they have at least some head. This allowes you not to speakto people for hours trying to convey a simple thought to them. Why are you so arrogant - i can only presume, man. Why am i this way - it’s usual not to like any foolishness or uselessness in where i’m from, and not to give it tolerance. You was both.

Allex I reckon rudeness is coming most from you, buddy, please, be covil and maybe respectful of those whose time you take.
I read the heading.
I read the blurb…
Based on what I read I formulated all sorts of scenarios that would explain it (maybe maces and axes havn’t the equivalent move sets due to the nature of their weapons), even reread the post for clarification (“starting out with mace and ax”)- i magically missed someof the version information and information you were makingbout was easy to discern.
Expecting logic and having people give you that much thought, for free, isnt a given…
But telling people to go steal books to be good enough to read your messages is a bit rich especially given they aint nothing special or as well written as you claim… irrelevant of where you come from; being rude intentionally in the argument of efficiency is still just being rude…

Anyhow youve had some great answers.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I was posting about this all day yesterday and no one responded. The latest patch definitely introduced this problem and so far I have not found a solution. From a fresh game the only master strike that will work is with Long Swords.

1 Like

I’m not your buddy, thanks to everything.
I take noones time, anyone apart from tech support ansvers by their own will. Don’t like it - don’t waste your precious time.

Well, it must be you spent wery little time in the game, and you obviously didn’t read niether post nor one of my replyes above, sayng there is a possibility in the game to start learning this techniques for mace and axe with teacher at training ground and saying “it worked before”. There’s nothing in the “nature of the weapon” that’s ain’t allowing counterattack with it.

If you both missed obviuos things - it’s a sad thing about you two, fellas, really sad. Only concidering this as “that much thought” is sadder.

As i said, it is given where i’m from to use one’s head at least a little, and absolutely for free. And noone was forcing niether of you to write back.

About the books to steal - it was a little joke for those played the game. And to get it takes a little logic too. Again, for free.
And about being rude - that was a pile of garbage you said there.

Anyhow i had some nothing from you two but dull babling. You said nothing of at least some value.

The problem with it for me is when I go train master strike with swords the tutorial works. But if you try using it in combat with a short sword it will not work, a long sword will counter fine though. Then if you try and train Axe or Mace the tutorial will start but you will not be able to perform the master strike regardless how good you are. It is simply bugged Bernard will keep swinging at you for 5 minutes until the tutorial force closes and you still do not have master strike. I’m close to 300 hours playtime and have absolutely no problem performing a master strike. Only yesterday when the patch came out has it been a problem. I encourage anyone who doesn’t believe it to start a new game before responding.

3 Likes

Yes-of value- you are pretty rude. You insult like you are smarter or all the people you know are inhuman.

We do have to read your words if we wish to try and help
If your words were written for your intended audience politely, you might reel in a few helpful answers.
Good luck with that; and you are right, I stand corrected- we are not buddies-grins

Now I know the people where you come from would look down on you if you wasted your super efficient time chasing off topic banter.
Illogical and inefficient.
No need. Really.

Same thing.

1 Like

There is no way to insult by stating facts. If this facts are insulting for you - it’s your fault.

In what way are you going to help while not being one of the developers? By saying your condolances? Moopy at least broadened topic by adding to description of the problem, and only thing you do here is babling nothing.

My words to my audience are polite - they are in post itself. You’re not of my audience 'cause you know nothing of what i asked.

Ah, but don’t worry about me. It was a bit of fun. You should offer your service to someone who wish to feel clever - allmost anybody will look that way in front of you. Maybe you’ll even get some money for it.

Back to topic.

Since Patch 1.3.1 (PC) you cant learned counterstrikes from Bernard. If you train with him Axe or Mace, it dont work. Before this Patch it worked.
It is a bug.

Sorry for my Bad english

2 Likes

It wont work on short sword either.

1 Like

Only longsword worked for me

Geez, can we have a normal and civil conversation with normal language that people actually use for speaking/ chatting. I was asking what point I missed, not for you to tell me I missed it due to lack of logical thinking, chill out mate I am not out to get you, I don’t bite lol.

Thank you lol, people think bold language gives them the upper hand or whatever, this is why I hate political debates.