Let! Me! Save!

Thiis is just like the archery hate post. “WHY DOES HIS HAND SHAKE SO MUCH! WHERE ARE THE TRAJECTORY LINES! THIS BUG NEEDS TO BE FIXED!”

Agreed. And to everyone commenting about “Save Scumming”, I have two points:

1: Why do you care? If you don’t want to play that way, then don’t play that way. Does it bother you if someone else does want to play that way? Why? Why do you care how other people are playing the same game you are?

2: The way to avoid save scumming is not with less saving but with more saving, like in Dark Souls. Just have the game constantly saving everything you do. Then if it crashes, it’s OK, you didn’t lose more than a second or so of game play. If you mess up a heist and get caught, there’s no just quitting or loading to try again. If my power goes out and I haven’t slept in a bed in 2 hours, I don’t lose that played time where there was no option to “just pause the game” or “just sleep in a bed” or “stop save scumming you wimp who is not as awesome as I am”.

3 Likes

@slepot Awesome! Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it doesn’t help us console folks. :frowning:

4 Likes

I totally agree… Saving is sooooo annoying. I want to use my save drink whenever I want. The game does not allow me to use it while in an event (tried using it before having the archery contest with the snobbish Lord after the archery training at the beginning of the game sort of).
If I want to redo, I have to go all the way back.

3 Likes

Well thats exactly the point. Its interestint to see how game pans out when there are no re-dos :slight_smile:

I concur entirely. It’s not immersive, because you’re basically saying, rather than having a mechanic the world is so used to as to be practically invisible, my character can create time-juice. One swig and he’s back in time. Ridiculous. It’s not practical, because I have a real life and a demanding job and if I suddenly have to join a meeting or something, I need to be able to quit my game. If you want to create a wide-release game, don’t create mechanics that appeal only to the ultra-hardcore. Some of us have to do things at a moment’s notice and can’t play games that get in the way. This is a classic developer oversight, where you climb so far up your own ass, and live so long in your bubble, that you forget the player. It’s probably the worst example of it I’ve seen. Given the nature of my work, for me admittedly it gets in the way more than most, but it’s going to be nothing but a nuisance to the vast, vast, VAST majority of people Fanboys here who disagree are in a tiny minority. Don’t forget these forums are the playground of die hard fans.

8 Likes

Yes, that is what the dev mentioned before too. But in reality (of playing the game in such a way) it is not the best

1 Like

The best thing to do would be to give the player the option at the start of the game to either play Casual mode (save whenever you want) or Ironman mode (the current beds and schnapps save style).
That way they could broaden the appeal of this game to a much wider audience by satisfying both camps.

7 Likes

Absolutely. And it would be piss-easy to implement. I say this as a developer myself.

+1 Totally agree. It’s the only downside I see for now (bugs and stuff are normal for this kind of game at launch, as long as you correct them). Especially the price of the drink is ridiculous. At least the ability to save on exit! It’s not usable enough as it is, please hear us, Warhorse! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i really dont like this at all as stated above we have real lives and we need to do things
and the bed must be a bed we own or have the right to sleep in not just some random bed
i know they want immersion but ITS A GAME!!! chill out the rest of the game does that just give us a save

1 Like

enable saving ASAP this is really … stupid from you guys did you discussed about option to save game ? i mean this is terrible really terrible. i tried to find console command for saving the game but it doesnt work anymore

1 Like

Let it be known my opinion. I am happy with how it is we save.

have you ever paid for electricity once in your lifetime? have you ever used your pc to work? have you ever thought on environmental issues with high electricity consumption. also i dont want to hear my pc when sleeping… i voted for this kind of save-system but having no save-on-exit is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

yes, I have a child, I need to save the game and continue some other time, please let me save

4 Likes

and what the hell are those advices of yours guys ? let your pc/console running for hours? and let burn my pc? of course :smiley:

3 Likes

At least give us an Exit-save, if WH wants this to be brutal OK fine, but at least let me close the game to make dinner when I’m hungry and pick up where I left off. Also I agree with OP, I get WHs desire to prevent people from being cheap about trying things over and over again but I think thats up to the player, if you want to be cheap or make it hard on yourself then thats a matter of player agency. Maybe a compromise is different game modes, one that is like “survival mode” and another that is “casual”? At the very least give us exit-saves, even Fallout 4’s survival mode does that, its too much without it.

7 Likes

My good Sir, If you're sick of the save system, here's a guide to fix it

I definitely find that I’m sleeping a lot here and there to get those saves… and it’s making me much more cautious in how I approach every situation. Schnappsaving only when I really have to. It’s an added edge to the game which certainly makes you far more weary and mindful.

So far I’m enjoying the notion

1 Like

I assume you have no real-life responsibilities, then? Because that is OP’s and other people’s problem. Not within the game, but outside of it. It wouldn’t have been a problem if there was a simple save-on-exit.

1 Like