Livesteam, Thursday 12th of July 2018, 5pm CEST

Yes, nothing too crazy or overdone, just a few options as you said to make it look more as your separate and individual home, as when you put some posters or paintings in a house to get some personality and feel it more cozy (medieval stuff in this case). I’m more concerned about the lost potentiality of the DLC for gameplay reasons than cosmetics, but if you’re selling a pricey potato, at least bake it well and add some spices for looking better haha

1 Like

I’ve been suggesting a couple of armor or weapon displays. It would really give Pribyslavitz that nice touch of “home”

4 Likes

Adding a mechanism to display a few belongings to make a place feel like home… unless it’s a technical nightmare, not sure why the pushback is so strong. And if it is a technical nightmare (like enabling mounted units appears to be), users can handle the truth

1 Like

Hmm. Interesting info.
I bought FtA, but have yet to start it, and I didn’t catch the live stream today.
Sounds somewhat to me as though Tobi and Prokop were taking the same attitude as my European co-workers take when dealing with we Americans. “We know better than you do, so this is the way it is and it is best”.
I hate to stereotype, but…

if on PC don’t use mods when running it. and away from it may affect some mods.

Stereotypes suck in any of the flow directions… I’ve also seen the opposite as you said, even between europeans (northern europeans vs southern europeans)…

Warhorse still have to prove that they really listen to their community demands, or at least not get a biased impression for the sake of their interests.

1 Like

Demands? That’s strong.

Is being candid a cultural construct or personal tendency? I don’t care about its source; I just want WH to be candid.

@ProkyBrambora it’s obvious Tobi and Prokop didn’t have time address all the questions on Reddit, elsewhere and here. Can WH provide some responses to the questions listed in this forum topic?

3 Likes

Haha You’re right, probably demands is too strong… I meant constructive community feedback and improvement suggestions. I didn’t like that they used too often the idea of doing this DLC as people wanted it and if the gesture was a favour to community while charging money, but after the drawback and despite the detailed and specific feedback (many of you made very valid points), they’ll barely change anything but to add a grindstone and fix bugs… That’s contradictory, if so they’d be changing it already for their people, but it seems they don’t want to admit its own failure… but hey, we got some money income with the lack of info and hype/expectations!

One of major Warhorse phylosophy aspects was their honesty, humbleness and transparency, but we saw the opposite with this DLC. Future will tell if they still keep their feet on the ground after the main game success.

5 Likes

A vignette comes to mind: a gal tells guy she’d like to eat out this weekend… nice place, nice food. guy thinks about it. the weekend comes. he takes her to the corner pub. she’s glad she’s not stuck at home with what she had, but she’s not really happy with the selection. she doesn’t have anything against the peeps or the fish and chips or the beer or the quaintness of the place. it’s just not what she meant, and she tells the guy. the guy is none to happy to receive the feedback. he becomes a little curt in response and tells her ‘well, dammit you said you wanted to dine out. the food, the people and the place are fine. I just don’t get what’s wrong’

Pretty much! Even better if the guy is the cook and can’t understand he didn’t cook well haha Like keep saying: “My friends liked it… Maybe you should put some salt on it.” If only…

2 Likes

Which, cynically, would be akin to having DLC you want to sell, and then asking if anyone wants it, and then saying you created it because they wanted it.

The guy wants to go to the pub, but creates a notion of agency, ‘do you want to go out (pub, pub, pub)!’

WH not addressing certain questions, simply by refuting the question due to the form it took (eg wording difference between ‘skill tree’, and ‘perks’- when the question is about archery… the answer should be about archery… not the choice of words to ask…

Id like to believe this is cultural differences (some languages have word order laid out very differently, and if english is a second language or not default way of thinking,… interpretation of the question askers’ intent might be off.

Or they might simply be tired/stressed.
Frozen has a song ‘bit of a fixer upper’, that reminds viewers people dont always act their best due to situational distress…
They might have been euphoric/high or buzzing on coffee.

What I do believe-
If you are excited for a product release and want to talk positive about it… and have never heard any negativity from the people immediately around you (surrounded by ‘yes’ men), a negative attitude can catch you off guard and destroy momentum and natural delivery.

It could have been really zoning to pick up an air of negativity when you expect to be met with roses.

Do the people love us?
Rasputin ‘yes, of course they adore you’!

Creative types should be nurtured. Surround with positivity.
Marketing types, should then at least address questions after some reflection and thought towards creating positive spin.
BS it might be- but there is nothing worse than being ignored.

3 Likes