Livesteam, Thursday 8th of September 2016, 7pm CEST

How it looks with publisher? Do you have it? When you expect you will have publisher? Or there will be more publisher for different region?

1 Like

Just one hour left till the livestream on www.twitch.tv/warhorsestudios starts :slight_smile:
I am collecting your questions.

3 Likes

Will there be handgonnes and crossbows? Also, which problems does saadak cause? And will kuyaks be added?

2 Likes

I was imagining fight with knight in full plate armour. It could be really fun to first pierce his armor using misericorde and then strike a deadly blow.

2 Likes

And we are LIVE! Go on www.twitch.tv/warhorsestudios to watch our livestream with @T0_8I and Ondƙej right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the news. It was really interesting. :smile:
Of course you can’t satisfy me, because now there are poping up new questions in my brain. :smiling_imp:

Nice job keep on going.

4 Likes

You can ask them tomorrow in the weekly torch :smiley:

Thank you all for joinging the stream. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Aaaaand
, I missed the stream!

4 Likes

Thats sad because we answered your question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you answer now, please? I humbly implore you.

You can watch the stream again
 https://www.twitch.tv/warhorsestudios/v/88260287
And:
https://youtu.be/CgTqvtXZBMw

2 Likes

How long till its up on Youtube?

Well, having dagger as just insta-kill stealthy weapon is rather stupid, as for me.

2 Likes

It will be on youtube tomorrow.

2 Likes

@TobiTobsen

Thank you for the video and all the interessing answers. :slight_smile:

Now we know:

1. A halberd is too big for a pocket

2. If your reading skill is too low, you can only guess the meaning of the text

3. Bug hunting(QA) is a full time job. (@ProkyBrambora What the hell are you doing in the forum? Back, back to work!!!) :wink:
6 Likes

@DrFusselpulli Just to make sure I understand it correctly, dagger could not be used to attack if the target is aware of you even if he or she is unramed?

It had been used in fight so I’m curious about the reason why is done that way in Kingdom Come.
And I think that many players would wonder if they come to an opponent with dagger in their hand and could do nothing while the opponent then knock them use just his bare hands.

5 Likes

I can do multiple things at one moment.
For example I can debug whole quest while ending you rightly

1 Like

We decided to do it this way. So let’s call it a design decision. The dagger is OP in stealth, but useless in combat. AND! We don’t even have dagger fighting animations :slight_smile: (didn’t mocap it). So unfortunately this is one of many compromises we have to do in KCD. But on the other hands it adds a bit of
 let’s say
 tactical decision to the game. I know some may not like
 but I actually do
 tough I never play any "thief"
character in games, so I wouldn’t use the dagger anyway.

Consoles, consoles

Why not put aside these silly one button instant kills and just make it real time action with real physical calculations, just like it is in normal combat. For example, you sneak behind someone unaware, not wearing helmet, and just hit him in the head with your sword or axe. Or you pull a dagger and strike at his neck. Aren’t this going to be an instant kill? Why you have to crouch behind him and trigger a pre-scripted dagger animation? And what if this person notices you just before you strike him? As far as I understood, then you can’t just stab him in the chest or face before he could even shout or pull his weapon and be done with it? No, you have to forget the dagger in your hand, leave the surprise and start battling
 No logic. Aren’t you the ones who constantly told how these genre cliches should be broken?

I don’t believe that mo-capping daggers would be that hard to do, given the fact you already have big experience with multiple weapons. Besides, you got enough time to do it - TBA 2017 means till the end of the year, so it makes 15 months for developing. Sincerely, why not?

P.S. In the Beta, at the starting village, I experimented with instant sword kills in real time. I stood behind a civil NPC and stroke its head. One woman fell instantly dead, which is to be expected. But one fisherman I had to hit 3 times to his naked head until he fell dead?! That’s ridiculous. As I said elsewhere, a full powered swing to a naked head should result in an instant kill, at least when the person is unaware. No matter if the swing is made from in-front or behind the NPC, if it is not expecting the attack and you hit it in the head (and mostly, unprotected vital body parts as well), NPC should go down.

Its quite interesting given the fact that all npc should have the same HP
 weird