Livestream discussion

@GrandMasta He was certainly in God mode. So he couldn’t die.

The models and the texturing are amazing. Couldn’t see any repetitive patterns on the walls. Looks all very natural.

3 Likes

I also think he was in god mode because the fight was really weird if not.
That slow motion when defending is weird too. I really don t like that.

I got almost sick trying to follow the chat box :smile:

I hope there will be more coat colors for horses cause right now they only show black ones.

But the video is really great so far. Can’t wait to play the game.

To sad that you could only watch the stream with a proxy function, because it was blocked by our “beloved” gema in germany. Where was the chat they were mentioning?

But anyway, this was just awesome. Please Warhorse, keep up your love for details. This game will be mind-blowing! Can’t wait for the alpha.

Its online the entire stream. (not sure if for germans also)

Really hope that there are sheaths for the weapons in the final version. It’s really distracting having a sword magically floating at someones hip.

1 Like

I loved it.

Few things i did notice:

• No scabbards. But that simply must be something that is simply not there yet.
    But the swords clearly don’t effect the way characters move. Try sitting in a chair with a sword and then stand up fast like “our” lord did when we fist meat him. They should have people taking off their swordbelt and putting against the wall instead.
    When the knight we follow kneel, the sword clips into the ground. Doing some mocap af a guy wearing a sword kneeling would be a good idea.
  • Mail armor don’t “rest” on the person wearing it. can be seen when “we” talk with the first guard trying to get into the castle. There is a clear space between the guards arm and the inside of the mail.
  • The road tracks is too modern. With two earth stripes and grass in the middle. A cart pulled by one animal will not make the same tracks like a car. The animal will damage the ground more than the wheels.

But they got two years to make this better, so Iam just even more looking forward to this than before.

1 Like

I dindt saw a chat (in germany, but with proxy)

The only thing I noticed was that all the pigeon cots seemed to be the same model, hope there’ll also be a little variation in such smaller detail.

Won’t work for the Germans without proxy - god, I just hate the damn GEMA. But thank you for the link anyway :wink:

@Tomohare:The link doesn’t work for germans, but thats no problem. I saw the live stream with a trick, proxytube.

@Saladan: I believe the chat was “in youtube”? And it doesn’t show up for us because we used a proxy-program for watching the stream.

All in all looking good, animations are not too bad considering that this is still pre Alpha.
Some clipping but then again I would think that those will be tidied up in a later build. Looking forward to seeing how it will look with PBR.
The one cringe making bit for me was the archery, being an archer I found it well off being how one draws and looses an arrow from a bow.
On a lesser “bit” was mounting the horse from the right side - with a sword on your hip it gets in the road when you try to swing your leg over.

It’s mainly Youtube blocking videos precautionary to prevent trouble with GEMA. But they must have a stupid filter that blocks videos without sense.
But it’s the GEMAs fault that Youtube have to do it. So i don’t like them too.

Looked good especially at such an early stage.
First jump into kickstarter. Watched for a bit (the kickstarter campaign) and then CR and Star Citizen throwing some weight behind should help.

I was quite impressed considering this is still in a pre-alpha stage. The landscape looked beautiful, the towns looked ruddy like a period town should, and even at this simple level there were NPCs roaming around adding to the ambiance. It was surprising to see some of the story-driving cutscenes included and voiced; I didn’t think they’d be that far into the build of the game. Seeing this view of game makes me really want to play the alpha (it’ll be a long six months).

After hearing the original dialogue they employed I kind of regret that they want to switch to something more contemporary. I understand why they’re doing it; I just wish the original approach could be kept too.

1 Like

Looked really promising, but I noticed there was no indication or pointers to where missions would be initiated. We only had Dan telling us, that “now we have to go here, to meet someone which will start a new quest”. I know this is early in developement, so hopefully things like that will be clear to the player.

oh god. do you not see those big icons on the compass? or do they have to have big graphics on the screen to show you exactly where to do like all those other dumb rpg games.

Yup, saw those icons on the compass. But it wasn’t that clear to me that from the hut you woke up in, you had to go to the small castle within city walls. Must have missed something in the dialogue.

I feel like some people have a real trouble understanding that this is barely even pre-alpha, and 6 months old at that, made by some 20 people in a year and a half. Come on people. Everything that anyone notices as wrong, Warhorse already know about.

7 Likes

The missing scabbards, sure they know about that.

But things like the modern looking dirt “roads” is a design decision…
The same is it when they allow you to mount an horse from the wrong side… if none of them rides horses, then they might not know. (I didn’t)
So at some point a topic about small details like this would properly be usefull.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s something I noticed right away. It doesn’t bother me too much on some of the characters but some other ones just needed more work. Not too worried about it I guess…there’s still time for them to try fixing on details like that later on development~