Lockpicking is impossible on console

It’s just too difficult.

You need to actually twirl the left stick WHILE keeping the cursor in the sweet spot, WHILE rotating the lock.

It’s obvious they never tested this on console.

I can’t complete the first quest because I can’t pick the lock on the chest to get my dad’s items.

I hope they change it in some way, because it would suck not to be able to pick any locks for the entire game.

15 Likes

It is true lockpicking is crazy hard, but there is other ways of getting those items, I thought I was gonna struggle but other options came around thanks to other quests.

6 Likes

Impossible on PC also.

6 Likes

I know there’s other ways, but I wanted to play as a thief.

Now I can’t.

Why did they make this so hard???

4 Likes

Just be patient with it, it just takes practice. Once you get the hang of it it will get easier I’m sure.

4 Likes

If it’s anything like it was in the beta it’ll be much easier than on console

1 Like

You need to train before you’ll be able to do it. Game isn’t easy. It’s shows you, that Henry is a beginner at everything. After doing for a few times and reaching first level in skill it became much stable and easier. The same with swordfight and etc.

8 Likes

git-gud-28126051

10 Likes

Nah he is right, I hate to say it but lockpicking is about 10 times as hard on controller

5 Likes

Do you play on console?

I bet you don’t.

If you did, you’d realize how dumb your comment is.

Lockpicking isn’t anywhere near this difficult on any other game.

Even an EASY lockpicking is ridiculously difficult.

Don’t comment unless you have actual first hand experience.

4 Likes
1 Like

It’s impossible to do with M&K as well.

Needs to be redesigned.

3 Likes

Now thats just nonsense… I locked tens or maybe hundreds locks with MKB easily, you just need to have corresponding skill high enough, after that there is no problem.

With controller tho…

3 Likes

Don’t talk crap. I have tried the Easy Lock picks as well as the tutorial one and they are all as eaqually terrible and impossibly hard to do. The pick pocket sub-game is also so retardedly difficult it is impossible to do.

5 Likes

In some of the game-making videos it seemed like many members of WH prefer gamepad too so I bet they did plenty of testing on gamepad. Isn’t it like archery where it gets much easier with higher skill and in the beginning the chances of success are just really low because of how hard it is?

1 Like

nope, you are just doing something wrong. It really isnt that hard with mouse.

1 Like

I am equally as pissed off about this lockpicking system, i can’t pick 2 locks on easy difficulty with a controller, or MK so i just waited for the executioner to come home and sliced him up. This gave me the key so i’m not as pissed off now lol

3 Likes

It’s quite simply the worst thing I have ever seen in a game.

2 Likes

I am playing on console actually, and I agree it is hard in the beginning, just like everything else is, as Henry knows nothing about lockpicking. But like I said, it gets easier with practice and patience, I struggled constantly at the start, but have managed to open a few locks now. When you get to rattay, there is a box you can practice on (providing you have the lockpicking) which will help your lockpicking stat go up.

3 Likes

It is hard, indeed. Though you should try harder. This game isn’t meant to be simple.

4 Likes