Looking for a modding team to join

Ok so I know the games not out obviously but I dont know how to mod at all yet. so I was hoping that there was a team out there that already mods games using the cryengine that would be willing to take on the task of teaching a new person to mod.

I have modded somethings before but it was using a GUI or just editing text files... probably not impressive. I however have never touched the cryengine Dev tools but would be willing to learn in preparation to making a mod for this game. 

So to reiterate Im pretty sure its too early to make a mod for this game... but I would like to learn the tools in exchange for helping with the project you will have in the future. after all I have to start somewhere and I may as well start learning before I start trying to do.

the dev tools aren’t out, so you can’t learn the tools. mod teams aren’t virtual classrooms. you’ll probably have more luck trying youtube and googling cryengine tutorial.

good luck!

i was just assuming that the dev tools would be very similar to the cryengine development kit. and have been looking at modding tutorials off and on for some time but feel as though i could use some hands on help. now im not asking for an active mod team to teach me instead of making progress on what there doing. im looking for some one who wants to put a team together for a project they want to do in the future…

so im offering help to people who can teach; but maybe this isnt the best place i have been looking to find this. and i guess i really dont know if the dev tools for this game will be the same as the Cryengine dev kit. so maybe this is just pointless to look into now.

I can’t teach you anything but im down to learn with ya and try working a project together when the time comes.

its never too early to be thinking and learning about what you want to do. haters gonna hate, especially when I turn Henry into Doctor Zoidberg.

Hi there, :smile:
This is a nice idea. I think that I am also interesting in modding… or… scenario editing.
I have worked a lot with Operation Flashpoint and the ArmA Series. I am not as good in 3D modelling, although I have created and some primitive mods in skyrim for myself, I am interested to mod something for kingdom come deliverance too. I know how to work with photoshop.

I have an idea about a Jersey 1373 Mod, during the hundred years war between france and england, because it would be relativily easy to make it, as most of the needed equipment will alread be in the game, because its nearly the same timeframe and its an similar type of landscape. But I am not sure if this Mod will ever be made, I for myself don´t have the abilities to do so, but maybe some people will like this idea. I am also open to join some people and help them to produce a mod.
And in the end, doing a mod is a HUGE timekiller, it needs sooo much time to produce something, so small things are far better than huge projects (like my Jersey 1373 idea).

1 Like

Hello @DrFusselpulli
out of all the time i have spent looking into modding in cryenine map making is what i have looked into the most. so you mod idea interests me but lets learn first then talk about ideas =).

@GoodKarma,
Yes, Jerseay as a Map would be interesting because of the open possabilies of different historic timeframes in it with only small exchanges. But creating a huge map like jersey (even if it will be a cutted down area), is a huge amount of work.

What could be simpler done would maybe be a unique taverns mod, if the developers don´t will implement unique taverns on their own. I don´t like how it is done in skyrim, where nearly every tavern looks like the same. This are not franchise shops like McDonalds! So a mod making every tavern unique in the game could be interesting, if it will be not done by the developers themselfes.

I’ve been worked several times with the CryEngine.
but I am only interested in the level design.
Time will see if Community can work hand in hand.
Or it will be the same disaster as Skyrim and many many others (wog)

It is totally normal that you have a lot of small and different mods, but it would be cool to see some modding teams with bigger ideas like in the ArmA series, where you have something like ACE, set as a kind of standard, and other modders can also be build their stuff around this standard.

I’m always thinking about modding and adding my own content so I was excited to stumble upon these neat applications.

Auto Desk 123d

They are free 3d modeling tools and they do a really good job.

So far I have experimented most with the 3D capture application (available for android and Iphone) below is a link to my first test model that I made out of one of my sons stuffed animals.

My Test Model

Here is a video, this video was made using the application as well.

I have to say for considerably bad lighting and not the highest quality camera the results are fairly impressive im really interested to see if this can be used to create content to add into KCD when it comes time to Modding.

The coolest aspect to me is if this works as an efficient tool for modding you could actually capture and model yourself into the game.

Im already working on seeing if I can use these application to mod current games.(though my modding skills are very limited and this is more research then creation)

This Model, isn’t mine but it shows how well it captures people.

1 Like

that’s the first step. next you have to optimize it. probably can use decimate function for first few 20 thousand polygons, then manually afterwards.

2 Likes

cool man thx, for the update.

1 Like

You still need Max, Maya or Blender to make low poly version but… wow. I did’t know about that and it look really interesting. Installing now!

I am aware been watching tutorials, there’s quite a few different free software programs that can be used.

I just haven’t gotten to that part yet.

Tried that 123D today but wasn’t able to get any good result. Also the program couldn’t downloadt it - I had to go to my profile on their web and download from there…

How many photos you made? I made 40 (of small cup) and it only recognize 4.

It took about 30mins re-adjusting positions.

I took 27 photos. it works best to try and stay the exact distance all the way around your subject and blurry photos confuse the meshing algorithm so retake them.