Low fps even on low i dont have 60 fps

Hey, so i have a good system but i’m not able to reach 60 FPS

my config

GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
Intel i7-8086K at 5ghz
corsair ddr4 ram 32 gb (3000 mhz)
turned g sync off and set the heapsize to 4194304

I get 40-60 fps on High settings with a less powerful PC.
(new I5-8400 2.80GHz, GTX 1060, 8gb ram…)

A few suggestions that might be the reason.
make sure your game is running in full screen.
If you alt+tab out and back in, the game goes to windows mode. it “cost” 15-20 fps.

Also make sure you don’t have any extra screens using resources.
Even if the screen it self is turned off, it still cost resources if windows think it is there.

I did that but didn’t work though thanks for trying to help me, could my resolution be the problem ? i’m playing on a 4k screen ( 3840x2160 )

and you answered it yourself :slight_smile:

1070 it’s too weak for 4K need 1080 TI

if you play only in games sold 16 gb ram (not need 32 gb) sold 1070 gtx and buy better card

True. Not even 1080 have consistent 60fps on 4k.

Nobody really needs 60 FPS for playing a RPG. Even when you ride on a horse you can play with 30 FPS. For more FPS you need a RTX 2080 Ti.

60fps is a luxury not mandatory

You can’t just tell him that nobody NEEDS 60 fps on a RPG. Why do you think he spends money on a 1070? Obviously because he wants to play games fluently. And in todays standard “fluently” is 60 fps. That is nothing that can be quesitoned. 60 fps gaming is not something a game developer can just throw aside. Just saying that, I know that he is playing on 4K and that explains why he has low fps. But please, do never, ever, say again that you don’t need 60 fps for any game again. Please, thank you.

30fps is pretty playable but visibly lagging, 60fps is mandatory for FPS multiplayer games, even in single player is very important to have stability, but one thing is funny, Warhorse team dev asked how does the game run on 4k because they could not afford that.

Please try my mod https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/482

You don’t need 60 FPS for playing games that are about exploration, storytelling and atmosphere. That’s a fact! A game should feature 60 FPS, but you must not have it.

1 Like