Mastering the art of swordfighting

Do I level up when training with Bernard using the wooden swords? Or do I have to train using real swords only to level up?

1 Like

First cool pic of Stevie Ray Vaughan if I’m not mistaken. Second yes you do, using wooden weapon also increases your proficiency with them.

2 Likes

Hey I’m glad, my videos helped you :slight_smile:

Yep that is Stevie alright!!

2 Likes

I tried doing a more detailed combo guide, editing with a program was hell, hopefully in the future I’l lge better but here is the result anyway, I hope it will be helpful:

P.S. Sorry for the 720p, but as a free user I was not able to export in better resolution :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for the videos, Tarnaugrim.

Have you thought of making a set of videos showing how to beat tough opponents with an under-leveled Henry?

I’m only halfway through the game but a lot of people are saying that once you get defense/warfare/sword etc leveled high, the combat is trivial because you always succeed in your attacks.

1 Like

Hey, for this I’ll need to start a new game and I’d really like to finish it once. I’ve played for about 82 hours now and I’m nowhere in the main campaign. If I’m not mistaken, once you finish it once there is a new game+ mode, where I’d like to start as a rouge type of a character and I’d certainly do low level combat videos. Thank you for the suggestions.

whhhaaaaat?
I havent read anything about NG+. whatchutalkingbout, willis??

These Videos explain a LOT. The main thing, that combat on consoles is more sluggish and less agile.

1 Like

I am not 100% sure, I think I read somewhere that there is such a game mode, but I might have been lied to.

awesome video, how good does that slow mo sword combat look. Starting to get the hang of it now and its so much more fun. Thanx again for these vids and great clinking mate.

1 Like

I’m glad I could be of assistance!

1 Like

Carry on Sir /o

Actually I just thought of a question. I’m currently in that mission about the slaughter of the horses down in Nerphburg or wotever its called :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway how long until the Captain is back at the Fighting Arena for lessons, ive been dropping in there to dish some pain on him but hes never there, hes hiding down on the stud farm and refuses to face me. Anyone know when hell get his balls back and show for a beatdown?

Neuhof is the place and if I’m not mistaken you need to solve the case before he can get back

Aaaah k, dang, was hoping for some more training, are there any other places you can duel with a practice opponent?

When can you get that Training, he just wants money from me and then gives me a fucking statpoimt. After that I still get my ass handed to me, because the enemy is ignoring my blocks and dodges

THIS ^^need practice dummy.

After watching these tutorial vids I’m a different swordsman, thanx again :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I made a MOD request thread on the nexus for a practice dummy but I have got nowhere with it, I am glad to find out I am not the only one who is looking for one.
Fortunately I can do “free practice mode” with Cpt Bernard (thank you for that info TarNaugrim) after having completed all training with him.

1 Like

Master swordfighting by staring at the opponents feet so they don’t know what to do