Missing cutscenes in 1.4.1?

You’re usually more salty. Surprised you didn’t say you could now role play as a bug

I think the games in a way worse state now than on release.

I don’t feel like they’ve improved anything tbh. Performance still shit, unless you’ve got the hardware to brute force that lowest frame rate.

Pretty obvious they can’t do any more for performance, I think it’s one of those situations where it is what it is. Must be why there putting Easter eggs and hair and beards.

Far cry runs on cryengine even if customized by Ubisoft. Different? If so, why?

When I drove a car, raced to destination… never remember clothes and heads popping in. Or building textures

Far Cry and CRY Engine (there is a hint in their namesakes)

All the same- I dont get texture issues/head pops etc so in a world of tech random and crazy as it proves to be…;maybe SOME far cry players are experiencing issues with their game.

No. Only Far Cry 1 use Cry Engine.
From Far Cry 2 they used Dunia Engine. Basis of Dunia is Cry Engine, but is nearly a complete rebuild.
Check the Wikipedia (german) about the improvements, (there is no english article):

Customized (my term) vs rebuild (yours) - discussing the semantic difference between to the 2 isn’t a productive line of inquiry imo

The more interesting and salient question is did Ubi do something transformative with the tech to make rendering a relative non-issue. I remember driving around on boats and cars and not having the pop-in/texture issue that many if not almost all of us have with KCD. On PS4, I get NPCs not having heads and clothing not fully rendered as I enter Rattay square on horseback. In far cry, never had anything like that

The reason I ask that is some here (various forums) have asserted these problems are just a cryengine constraint. Well, neither WH not Ubi use pure CryEngine. So, what’s Ubi’s secret sauce?

Voor de engine, die intern bekend staat onder de codenaam Dunia, is slechts 2 tot 3 procent van de Cry-engine hergebruikt. ‘Het is een technisch sterke engine die beter moet worden dan de Cry-engine’, aldus Michiel Verheijdt van Ubisoft tegen Tweakers.net. ‘Het is een slimme engine met een andere aanpak, waardoor een spel ook op midrange systemen te spelen moet zijn. De focus ligt vooral op DirectX 9’.<
https://tweakers.net/nieuws/50850/ubisoft-licht-tipje-van-de-sluier-over-far-cry-2-op.html

If they(Ubi) use only 3% from Cry Engine it´s no more a modification (only). And don´t forget they have now Dunia2 Engine. More than 10 Years developement in complete different branches… That´s no more compareable.

I said customization, not modification, 1. You’re missing the point, 2: is there a structural constraint to vanilla cryengine pop-ins/graphics that has been overcome with Dunia? (my own limited experience with Far Cry says yes) And, if so, what keeps WH from replicating?

Okay customization is not the same as modification, but 97% different makes them not compareable.
BTW I loved Far Cry2 with destuctible objects and fire. Looks like I must check the old Far Crys if they had a better streaming, and no pop ups. Too long ago to remember… :slight_smile:
Do you have FC5? If yes, how does it work?

Looks like we are off-topic… :wink:

I read 3%. Don’t believe it. Regardless, it seems Ubi succeeded in 2 major ways: their implementation minimizes popins* and provides a map editor**. Really hope WH can emulate in the days ahead

*-just traveled in Sasau and stopped ‘cause the bridge next to the blacksmith’s house didn’t render while I was right at the edge. really hope doesn’t take disassembling of cryengine for WH to address popin/texture issues. We may be out of luck if so

** the tool provides what many want out of mods and DLC.

What’s the frame rate like on PS4 mate ? On horse back in rattay I mean, For me galloping through rattay full speed on horse is basically unplayable. It’s a mess. This on pc. Real shit fest that they don’t tend on fixing by the looks of it.

Frame rate is fine. Popins/texture better in some ways than with 1.2.5, worse in others.

Much better FPS than object loaded settlements in FO4. Once in a while, get a brief pause but then all is fine. In FO4, it can grind to a near halt for a while

Are you sensitive to know when the frame rates lagging though ? I’m just curious as some console players are oblivious there frame rates even dropping which is a good thing imo lol. I bet it does drop when at full gallop through rattay. Be suprised if it didn’t, engine can’t handle anything remotely complex, shits itself .

Don’t doubt there’s a drop. But, the drop is no functional consequence to my steering Warhorse Jenda around the pedestrians. This is completely different than FO4 in which walking east along the river in front of CIT dropped to <10 FPS and made it very difficult to react to the NPCs (raiders, mirelurks) in the area

Can anyone confirm that the missing cutscene issue only affects the GOG version? This is at least the impression I get when reading here or in other forums. Most of the people having the issue state that they are using the GOG version.

Yeah, I’m curious about this too. But how would this happen - that cutscenes play on steam version but not GOG version?
But anyway, I have the GOG version and cutscenes do not play from the point of handing the cross-guard to Father.
New installation. No mods.

Definitely not true. I’m using Steam, and I have all the cutscene problems mentioned in the forum. I’ve tried everything and to no avail.

Sorry , But i have to stick with a pirated Copy just to complete this Quest.
I would hopefully take it slow until they fix this bug.
But please warhorse , make it soon ,

Hi guys,

I have the same issue. Do you know if the Steam version has this bug?
Basically, it’s my first game si I can’t play a game nor running the major cutscenes…

Flat unimaginarive worlds with vastly less texture quality (not necessarily resolution).

Loved using far crys as benchmark tools.
When far cry 2 was a thing and a mate bought a laptop with dual vid cards we netted 350 frames per second averages running benches is ultra detail.

Obviouslt Ultra details dont compare to a modern games Ultra settings.
(Eg a lot of peeps can now get 60fps on Crysis benches with Ultra settings)

Kingdom Come will have legs to scale in the future.
Skyrim on launch was fairly easy to max out. Even mods barely scratched an enthusiasts PC (yes some mods are designed to grind the game to a halt for photorealistic graphics, but they arent typical gaming mods).
Seven years after Skyrim launches, even with an enhanced edition- there isnt much we can do… the original script engines were all designed with 32bit memory constraints in mind… against bethesdas best wishes- giving the enhanced edition for free to pc players didnt bring back the mod community who had moved onto fallout 4… so more RAM (64bit) available for scripts (the best benefit of the enhanced edition) didnt pay off with improved mods/game.

Base KCD is fantastic. As the basis for modding it offers a lot.
If Warhorse develop any interface/tools for modding or assist with any documentation - KCD mods will have a lot to offer.