Most annoying experience, bug or part you encountered? Jan Rucker wants to know. Please share your thoughts!

Yeah L2 should lock target releasing and then hitting L2 again should change Target if there are multiple targets if you let go completely you’re unlocked from battle that would be awesome and you’re free to flee

Bernard being buggy and any interaction with them seems to make the stutter worse I went back and avoided contact with him except for the Bandit missions I didn’t do any training with them and everything seems to be going okay don’t get me wrong I have stutter but I just slow down in certain areas and it is manageable or it goes away whereas before I took the sword tutorial and did everything with him as far as training and the whole game was wrecked stutter Galore

The skipping of cutscenes after 1.4.1.
(After giving the cross-guard to father, and the attack on Skalitz - I’m reluctant to progress further while this issue remains so I don’t know if subsequent cutscenes are missing too)

1. The entire quest in the monastery with Pious. Very buggy. I will play to that point and ignore the main quest because of that.
  2. In combat when on the horse at times I suddenly pop up and stand on the horse. You can’t get off and fix it. You can get bumped off, but the chance of dying from the fall is almost certain.
  3. Target lock when multiple targets are present.
  4. After the retaking of Talmberg the game gets all the life sucked out of it. Nothing much to do , but go after bandits and they get scarce. Nothing gets rebuilt and Talmberg (or anywhere else) gets repopulated. If fact at Talmberg the soldiers remain in their camps.

I would like to be able to organize different gear sets. Like a tab in the chest/horse for heavy armor gear stealth gear nobleman gear peasant gear. etc. Also adding leather vembraces that don’t get rid of light armor perk would be nice. Leather or hunting gloves shouldn’t get rid of the perk either. I find that annoying.

2 Likes

Has aged a little bit still relevant

First tier (minimal user quality goal/expectation)

main quest bugs - none should be present that prevent story progression; workarounds acceptable if WH posts (eg in forum); timeliness in acknowledgement/resolution TBD
texture pop in/glitches - shouldn’t be noticeable for all close and medium (arrow strike) distance objects within view of character
stability - game should be free of constant/persistent (at least 1x/day) crashes
fps rate - fps minimum 30 for pc and console; 60 rec for PC and 40 for consoles
save system - all save types should be functional and reliable; capacity limit notification
DLC payment options - notification in advance about whether content free to all users, backers only, or paid by all (how long in advance TBD)

Link to forum

This might seem stupid after all the other legit complaints, but honestly one of my biggest annoyances is that I can’t see when new armor/clothing will LOWER my noise value. When I’m kitted out, my noise is obviously at 100. But when I’m browsing other apparel options, when I hover on a new item, it will show (in red or blue) the new values defense/Visibility/Conspicuousness will have, but DOES NOT show the change for noise. :frowning:

EDIT: Obviously it’s not game-breaking or anything, but it does make it a pain in the ass to look for decent armor with low noise values when shopping. I have to look at what I’m considering in the trader’s inventory, note the noise value, then move to my inventory screen, find the current piece I’m wearing on the proper body part, and check the noise value there as well.

My sympathies exactly I can’t help but think how wonderful it would be to have several kits for different types of approaches already made up and paired together stored in your horse

I think I had a bug somehow on my first playthrough because I had reached a point where my noise value was Zero and I was fully kitted out chainmail at all wasn’t even aware that noise was an issue like I was that new to the game now try as I might I can’t get my noise value below 80 without losing my chain mail

2 Likes

@Ryksalmonson i like the idea of a kit. select it. move it to horse (weight permitting) for temp storage or move it to inventory for more lengthy/permanent storage. wouldn’t allow user to switch kits during battle.

would also be nice to have kit and keeper items separated from loot. that way you can just dump all loot items appropriate to the vendor you dealing with. too many clicks and sorting now. keeper items are non-kit items that you want to keep in your possession; could be potions, bandages, special books, etc.

2 Likes

Constant crashes on the xbox one x.

Jan Hus is alive again and on twitter? Cool!

(If you meant Jan Rucker, then go through the thread again and you’ll see he actually posted here and took note)

1 Like

yea i 100% missed that last night

1 Like

Holy what the eff happened to the guy in your profile pic! :laughing:

#1 bug that is easily corrected:
Grabbing quest items before you are supposed to breaks most quests.
This is because you cannot remove quest items from the inventory. Easy fix, make it so quest items can be moved like everything else.
Better fix, dedicate 20 minutes into making it so you can only move quest items to the stash - this is only because some dolts might throw away quest items and then complain it’s a bug.

#2 Playing with the devil.
Unharmed knockouts break the quest.
Why exactly do the “woodcutters” carry axes and are in fact labeled as Bandits?
Why are you “guilty” of killing wood cutters that assaulted woman in the woods?
Why are you “guilty” of letting the wood cutters kill the witches?
Why no matter how you complete the quest does your reputation with one or the other (priest or alchemist) have to suffer?

#3, and my biggest question yet
Where are the Tournaments ???
You keep seeing tons of youtube videos with people fighting in arenas, but there’s NOTHING in the game world.
How about you throw a differently skinned copy of Bernard inside every arena? that way at least, the arena’s aren’t just a big giant question mark for everyone…

Impossible no kill play-through.
I understand this project was kick started, but if you come up with an achievement that makes people go through the main story line without killing anyone - it’s kind of important that you make sure this type of game play is possible…

And No, it’s not always possible. There are countless bugs that you will never get around without a console mod (AKA cheating). The very first one come sup in “the Prey” which is what, 2 hours into the main story line? If you have a horse you can not just knockout the enemies @ their camp. you have to kill them for Capon to wake up and be interacted with…
Are there non cheating work-arounds? Sure. but it really just highlights the fact that the “no kill” was an afterthought and that the game does not respond well to it.

thats tyrion lannister, its what he really looks like in the books.the tip of his nose got cut off by a sword in a failed assassination attempt.

2 Likes
Spoiler

and why do the women you save and have some back door relationship with have no specific reaction to you later… during Godwin quest or in general?

spawning salmon have about the same level of emotional attachment/reaction

Oh, yeah!! I knew I’d seen it somewhere before!! :smiley:

1 Like

Start by saying I LOVE THIS GAME

Most annoying bug : random crashes since 1.4. Played with zero issues or major bugs on 1.3 … over 100hrs but not very far in game as i love it so much im taking my time. But now since 1.41 i keep getting random crashes with a “kcd has crashed” error box, and as you have limited saves it makes it a real frustration that keeps me from playing any more until I can be sure it stops doing it. I cleared a whole bandit camp, loot and all, and was busy catching nightingales when it crashed and im back at the mill the previous day as I hadnt slept! I go back… do it all again and this time during combat it crashed again.

#2 Playing with the devil. is one weird quest, the story is kind of good, but it lacks cutscenes, and any connection to your character and proper ending of the story. It reminds me of the witcher story “ladies in the wood” but not even close of being just as good, it could have been but it was not.

Definitely last week when my entire inventory box got deleted… didn’t even visit the secret spots just the treasure maps. Had tons of weapons, alt costumes, thousands of herbs for cash - I considered invoicing warhorse for the time i wasted gathering all that.