Multiplayer Idea

It would be nice if it were a drop-in thing. You can search for games and if the player has allowed people to join, you could take the role of a character on the battlefield as either someone on their side or as an enemy. They would take over from AI so people couldn’t just spawn in, to keep immersion. People should be able to disable players connecting and playing as the enemies though, as people may get frustrated if they are constantly attacked by players who’ve mastered the combat system much more than them.

What do you guys think? Yay or nay? Any ideas? I’m curious :smiley:

2 Likes

Here we go again … there will be NO MULTIPLAYER. Just later maybe multiplayer arena and that’s it.

2 Likes

I’d appreciate a mod getting rid of this post as it adds nothing new to the MP non-debate that couldn’t be said in another existing topic.

4 Likes

I wanted to see if people liked this sort of thing, I know it won’t be in the game.

Regardless of the dev’s intentions, great idea, Reverus!

1 Like

Multiplayer is WORST idea ever for this game!

2 Likes

Multiplayer and Historical RPG do not go well together due to the fact that we would get idiots bunny hopping around with stupid names and griefing everything in sight.
So glad they have stated continually this will be a single player game!

3 Likes

no multiplayer for this game…fortunately! Medieval tournaments only

You know it won’t be ingame and yet you feel the need to post about it here…umm…why?
Looks like we need Geralt to take a break from making Witcher 3 and come and slay a troll!

As a matter of fact I would love to see this in 95% of all singleplayer games - the feeling that any NPC could be another player. But it’s just not worth the time and money!
It’s like having a champagne bar in an offroad truck. While it is certainly great to have a bar in your car, it’s really not worth the money if you bought the car to drive in the hills.

1 Like

Oh for pity’s sake, they’ve already confirmed there won’t be any multiplayer. :stuck_out_tongue: This exact same subject has gone up so many times.

This is the best mp idea I have seen so far. Much better then Coop. Its just like the “battletime”-feature for m&b warband. It is mor sp than mp. But would be much work for the devs…

NO!

btw:
Thx for starting the nth topic about multiplayer just to iterate the idea you basically stole from my comment in the coop thread.

Please guys, can’t you use forum search before creating a new topic? There are already numerous threads on MP…

I just wanted to see what others thought about my idea. Guess that makes me a troll then… :’(

Why would I steal your comment? Don’t see anything I could gain from that…

Brilliant explanation :smiley:
I agree.

I dont wanna read another MP forum topic not when there are others out there talking about the same thing. Are there any moderators for this forum it’s going to get worse the closer we get to Alpha and Beta!

Very good point, I agree :slight_smile:

Multiplayer only leads to a game full of hackers and i wouldn’t wont to see this game destroyed by a bunch of cheats.