Multiplayer POSSIBLE

Multiplayer: Do it like Neverwinter Nights or Baldur’s Gate. Nuff said.

Just don’t do any multiplayer. Nuff said.

1 Like

Ohh man, you’re so stupid.

No, there is no stupid in saying people are tired of tacked on MP just because people like you demand.

MP can fuck off as far as I am concerned.

1 Like

To want only SP is selfish. Especially since this kind of MP has nothing to do with SP, cannot interfere at all.
Regards.

Selfish? Dude, just because I have different tastes in gaming doesn’t mean I’m more selfish than you or anyone else here. And of course MP does interfere with SP: Warhorse had to put money, time and skill into making a decent MP part which is imo better spent elsewhere and which will probably diminish the quality of the SP because of limited budgets. That’s just a reality of game development. Warhorse is not Ubisoft with 1000 people and more working on a game…

But your whole argument is pointless from the very beginning. Every game has a certain vision and concept. Is it selfish if I think that a soccer game shouldn’t offer a baseball experience as well? Hell no, it’s just a soccer game and the developers want to create a specific experience.

2 Likes

Then I suppose the people making the game are selfish.

If you want a MP game in this kind of setting, go make your own game.

1 Like

It’s selfish that you decide. If devs come to me and say “this kind of MP is too expensive” then I take it. But you guys are refusing any MP just because it’s a MP and you want your SP.
In fact, I don’t want MP either, i wonn’t play it, I want pure SP experience, but I am telling you blind deaf selfish guys it’s simply possible to put Tournament-based MP into the game with just a bit of effort.
And how much money you have to put into Tournament-based MP? One menu screen, one network handler and thats it. There is no need to invent something new.

Cool, I decide here? I didn’t know that but it sounds good.

I want this game to be SP because it was presented as a SP-only game on kickstarter. I paid money in advance for exactly that vision of a game. Warhorse told us what they plan for the game and asked us for our money if we like that. MP wasn’t a part of that. In fact, the absence of any MP was one of the reasons why some of us even backed the game in the first place. But I guess we’re all selfish because we support a certain vision and concept for a game and because we’re not open to additions and changes of whatever extend and depth. Sure, I’m selfish because I oppose the idea to radically change the direction and vision for the game by implementing MP? I don’t think so.

As I said elswhere I personally could live with some MP in tournament mode but that should be up to Warhorse to decide whether it fits to their vision or not. But there imo shouldn’t be any MP interfering with the SP campaign because that’s not what was promised us during the kickstarter.

And I don’t get why you constantly insult me here?! I’m neither stupid nor selfish nor blind nor deaf. There is no need to insult other people if you want to present your own arguments. It doesn’t help your position in any way. It just makes yourself looking childish, sorry.

1 Like

Ditto on this. In Tournament Mode it would be nice to have multi-players squaring off with one another. However, the game itself tells the story of a single character, Henry. On occasion NPCs will join him but they will not be controlled by the player. What I’m saying is the story is not being built around the idea of an “adventuring party” like some other RPGs (Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc.) There’s not a spot in the story to insert other players without a significant redesign of the game they’re building.

If you like games in the type of BG or NWN check out Avadon: The Black Fortress. It’s from an independent developer and can be bought through Steam (I wouldn’t) or the developer’s own website (there’s where you want to go). Just Google it and you’ll find the way. I’m not sure if it includes mutli-player but the game is very much in the same wheelhouse as BG & NWN.

I think that afyer this game Warhorse could make a good MMO from this game.

NO.

Somethang bout Ten Churkheters.

1 Like

I´m sure WH could make a good MMO, but that has nothing to do with KCD. :smile:

Read all the comment.

Which one?

[quote=“Flashfire, post:49, topic:8935”]
If you want a MP game in this kind of setting, go make your own game.
[/quote]

Or this?

Or?

Or what?

What do you want concret to discuss about MMO? :slight_smile:

1 Like

First, relax, please.

In my comment I said “…an MMO from this game” and I asked you to read ALL the comment because you said it had nothing to do with KC:D.

Also, I agree with those of you that dont want MP.

Then why advocate for an MMO?

I dont want MP for this game, but I think after this game is TOTALLY finished and they have been suporting it for some time, there could be a good MMO FROM this game.

How do you imagine that?

I mean, in most MMO you grind on creeps, going raids and choosing healer/tank/support/damager class. Taking straightforward quest and kill milions.
You would have to simplifiy the quests, AI, made much larger map for all the players. In short make bigger but rigid world.

That is quite the opposite of what is Warhorse trying to do.

1 Like

Don´t get me wrong! :slight_smile:
If there would be a KCD2 with MP AND a great Story,… I have nothing against MP.
And if WH says next game is a MMO which plays in the year 2790?!? it is okay for me, but first let´s finish KCD as a success story. WH had put so many hours into this project; they worked so hard to bring their vision to the people. There are much more games with only MP than SP with a good story, that´s the reason for backing this particular projekt.
If WH makes after this a good MMO game,… perfect for the gaming world, but that´s something complete different than the original KCD. :blush: Maybe I will back them again!!!