My honest opinion on "From the Ashes" DLC

Ya, Should been done better, listened more to fans reasonable requests, last longer, more rewarding after being done, more new stuff…… ya lets go back and discuss this.

1 Like

Lol :slight_smile:

You are correct dear sir, so hopefully my OT was not that annoying after all!?

Players lacking knowledge of what the past was actually like and conditions. have a romantical view of the past and blur todays living conditions together with actuality of the past. If they were subjected to the past I really doubt they would be so keen to be so glowing about living there. In a game as a game yes, saying this should be that or this… not so much.

There was a PBS show about a real family that agreed to live for a while in Victorian conditions in a Victorian age house and the father having a Victorian job.
No electricity, no vacuum cleaner no appliance they knew, Victorian clothing, food, food storage ect.
The found out it wasn’t as easy as their modern life. This more advanced then a 1403 stint.

2 Likes

Seem you miss the point made. The average life expectancy at birth of 30-35 years in medieval times did not occur because people died a lot around that age. The average land there because people a lot either very young AND at a much higher age 55-70.
The “lottery” to live to 65 was not as unusual as you seem to think.

I did not deny that. I just said getting to 65 was a lottery stacked against you.

1 Like

I guess I just misunderstood the intent of the comment.

If the average is 30 something the anything past that be “stacked against you” kinda by definition of the word average so it just feel a bit obvious but I think I get what you trying to say.

I remember that show! They also had a season where a family lived in the pioneer era as well. I think the names were Victorian House and Pioneer House, but I am not 100% sure on that.

In my experience almost all eras and even many modern nations are romanticized by those that do not actually live there. There are of course exceptions to any rule and I do not think that many people romanticizes Nations like modern Syria and so on. But take a look at modern India for instance, despite the poverty, dirty cities and many more less flattering qualities the nation is still for many people known mostly for how spiritual and how one can find harmony in ones life. I do not say that India is only bad, all nations and places have both good and bad qualities but I think India is a prime example of a nation that have had a good reputation in Europe that in many cases was just because a romantic view of the east and what was and is perceived to be the orient.

So I definitely think there is wisdom in what you say, I for one can honestly just agree and say that I would not want to live in medieval times as anything else than a very rich person… And that is only if I had to as I am more than happy with my modern life. But people having a romantic view of historic eras is not strange, we all have them to different degrees.

Is there any salvation for this DLC? No words from the developers, no news, no shi**? Nothing will be done, take it or leave it?

1 Like

DLC got little adjustments to it lately, but they do not plan further improvements, they would say it in stream, I think they mostly focus on releasing other DLCs which should bring more fun and stories.

and mebbe more disappointments.

3 Likes

My expectations and disappointment for ashes were in some ways as high as they were for Die Mannschaft. Hope the trend reverses

1 Like

Yes, i have to agree with you on that. But I have a proposal to make:

-We are the consumers of the product(s) made by Warhorse Studios, so we have to push on the feedback and tell to WH what we want to see in KC:D and future projects. As for WH, if they want to continue in this business, growing and selling his products, they are obligated to listen.

More them 65% of the people who played this DLC say that was a mediocre installment, fun at the beginning but frustrating.

The end of the story in KC:D (main game) was frustrating enough for me. This have to stop.

1 Like

They are not “obligated”, but they should listen. But listen how? You maybe imagine that they will upgrade DLC, but they will probably not. They will rather take feedback in consideration when creating next product (DLC or next game). Also I can see that feedback if very different. Someone says that combat system is hard, someone that it is easy. One loves it, one hates it. How can you take feedback from that? There will be always some group disappointed. And maybe if they listen to the group that shouts most, they will lose much more customer from the silent one. Feedback has to be approached very carefully.

@Kaven, thanks for the lesson you wrote…

When i use the term “obligated” i’m saing it by a business perspective. No one will prosper in the business by trying to sell shit. No one will buy.

Many people are disappointed with this DLC. Is not the same case like the people who don’t like the combat system or the save system, we don’t have a 50/50 of people liking/disliking this DLC. Is more 30/70. You only need to search this very forum to see what the people say and the survey that have been done.

2 Likes

Yeah, I understand, but I am trying to tell you that you just cannot follow the most loud shouters. You say that DLC likes/dislikes are 30/70, yet on steam I see something like 62% positive. Not very fascinating result, but it is still in favor of “like”. Also consider that people who are satisfied, usually don’t write that much in forums - so this feedback is a bit biased.

I also see many think that could be done better in DLC, but it is always, with every game. I am sure that Warhorse will take the feedback into consideration for future project, but I do not expect anything more from them. I don’t expect they will go like “Ok, give Henry a castle, big town and army” just because people shout for it.

1 Like

I hope so…

I can say by myself that i’m not shouting for this unrealistic wish. I just wanted more content from a DLC that they said it have 30 hours plus of gameplay and in reality is nothing like that.

1 Like

Well, I got like 60 hours from it. Just because I started a new game and DLC forced me to make much more money than I did before. So a did a lot of poaching and exploration and bandit-killing. Also thanks to DLC I discovered some new quests around Talmberk (nearest settlement near Prybislavitz), that I missed totally in my first gameplay. So the promise certainly worked for me.

1 Like

Well, i have more them 400 hours on this game in my shoulders. Maybe is because of that i was so disappointed about this DLC.

Then next DLCs will probably be more for you, there will be some more quests. I am especially looking forward to tournaments, because I like combat system a lot, and there is never enough enemies.