New gameplay video "The Good, the Bad and the Sneaky"

Warhorse published a new gameplay video on YouTube

The same gameplay as E3 and Gamescom. More polished and amusingly commented.

There is anyway an unexpected addition

meme

7 Likes

Too bad it is the same gameplay again, I guess they don’t want to spoil too much

You can finish enemy. Nice. I think it is good example to show the options and the result. No need for spoiling whole quest.

I like it. It seems they managed the glitches of the clothes.

Looks like they changed the faces as well, I like it. the guard at 0:55 looks pretty good, the eyes seem a bit smallish? Captain Bernard (probably not the right spelling) looks a bit strange, perhaps the eyes as well but could just be the lighting.

Is this a latest build of the game or just updated e3 build?
Did anyone else noticed how ugly are models of clothing and mail armour, compared to models of anything else?

I’m actually glad, they already spoiled too much in my opinion.

Facial animations look improved much.Was this gameplay on xbox one?

It’s an actual build, around two weeks old i think.

2 Likes

Yes it seems running on xbox one (I guessed from the controls and fps drop😉)

Thaks.

I have to say I’m quite disappointed, how is the game turning out.

Animations are still terrible like in 10 years old game and in my opinion ruining the whole experience. I know for some time that they won’t be able to reach modern standards, but I still hoped for at least some improvements, I see none.

Facial animations were improved a bit, but are still quite bad. Dead faces with still eyes, unnatural lip movement (and even problems with lip sync).
This can be problem in so dialogue heavy game.

Game is for some reason oversaturated, especially green (opposite problem than beta).
I thought that Warhorse is aiming for realistic look, so why colours like from children’s book.
Lighting also looks somehow worse than before (but it can be because of the colours)

Armour looks like made from plastic, it’s too clean and doesn’t have that handmade look
What is the blood on one of the character clothes supposed to represent, that he fell in one of the blood puddles? He has clothes and hat cower with blood but completely clean face and belt, it looks weird. On the other hand that bandit is mortally wounded, but here is no sign of blood on his clothes.
Skin and hair shaders doesn’t look too convincing.

Only improvements I noticed, are that clothing layering finally seems to work without glitches, and we have scabbards!!! So instead sword glued to the side we have sword in scabbards glued to the side. I wouldn’t mind some straps, but better than nothing

6 Likes

Sadly I must agree with you. A game that is due in three months time shouldn’t look like this.

1 Like

I was happy that finally scabbards are there!

But the straps are missing! though. They are included in the ingame cutscenes but not ingame.

There are still three issues.

1: The bandit takes out a knife, which cannot be seen on his model (and missing a scabbard)
2: A huge issue, after the bandit dies, the scabbard visually disappears (6:03)
3: Icing on the cake would be if there is an animation, where NPCs and Henry Clean their sword with their gloves before putting it back :slight_smile:

Polishing is still needed but progress is slowly visible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree with this. There’s no point being overly negative or disappointed. This build has shown that things are progressing in the right way and progress can’t be seen as a bad thing.

The guards faces and models in general feel much more polished, I felt the lip sync had improved as well. And it was great to see the Mercy Kill option. Assuming that the Stealth Kill will work in the exact same fashion.

Keep plugging away guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the ai attack is atleast looking more fluid and polished. transitional animations are important. the movements and behaviors between walking/running/sprinting and enaging/attacking/fighting are crucial and i see major improvements on that front. very much anticipating more polishing.

1 Like

Armour should be clean, and well kept looking. Filthy/dirty armour is a cliche.

Carrying a dead body ? Maybe he was cradling one of them in his arms while they bled out? Put his hat down in some blood?

This is beyond nit picky

4 Likes

Agreed on all points.

It seems as if a decision to change the overall look of the game has happened at some point in the development. I prefer the old look over this new one

Simple Yes or No question for future polishing.

Models in the ingame cutscenes have straps for their scabbard as seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS3i-01MD3o&feature=youtu.be&t=123

Will you add those straps step by step to each other ingame npc model and pc model as well?

I didn’t meant that armour should be filthy and dirty.
To clean was probably bad word, what I meant is that it doesn’t look worn and handmade by the blacksmith, it looks like plastic armour straight out of factory, shapes are to regular there is not a single small scratch, studs are perfectly evenly spaced and all has exactly the same shape.
Medieval steel had small imperfections. You probably never seen authentic well preserved medieval armour, if you think it should look like this.

At 7:01 of the clip you can see that Bernards helmet looks used. clips
Yes the plate armour did not look as good as in former clips. Have they used the same platform and the same video settings?

Fore me there are besides the graphics or sword belts other things important, like more animals (like oxes, capercaillies, geese etc.), cycle of life be it for plants, animals or people ( keyword: children), crossbows, jousting and fighting with lances, but if the story and the gameplay drows me into the game I can excuse those things and wish Warhorse a success. So there is hope for some improvment in further games. Warhorse dont make allways the perfect step in my opinion, but they are on the right way.

I ain’t gonna form an opinion until release.
These are nobles with very nice armor. You probably wouldn’t see all that much scratches on them, or look hammered out like something from the “vikings”. They had figured stuff out to make armor look nice and polished. This is 1400 AD, not 500 AD. Although, this is probably for all of the characters that have this sort of armor unfortunately :c
But still I can’t wait for the gameplay!