New small Update

But with the last patch, the timeskip feature sets the surroundings to black. They could perhaps implement a system where when the timeskip is finished, everyone is roughly where they’d be at that time?

That’s exactly what the skip time is. It much faster simulates everything, so it’s where it would be if you just play the game.

Thank you for the help/explanation with vsync.
I tested it

and i have also 115-130 Frames

The skip time menue is the same like set t_scale 10 on the console?

But there is another bug, not only the sounds of forging (bing, bing) und the steps in the water

Looks like the black background isn´t the highest graphic layer :smile:

Sorry for the bad news, but Skip Time doesn´t prevent from Quest glitches (Troubles in Smithy).

For easy confirmation (it´s complicated):
Start a new game. Skip time for 7 hours. Now check the questlog.

A quest is in the log without any action(maybe talking)! (For me it´s a bug, but that´s not the point.)

The quest is now broken!! Smithy is now searching for his hammer, he never lost.

If you don´t use Skip Time (you can use t_scale 10 - that works correct), this event comes day two at 11.00 .

My explanation(my opinion):
It´s 15.30 day one. Smith is coming from lunch. He is going to the forge. There is a trigger point. Checking the onetime event(lose hammer).
Check NO:
Normaly he (the smith) is doing something(forging, eating, walking) till 19.00. Between 19.00 and 23.00 there is the onetime event. He is going to help his neighbour to repair his fence. In this time he lost his (1-9 pieces-bug) signed hammer.

Check YES.
Searchin for the hammer (but also forging, eating sleeping)…

With Skip Time the check gets wrong (YES).

But what happens when you are waiting with normal speed and then Skipping Time between 19.00 and 23.00? Another problem! There are no hammer(s) at the fence.

Next day smithy goes at 10.30 to the forge. Check for lost hammer… NO! He didn´t lost him. --> No quest for searching hammer! And he doesn´t help his neigbour with the fence any more (it was a onetime event).

But if you skip time on day two between 10.00 and 11.00 than you have a Check YES again… but also no signed hammer at the fence.

You can buy another hammer at the shop, but the game crashes at the handover with smithy…

Skip Time: check doesen´t work correct; event (lose hammer) doesn´t happend!

At the moment it´s a poison feature…

NEW: Sometime the smith works till 23.00. He dosn´t help his neighbours and dosn´t lose his hammer. Next day at 11.00 the quest is in the questlog. Damned! (He knows I´m watching him :smile:)

3 Likes

Thank you Blacksmith for the comprehensive bug report. I’m pretty sure our script department will love it :wink:

1 Like

I´am sure they are happy about any bug report. It would be nice if more people make some. My holidays end soon.
Who will continue with bug reports? :smiley:

Steam just downloaded a 2,6MB update; no update news though.
So what was the update?
Thanks!

Only Microsoft Visual C++ 2013

2 Likes

what was this update?

after this update, the game crashes in a few minutes after starting… :fearful:
everytime…

I am sorry about it, try to delete your USER_GAME folder. :wink:

is there anyway of speeding up the skip time / sleep time ? every hour slept / skipped is about a minute long so sleeping for 8 hours at a time is ages in game play :pensive:

No. Post must be at least 10 characters.

??? that post was more than 10 characters so not sure what is meant by this

The answer (@Aradiel) was only “No.”. That are 3 characters. But that’s not enough. The forum software want’s as a minimum 10 characters… :blush:
You can test this by making a new posting.

As above, your post, and mine, must be at least 10 characters. The quotes do not count in this 10 character minimum limit.

magic

2 Likes

many thanks. that makes sense :slight_smile: