New small Update

I just saw that my steam updated KCD again.
size 13.8MB
seems like a small bugfix or something, have to test out if I can see or can a developer say something about it?

nice to see that you bring small updates!

1 Like

Thats weird, I also see this update now in my steam library. But the update is scheduled for 22:33, I guess I have to wait for it nowā€¦

Either way, really good they do small updates yea! :smiley:

1 Like

you can just click on ā€œupdate nowā€ or something like that

Statement in my steam community updates:

Tech Alpha 0.2.1 Release Notes
We have released an update for the Tech Alpha 0.2 originally released on December 20. This new update addresses the following issues:
Grass shadows as well as that of other objects are no longer disabled when Advanced Graphics Settings are modified.
Skip Time background is now black. This removes annoying flicker in fullscreen mode. Skip Time is also a bit faster.
Sky after load is no longer dark and the Sun appears at the right place.
Sky after Skip Time is now properly updated.

I copied that directly from there. Also I dont see any ā€˜ā€˜update nowā€™ā€™ buttonā€¦

Edit: I found it, it has been updated now thx @janfo!

4 Likes

Great.
With this update now the menu of the game appears in windowed mode and i can only see the mouse icon.
No menu entries or text. Basically i canā€™t start a game.

Any ideas?
0.2 Worked Flawlessly

P.S. How does the ā€œSkip Timeā€ feature work?

Bring up your inventory screen and itā€™s on the bottom right.

Funnily enough, I was talking to another who pledged on Steam, and I was updating them on what I was doing in the game and one of the things I mentioned was how the waiting is longer than current Bethesda games. Hopefully ā€œmaking itā€ faster actually makes it a lot faster. Time to go test it out.

Oh right, didnt even click on update news cause most developers neglect that. Nice to see Warhorse is an exception.
And I think it would be cool if you would add small fixes and stuff every now and then instead of releasing one big update after 2 or 3 months. But thats only my opinion dont know if its practicable.

1 Like

That seems to be what theyā€™re doing.

And yes, it seems faster, but 10 movements in the clock for 1 hour is stillā€¦pretty slow if Iā€™m going to be using it to do some missions.

I didnā€™t have this issue. Perhaps bring it up to them in a separate thread to sort out if itā€™s your system or the update thatā€™s more at fault here.

1 Like

@Hellboy
Is it possible for next update (small or big isnā€™t important)
to add the SkippingTime Button to the game itself?
I mean without having to open the inventory?

And thank you for the small update
regards,
Rataj

1 Like

Nice little update, thank you! :wink:

ItĀ“s faster, but not fast enough. Check it out with 23 hours. You have to wait!!!
The only thing whatĀ“s fast, itĀ“s the sound of forging. Another bug!

Yes, it is definitely not fast enough. If thereā€™s going to be missions where someoneā€™s only out a certain time, I want to be able to wait there for them to save the time of looking for where they are now.

The problem is the game is fully simulated including animations to prevent any AI glitches. Just the rendering is disabled and time steps are set to the fixed maximum possible 250ms per frame as the engine doesnā€™t want to go bellow 4 fps. I found something we missed during development of the skiptime feature. If you enable to show frame rate in the graphics settings, you can see during the skiptime it reaches no more than 60 fps. If you set r_vsync = 0, it can go as high as possible on your PC (itā€™s around 130fps on my home PC) and therefore the skiptime is proportionally faster. I know itā€™s not ideal and want it as fast as possible in the final game :blush:

1 Like

But with the last patch, the timeskip feature sets the surroundings to black. They could perhaps implement a system where when the timeskip is finished, everyone is roughly where theyā€™d be at that time?

Thatā€™s exactly what the skip time is. It much faster simulates everything, so itā€™s where it would be if you just play the game.

Thank you for the help/explanation with vsync.
I tested it

and i have also 115-130 Frames

The skip time menue is the same like set t_scale 10 on the console?

But there is another bug, not only the sounds of forging (bing, bing) und the steps in the water

Looks like the black background isnĀ“t the highest graphic layer :smile:

Sorry for the bad news, but Skip Time doesnĀ“t prevent from Quest glitches (Troubles in Smithy).

For easy confirmation (itĀ“s complicated):
Start a new game. Skip time for 7 hours. Now check the questlog.

A quest is in the log without any action(maybe talking)! (For me itĀ“s a bug, but thatĀ“s not the point.)

The quest is now broken!! Smithy is now searching for his hammer, he never lost.

If you donĀ“t use Skip Time (you can use t_scale 10 - that works correct), this event comes day two at 11.00 .

My explanation(my opinion):
ItĀ“s 15.30 day one. Smith is coming from lunch. He is going to the forge. There is a trigger point. Checking the onetime event(lose hammer).
Check NO:
Normaly he (the smith) is doing something(forging, eating, walking) till 19.00. Between 19.00 and 23.00 there is the onetime event. He is going to help his neighbour to repair his fence. In this time he lost his (1-9 pieces-bug) signed hammer.

Check YES.
Searchin for the hammer (but also forging, eating sleeping)ā€¦

With Skip Time the check gets wrong (YES).

But what happens when you are waiting with normal speed and then Skipping Time between 19.00 and 23.00? Another problem! There are no hammer(s) at the fence.

Next day smithy goes at 10.30 to the forge. Check for lost hammerā€¦ NO! He didnĀ“t lost him. --> No quest for searching hammer! And he doesnĀ“t help his neigbour with the fence any more (it was a onetime event).

But if you skip time on day two between 10.00 and 11.00 than you have a Check YES againā€¦ but also no signed hammer at the fence.

You can buy another hammer at the shop, but the game crashes at the handover with smithyā€¦

Skip Time: check doesenĀ“t work correct; event (lose hammer) doesnĀ“t happend!

At the moment itĀ“s a poison featureā€¦

NEW: Sometime the smith works till 23.00. He dosnĀ“t help his neighbours and dosnĀ“t lose his hammer. Next day at 11.00 the quest is in the questlog. Damned! (He knows IĀ“m watching him :smile:)

3 Likes

Thank you Blacksmith for the comprehensive bug report. Iā€™m pretty sure our script department will love it :wink:

1 Like

IĀ“am sure they are happy about any bug report. It would be nice if more people make some. My holidays end soon.
Who will continue with bug reports? :smiley: